Windows 10: My copy of Windows 10 is acting buggy

Discus and support My copy of Windows 10 is acting buggy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been using Window 10 for two months now. I've noticed some weird glitches with the OS. -The taskbar will get stuck in its hidden view. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LurkingAssassin, Aug 22, 2020.

1. My copy of Windows 10 is acting buggy

Been using Window 10 for two months now. I've noticed some weird glitches with the OS.

-The taskbar will get stuck in its hidden view. I have to press the windows key to have it show up again.

-Taskbar icons will disappear. I have to go into taskbar setting to get them to show up again.

-Closing apps will produce some weird effects. Sometimes it looks like it's lagging, other times it produces an odd ghosting effect.

-Sometimes the photos app that looks at pictures will open to just a white screen. I have close that photo and open a new one in order to fix it.

I ran sfc /scannow in powershell and it didn't find any issues. Windows and all of my GPU drivers are up to date.

Am I going to have to do a fresh install of Windows? I would prefer to not do that and see if this issue can be resolved by other means.

:)

LurkingAssassin, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2020
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

My copy of Windows 10 is acting buggy

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

My copy of Windows 10 is acting buggy

1. My copy of Windows 10 is acting buggy - Similar Threads - copy acting buggy

2. Windows settings and notification center acting extremely buggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows settings and notification center acting extremely buggy: Hi, after joining Windows Insider Program and installing the update 10.0.22623.1037 ni_release I have multiple issues.My settings app is not showing properly and the various paths have wrong names and order. Also I'm unable to open notification center anymore....
  3. Windows settings and notification center acting extremely buggy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows settings and notification center acting extremely buggy: Hi, after joining Windows Insider Program and installing the update 10.0.22623.1037 ni_release I have multiple issues.My settings app is not showing properly and the various paths have wrong names and order. Also I'm unable to open notification center anymore....
  4. Windows acting extremely buggy after reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows acting extremely buggy after reinstall: Hi,Earlier today, I attempted to use a system restore point. This was because I had deleted a few files and had accidentally restored them from the Recycle Bin. When I was used system restore, I kept getting an”AppxStaging” error. I read a few articles, and after a few tries,...
  5. Windows acting extremely buggy after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows acting extremely buggy after reinstall: Hi,Earlier today, I attempted to use a system restore point. This was because I had deleted a few files and had accidentally restored them from the Recycle Bin. When I was used system restore, I kept getting an”AppxStaging” error. I read a few articles, and after a few tries,...
  6. Keyboard acting buggy and strange in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard acting buggy and strange in games: I own a Corsair K55 RGB gaming keyboard, I always loved to play games likes ROBLOX and Minecraft with it. Until I plugged in the Corsair Harpoon RGB gaming mouse. The moment I plugged it in I joined a game on ROBLOX because I was so excited to use it, but then out of nowhere...
  7. Computer is acting buggy and not I cannot diagnose it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is acting buggy and not I cannot diagnose it: It was hard enough to get this thing to run to safe mode as the bios run in safe mode.Now I am running things in safe mode, but when I look on my computer there is no way to diagnose this thingTroubleshooter is a joke, because it does not have a button to push if you disagree...
  8. Buggy Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buggy Windows 10: I just built a new system with a ryzen 5600x, asus b550-e MoBo, Crucial Ballistix ram, and a Gigabyte rx570 4GB GPU. I have reinstalled windows 10 5 different times with a few different versions with various efforts of different software configurations "with or without - AV,...
  9. Xbox one controller acting buggy in game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller acting buggy in game: I've recently started using my xbox one controller on my pc and for whatever reason it's not accepting button/trigger input quite often, and it's also acting as if the trigger is being pressed in when the controller isn't being touched. This happens whether the controller is...
  10. Firefox acts buggy

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox acts buggy: Firefox After Installing Win10 doesn't load pages that got after closing new tab there will still be animation on scrolling down picture it shows all over website *Sad Sorry for my English. 38620