Windows 10: my cpu is getting really high for some reason

Discus and support my cpu is getting really high for some reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so idk why but my cpu is at like 5% when I'm not doing anything but as soon as I open chrome it goes to like 80% dahm just typing this I'm feeling my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LucarioAcee, Oct 30, 2020.

1. my cpu is getting really high for some reason

so idk why but my cpu is at like 5% when I'm not doing anything but as soon as I open chrome it goes to like 80% dahm just typing this I'm feeling my laptop getting a bit toasty

submitted by /u/LucarioAcee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LucarioAcee, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Very high CPU usage and WPR trace

Hi Barbara,

There are a few reasons why your computer shows a high CPU usage. It could be because of malware or malfunctioning software. To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    service host high cpu usage

Hi Natalie,

Conflicts with the Firewall & Network protection settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having a high cpu usage on your computer. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by Jean-Baptiste Dumuids to resolve the issue. Many community members find his post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 30, 2020
  4. L Mttrs Win User

my cpu is getting really high for some reason

High CPU usage for no reason

Hi,

A little while ago, while I was working on a project on my PC, I noticed that my computer started getting laggy, I didn't have much open, so I checked task manager to see what was causing the high usage and nothing came up. The CPU usage was really high
    and when I added up each process effect on the CPU, it was way below what the actual CPU usage was. Every once in a while, my computer will get super laggy but when I open task manager, my computer immediately runs faster, as if something was closing when
    I open task manager. If anyone has a possible solution that would be great. Thanks!

L Mttrs, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

my cpu is getting really high for some reason

1. my cpu is getting really high for some reason - Similar Threads - cpu getting really

2. High explorer.exe CPU usage without reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High explorer.exe CPU usage without reason.: Hello, I've had this issue for a while now where the windows explorer is using 20-25% of CPU when my pc is completely idle.My pc specs:i5-9400 2.9Ghz16GB DDR4 2400MhzGTX 1060 6GBWindows 10 Home 19044.1706What i've already tried:Disabling cloud storage OneDriveTurning every...
  3. High explorer.exe CPU usage without reason.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High explorer.exe CPU usage without reason.: Hello, I've had this issue for a while now where the windows explorer is using 20-25% of CPU when my pc is completely idle.My pc specs:i5-9400 2.9Ghz16GB DDR4 2400MhzGTX 1060 6GBWindows 10 Home 19044.1706What i've already tried:Disabling cloud storage OneDriveTurning every...
  4. I've been getting really high CPU usage recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been getting really high CPU usage recently: Are these processes normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-getting-really-high-cpu-usage-recently/a2e2c1a3-45e1-46da-ba1a-67eed5387896
  5. I've been getting really high CPU usage recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been getting really high CPU usage recently: Are these processes normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-getting-really-high-cpu-usage-recently/a2e2c1a3-45e1-46da-ba1a-67eed5387896
  6. I've been getting really high CPU usage recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Everything is really washed out for some reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is really washed out for some reason: idk if this is a windows setting, a virus, or something wrong with my monitor, but everything looks like it has a yellowish white filter on it. it's not eye saver mode, it's much brighter than that. it makes the borders on boxes disappear into the background, and some buttons...
  8. High CPU usage on all programs for no reason?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage on all programs for no reason?: Everytime I open a program, it will jump up extremely high in cpu usage, up to like 50% or more. For example, if I open up Opera GX, it jumps up to 40% CPU usage, goes down, and then whenever I interact with it, like opening up a new tab or loading a youtube video, it jumps...
  9. High CPU usage for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage for no reason: Hi, A little while ago, while I was working on a project on my PC, I noticed that my computer started getting laggy, I didn't have much open, so I checked task manager to see what was causing the high usage and nothing came up. The CPU usage was really high and when I added...
  10. High CPU and memory for unknown reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU and memory for unknown reason: Hello, I got myself a pretty nice, pretty fast Acer Aspire laptop, about 3 months ago. It's definitely better than my old Acer Aspire. This one has more gb, more memory and a better video card. It can run a few games, it can run my art software, and it can handle that I'm...