Windows 10: My cortana works before, but now never works

Discus and support My cortana works before, but now never works in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, May I know how to reset cortana completely? It worked before but now never works, it always says cannot connect to internet, please try again... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by victor.q, Jan 27, 2019.

1. victor.q Win User

My cortana works before, but now never works

Hi, May I know how to reset cortana completely? It worked before but now never works, it always says cannot connect to internet, please try again later.

:)

victor.q, Jan 27, 2019
  2. janeoct22 Win User

Cortana search not working AT ALL

Cortana has not worked since I took the laptop out of the box. There were no changes made to the PC. I will try creating a new admin account as suggested by the link above and will let you know if that still does not work. I have tried all of the other
    steps listed in that article.

janeoct22, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Cortana not working

Hi,

Just to ensure that the settings are configured correctly, please try the steps below.

This issue may occur if location settings are not turned on for Cortana.

To turn on location settings for Cortana, I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and type Location in the search.

• Open Location Privacy Settings.

• Under the option "choose apps that can use your location" check if Cortana is turned on.

• If not turn on and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Joy Kemprai, Jan 27, 2019
  4. My cortana works before, but now never works

Microphone not working with Cortana

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing detail of the issue.

I suggest you to try below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Cortana & Search settings.
    • Slide the slider to On in Hey Cortana.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

My cortana works before, but now never works

1. My cortana works before, but now never works - Similar Threads - cortana works before

2. usb not recognised, was before now not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb not recognised, was before now not working: My usb lead i use to connect my xbox controller to my pc has stopped working, saying its unrecognised, i have tried updating and uninstalling but nothing is working. It stopped working after i updated some drivers with winzip as they needed updating....
  3. Cortana Never Works

in Cortana
    Cortana Never Works: Hey guys, My Cortana didn,t work If ya guys Know the solution please tell it to me as soon as possible Cortana don,t work, now search always tire me Problem Cortana don,t ever work Result Ended up, tiring search Can ya please tell me a solution to this problem?...
  4. Cortana Is Not Working Like Before

in Cortana
    Cortana Is Not Working Like Before: I updated to windows 2004 update and now found that cortana is not working like it was working before the update. Now, it is not opening apps when I say to open an app like word pad or ms word and shows the steps from bing search. For some searches it says some results are...
  5. Cortana now working correctly.

in Cortana
    Cortana now working correctly.: Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so it tells i and internet are not talking to eachother or i can't connect at the moment etc. But when i ask a offline command...
  6. My Cortana not working

in Cortana
    My Cortana not working: My Cortana not working and its a new laptop. it was working fine for few days and now it says not available in Canada? week before it was ok? Please advise -Thx RD...
  7. 3 monitors worked before but not now.

in Windows 10 Customization
    3 monitors worked before but not now.: so I had a hard time changing my fount size on my third screen so I clicked the "get help" button in the settings. the tech that "helped" me made delete everything under my display adapter drive. he also made me download intel graphics 4000 instead of whatever I had before....
  8. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not working: Hi all.... I am having trouble trying to get Cortana to work, I click the mike icon and the window appears but it dosent seem to hear me . It asks me to test the mike and I speak and it says its fixed but its just the same. When I press the windows button and C the window...
  9. cortana not works as before

in Cortana
    cortana not works as before: I recently formatted my pc and put the lastest version and genuine windows 10 and signed with my Microsoft account but cortana is not working as before before when I say hey cortana shut down computer my pc shutdowns, but now it shows some web searches before when I say...
  10. Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana: Hey all, Ever since i upgraded its been a regret of mine. I cant search anything by hitting "windows key" then typing anything. The only thing it will find is - dxdiag cmd msconfig It wont even find paint, or notepad, or wordpad, calculator. Not to mention...