Windows 10: My Cortana just stopped working. (Case ref: 1460293963)

Discus and support My Cortana just stopped working. (Case ref: 1460293963) in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, My cortana was working just fine. But suddenly as soon as i click on the mic icon next to the search window, it brings up the cortana screen but... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AditiBhattacharya1, Feb 6, 2019.

1. My Cortana just stopped working. (Case ref: 1460293963)

Hi,

My cortana was working just fine. But suddenly as soon as i click on the mic icon next to the search window, it brings up the cortana screen but with "Tap Here" to make sure Cortana can hear hear you!

Then i click on Home icon on the left. That brings up the usual Cortana round thing, as if it is speaking, but i cant hear it, nor can it hear me. The screen also shows the "Set up a Reminder" but as soon as i click on it, it takes me to Bing with search results for Setting up reminders, instead of actually setting reminders on the Cortana screen. Please help. I spent half hour with one of your execs on chat, but even after updating the system, it doesnt work.

I need Cortana as my virtual assistant. Use it all the time. Thanks

Aditi

:)

AditiBhattacharya1, Feb 6, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Cortana stopped working

Cortana completely stopped working followed all the suggestions that are post on line nothing works. So how do I reinstall Cortana

EdRichards2, Feb 6, 2019
  4. My Cortana just stopped working. (Case ref: 1460293963)

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

My Cortana just stopped working. (Case ref: 1460293963)

1. My Cortana just stopped working. (Case ref: 1460293963) - Similar Threads - Cortana stopped working

2. My internet just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet just stopped working: I'm using an Dell G15 and basically my internet just stopped working along with airplane mode and battery saver being disabled for no reason. Not sure what to do, all of my other devices are fine in my house. I'm guessing that my wireless connection was disabled or something....
  3. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  4. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  5. My games just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games just stopped working: I have no clue what to do anymore I have exhausted my knowledge which probably isn't much, but I up until a week ago I was able to play any game on my PC I wanted mostly a bit of Warzone and Civilization VI. Warzone did freeze up quite often which later after doing some...
  6. My audio just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio just stopped working.: Two days ago my laptop had a few issues, and on that account I got it fixed by a very well rated IT technician. He brought it back to me and when I opened it today, I saw that it was displaying a red cross on the audio icon. I entered the trouble shooting and it says that one...
  7. cortana stopped working

in Cortana
    cortana stopped working: has just stopped, any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-stopped-working/efb116d4-b28c-446e-8753-d2590db5a334"
  8. ref-work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ref-work: ref-works program for Microsoft word will not run write-n-cite, the program is stating that Microsoft office is not installed. Office is installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ref-work/cc22941e-8c67-4623-9a89-4987209e691d"
  9. Cortana just stops working

Cortana just stops working: I can't believe I am the only person with this problem. Cortana works , more or less, for a day or so and then just suddenly I click on "ask me anything" and nothing happens. Cortana is just plain non-responsive. If I re-boot my machine it starts working again until the next...
  10. Cortana stopped working

Cortana stopped working: When I start using Cortana it will not connect to the Internet. I say, for example, "Hey Cortana" then I say "Facebook Log in" it copies what I say but then comes back with, "The Internet and I are not talking right now." or "I can't connect right now, try again in a little...