Windows 10: My CPU is at 100% all the time

Discus and support My CPU is at 100% all the time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer's CPU is always at 100% when I open Task Manager. I have different apps open all the time, they are; Chrome, Edge, Spotify, Notes, Netflix,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Legend2309, Feb 18, 2019.

1. My CPU is at 100% all the time

My computer's CPU is always at 100% when I open Task Manager. I have different apps open all the time, they are; Chrome, Edge, Spotify, Notes, Netflix, Photoshop and Illustrator, although I only ever have about 2-3 open at a time. My computer runs quite slow and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not but I don't think it should be at 100% Please help.

:)

Legend2309, Feb 18, 2019

2. CPU @ 100% Constantly

From time of boot CPU is at 100% I disabled all startup programs and no change, I tried everything I could think of and found on the web. I uninstalled all my programs and...no change super fetch...no change. I get the sad blue screen (was every once and
    a while) almost every time it freezes... which is very frequently now..Any suggestions?

YuhrExWife, Feb 18, 2019
  3. 100% CPU Usage after Windows 10 upgrade

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Most of the time, computers only use a small fraction of their CPU power. In fact, many computers use less than 5% of their CPU most of the time. When you open an application, play a video game, or encode media file, the CPU usage will rise or spike temporarily.
    Once the CPU intensive process completes, the CPU usage should once again drop down to lower level. Most applications will not use up more than 50% of your CPU for an extended period of time. However, some programs and system processes can use up a large amount
    of CPU without you even knowing it. This may happen if a program gets stuck in an infinite loop or encounters an unexpected error.

I suggest you to perform Safe mode and Clean boot procedures on the PC by following the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot your PC in Safe mode by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Reboot the PC to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)
    (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue persists, perform Clean boot on your PC by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

I suggest you to perform clean boot by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
      • Type msconfig.msc and press Enter.

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type msconfig.
      • Select the top most search result.
    Follow the steps from 3 under How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Wysiwig Win User

My CPU is at 100% all the time

cpu usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100% from start up for no apparently good reason. Service Host appears to be the problem but I cant narrow it down more than that at present.

Any suggestions?

I am using Windows 10 full release version 64 bit.

Wysiwig, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

My CPU is at 100% all the time

1. My CPU is at 100% all the time - Similar Threads - CPU 100%

2. 100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?: Hello,I wiped my computer's disk HP with the Windows 10 Home edition because its performance was worryingly poor - I couldn't use it at all. After I did it it worked well for some time, I didn't install anything except for a browser on it but now using it has become...
  3. 100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?: Hello,I wiped my computer's disk HP with the Windows 10 Home edition because its performance was worryingly poor - I couldn't use it at all. After I did it it worked well for some time, I didn't install anything except for a browser on it but now using it has become...
  4. 100% disk, 40% CPU and 60% memory on a wiped computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hidden process uses 100% of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden process uses 100% of CPU: I left my laptop for some time and when went back on it while it was blacked out but not asleep, I heard loud fan noise. I quickly opened task manager and found a process called "CPU process" then it immediately closed, and the fan noise disappeared. That process was using...
  6. Hidden process uses 100% of CPU

Hidden process uses 100% of CPU: I left my laptop for some time and when went back on it while it was blacked out but not asleep, I heard loud fan noise. I quickly opened task manager and found a process called "CPU process" then it immediately closed, and the fan noise disappeared. That process was using...
  7. As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...: It is very strangeAs soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100% busy for 10-20 seconds !!!This problem is very annoyingI searched a lot on Google, but I did not see such a post for the Microsoft Edge browser I saw for Opera and...
  8. As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...

As soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100%...: It is very strangeAs soon as I focus on the address bar of Microsoft Edge and start typing, the CPU is 100% busy for 10-20 seconds !!!This problem is very annoyingI searched a lot on Google, but I did not see such a post for the Microsoft Edge browser I saw for Opera and...
  9. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start: Hi,i have WIN10 OS LTSC. 2019when i am opening Taskmgr right after startup , the cpu is on 100% and slowly gets down.but after running any type of exe , its raising again.there is no specific task that causing that.i have tries:disable windows defendersfc /scannoedism...
  10. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start: Hi,i have WIN10 OS LTSC. 2019when i am opening Taskmgr right after startup , the cpu is on 100% and slowly gets down.but after running any type of exe , its raising again.there is no specific task that causing that.i have tries:disable windows defendersfc /scannoedism...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. processor all the time is 100%

2. cpu at 100% all the time