Windows 10: my cortana and search box is not responding.

Discus and support my cortana and search box is not responding. in Cortana to solve the problem; since the new updates downloaded and installed my Cortana and search box is not responding.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hedayatsa, May 17, 2021.

1. Hedayatsa Win User

my cortana and search box is not responding.

since the new updates downloaded and installed my Cortana and search box is not responding.

:)

Hedayatsa, May 17, 2021

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 17, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, May 17, 2021
  4. my cortana and search box is not responding.

Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, May 17, 2021
Thema:

my cortana and search box is not responding.

1. my cortana and search box is not responding. - Similar Threads - cortana search box

2. My cortana and search box are not responding.

in Cortana
    My cortana and search box are not responding.: since the new updates downloaded and installed my Cortana and search box are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-and-search-box-are-not-responding/0a5f0b39-4569-4816-a743-7f7df24d8634
  3. my cortana search box is missing from box

in Cortana
    my cortana search box is missing from box: cortana search box missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-search-box-is-missing-from-box/7ba3f66a-1b4e-4ef8-8a95-07f66a2f7fc2
  4. The search box does not respond

in Cortana
    The search box does not respond: when I click on the search box in the lower left corner of the desktop it doesn't open at all.? Dism does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-search-box-does-not-respond/40460d7f-eab7-4b75-8a96-04261d2c057a
  5. Cortana and Search not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not responding: Hi, After a new update KB4497165 on my windows 10 version 1909, the Cortana and Search on the toolbar are not responding when I click them. I have tried to uninstall the latest update, reset the search box and running troubleshoot. But nothing works. I am not sure if this...
  6. Search box not responding

in Cortana
    Search box not responding: I just updated to the most recent version of win 10 and have already had this problem 3 times. The search box just stops working out of the blue. I can still open it but when I move the cursor over it it starts loading. The text line is blinking but it doesn't register...
  7. Cortana search box

in Cortana
    Cortana search box: Hello, I reinstall Windows and have a problem with Cortana. Before I can choose three functions to show Cortana on the taskbar: Hidden, Show Cortana button and Show Cortana search box. Now I can choose only Show Cortana button after clicking right mouse button on the taskbar....
  8. Search Box/Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Search Box/Cortana not working: Hi microsoft. My laptop's search box/cortana isn't working. It doesn't show any search results. I already tried troubleshooting the search and indexing only to no avail. Please help...
  9. Search box in Cortana inactive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box in Cortana inactive: When I try to use the Cortana search box it tells me "I've lost access to your account please sign in" but the sign in the bar at the bottom is inactive. I cannot type in the search bar. This is new as I have been having problems of all the icons freezing requiring me to do...
  10. Cortana / Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana / Search Box: The search box keeps popping open at random. I turned off Cortana but the search box keeps coming on. This is very annoying. If I want to do a search I'll open it myself. How can I stop the Cortana / Search box from popping itself on? 31998