Windows 10: My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...

Discus and support My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My CPU is on the WIndows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ CPU 2.3Ghz 4 core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesShawWOD, Oct 13, 2021.

1. My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...

My CPU is on the WIndows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ CPU 2.3Ghz 4 core

:)

JamesShawWOD, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Willie L Win User

Windows 10 compatibility checker CPU not supported??

so i just reserved my copy of windows 10 but when i click on the compatibility checker it shows 2 critical error. First it said my cpu i7 5930k is not supported.. and then it goes on to say my video card gtx 980ti will experience problems with your display..
    so can i not upgrade to windows 10? i can understand the gtx 980ti being so new probably isn't added or updated to the list yet but the 5930k shows up as not supported??

Willie L, Oct 13, 2021
  3. moxojo Win User
    Splash screen says "this PC is unable to run windows 10" - Compatibility report says "You're Good to Go"

I have a weird issue where the Windows 10 App is giving different information depending on what screen I am on.

When I first open the app it says "Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10" (See screen shot below)

My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ... 417c1062-34da-41e9-843b-b5111b291b3d.jpg

So I click on the "View Report" to check the compatibility issue and I get a clean bill of health saying "You're good to go, Your PC will work with Windows 10"

My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ... 8b9e6d02-5777-481b-a89e-f31c7793461d.jpg

What gives? I have not seen the temp folder showing that any files are getting downloaded in preparation for an install.

Background:

• The first time the compatibility report ran I had the widely reported issue of the CPU being reported as incompatible. I followed the instructions for forcing the patch for the App to be installed and I forced the compatibility checker to be re-run by following
      the steps over here How to Fix: CPU Not Compatible with Windows 10 Error (steps that are also suggested on this forum)
      • for whatever reason I got a confirmation saying that the compatibility checker had run in the command prompt but when I opened the app the last run day was from over a month ago and it still listed my CPU as being incompatible
      • Tried several more times with the same result
    • When the Launch date happened the App must have run itself as the "last run" date changed to 7/29 and the compatibility check says I am all good. But the splash screen still says this PC is unable to run windows 10
    • Uninstalling the app and re-downloading the necessary KB's doesn't fix the problem
    System info:

• Lenovo W520 4270CTO
    • CPU: i7-2960XM @ 2.70 GHz
    • Video Card - Intel HD Graphics
    • Video Card Discrete - NVIDIA Quadro 2000M
    • Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
    Any thoughts / suggestions? Thanks!

moxojo, Oct 13, 2021
  4. My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...

Website shouldn't be on compatibility list?

Thank you for your reply. I don't understand how carry our your suggestion to "manually remove the website from compatibility view". My explicit list of compatibility sites is already empty. The website experiencing the trouble is *apparently* being treated
    as requiring compatibility because it is on a Microsoft list of such sites, and I have the box checked that says "Use Microsoft Compatibility lists". My only option to get the site to work appears to be to uncheck this box, but then I will presumably have
    to list some other sites on those lists explicitly as requiring compatibility, which seems undesirable.

RoyLevin810, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...

1. My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ... - Similar Threads - CPU Windows11 compatibility

2. Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported: the checker says my cpu is not supported but when I checked he list of supported cpu's it is actually included and supported?my cpu is IntelR CoreTM i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz...
  3. Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 compatibility checker says my cpu is not supported: the checker says my cpu is not supported but when I checked he list of supported cpu's it is actually included and supported?my cpu is IntelR CoreTM i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz...
  4. Will microsoft add my CPU on the list i5-7400

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will microsoft add my CPU on the list i5-7400: It is not part of the list , can you please add my CPU so that I can update to Windows 11, thanks Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-add-my-cpu-on-the-list-i5-7400/9591f141-11bf-4034-950d-20a083ae498b
  5. Will microsoft add my CPU on the list i5-7400

Will microsoft add my CPU on the list i5-7400: It is not part of the list , can you please add my CPU so that I can update to Windows 11, thanks Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-add-my-cpu-on-the-list-i5-7400/9591f141-11bf-4034-950d-20a083ae498b
  6. My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU is on the Windows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ...: My CPU is on the WIndows11 compatibility list, but the Checker says it is not. I5-6300HQ CPU 2.3Ghz 4 core https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cpu-is-on-the-windows11-compatibility-list-but/1ca284bf-2683-4360-83e3-6527feb9f412
  7. Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's: Having run the Windows 11 Checker App, is says my CPU is not compatible Intel Core i7-6700HQ @2.6GHz, however the CPU is listed in the compatible CPU list as far as I can see.Any idea why this might be the case? Is it due to the GHz or is this an error and should I try to...
  8. Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's

Windows 11 Checker App states CPU is not compatible but it's in the list of compatible CPU's: Having run the Windows 11 Checker App, is says my CPU is not compatible Intel Core i7-6700HQ @2.6GHz, however the CPU is listed in the compatible CPU list as far as I can see.Any idea why this might be the case? Is it due to the GHz or is this an error and should I try to...
  9. i5 6300hq support in Windows 11

i5 6300hq support in Windows 11: With enough speed, cores, memory, and all security requirements met, why in the world would Microsoft not support the i5 6300hq processor? I could understand no support if performance would be the pits, or security requirements could not be met, but that does not appear to be...
  10. i5 6300hq support in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i5 6300hq support in Windows 11: With enough speed, cores, memory, and all security requirements met, why in the world would Microsoft not support the i5 6300hq processor? I could understand no support if performance would be the pits, or security requirements could not be met, but that does not appear to be...