Windows 10: My CPU keeps spiking and two services go to the top of task manager as soon as it happens.

Discus and support My CPU keeps spiking and two services go to the top of task manager as soon as it happens. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When the problem happens, I lose all sound on my device, except apps like Discord and Skype. The two services that pop up are: Windows Audio Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonas Stenfatt, Feb 28, 2021.

1. My CPU keeps spiking and two services go to the top of task manager as soon as it happens.

When the problem happens, I lose all sound on my device, except apps like Discord and Skype.

The two services that pop up are:

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Service Host: Local Service Network Restricted

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

:)

Jonas Stenfatt, Feb 28, 2021

2. services.exe CPU spikes caused by pc suite update

I have windows 2000 SP4 (yes, i know i need to upgrade). I recently got the update to PC Suite. I now have version 6.86.9.0

every minute or two, task manager shows a CPU spike to 100% that lasts about 3 seconds. the task is services.exe

naturally i started stopping services until the intermittent spikes stopped. the culprit? a service called 'ServiceLayer', which runs the NclUSBSrv.exe and NclRSSrv.exe processes.

as soon as i stopped it, the CPU lag spikes go away. after about an hour, it seemed to run fine, then i opened up nokia pc suite, it started the service again, and the CPU lag spikes came back.

obviously nokia processes are causing some problems, and it has something to do with a change in the last update.

nokia, can you please look into this or tell me how to fix?

thx.

Message Edited by nellweems on 17-Apr-2008 08:17 AM

nellweems---01, Feb 28, 2021
  3. GAM51 Win User
    CPU Spikes - crash game, unable to load browser

Thank you so much for responding. I have done as you suggest with the paging file sizes. We will see what happens.

On my Task Manager Processes window nothing stands out – infact it shows task manager using the most CPU. All other listed processes are only a decimal % (eg. 0.8%)

Further information – I have an Ethernet connection and use Telus (I am located in Squamish BC, Canada). I notice that even while sitting ‘idle’ – as in me typing presently to you in this reply – I have my Task Manager open to Performance and the Ethernet
    window shows occasional large spikes in send and/or receive, when I would have thought that nothing is being sent or received. Is this normal behaviour?

Anyway, again I really appreciate your advice.

Cheers

GAM51, Feb 28, 2021
  4. My CPU keeps spiking and two services go to the top of task manager as soon as it happens.

Spikes in CPU usage

Open Task Manager and under list of Processors , sort them by CPU usage and see what process is using it.

1% to 17% is normal and it might be background task for maintain Windows or Anti-Malware check.

Does it happening with Rainmeter skin?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

My CPU keeps spiking and two services go to the top of task manager as soon as it happens.

1. My CPU keeps spiking and two services go to the top of task manager as soon as it happens. - Similar Threads - CPU keeps spiking

2. CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened: It started recently or maybe a long time ago, I don't really know when ever I'm not monitoring my laptop's performance or usage, the CPU usage just rises to around 50% or more and the temperature also rises as you can see in the second picture. Using Core Temp and Armory...
  3. CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage and temperature spikes when Task Manager is not opened: It started recently or maybe a long time ago, I don't really know when ever I'm not monitoring my laptop's performance or usage, the CPU usage just rises to around 50% or more and the temperature also rises as you can see in the second picture. Using Core Temp and Armory...
  4. CPU usage spikes up when task manager closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage spikes up when task manager closed: Hi, how can i solve CPU usage spiking up when task manager is closed? I already tried scanning for malware with a lot of tools and i tried to start the pc in clean mode to see wich program is causing the issue but even with clean mode boot up the cpu still spikes up. Thanks...
  5. CPU usage spikes up when task manager closed

CPU usage spikes up when task manager closed: Hi, how can i solve CPU usage spiking up when task manager is closed? I already tried scanning for malware with a lot of tools and i tried to start the pc in clean mode to see wich program is causing the issue but even with clean mode boot up the cpu still spikes up. Thanks...
  6. Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes

Task Manager - GPU Temperature Spikes: Hi, every time I log into windows. My GPU all the sudden heats up. Like the highest I seen it reach was 110c which was insane. I literally planned on buying a new gpu cooler due to the excessive temps. However, I noticed that when I open Task Manager, the gpu temp suddenly...
  7. Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spikes in Task Manager Performance graph: Why are there spikes in Task Manager Performance graph and most of the time 100% CPU Usage?** original title: Windows ** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spikes-in-task-manager-performance-graph/84d3bb44-baaf-4ef6-8bbe-14bb50198c97
  8. 90% CPU usage spike happens at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    90% CPU usage spike happens at random: This has started happening a lot lately, whenever I'm using Discord or browsing social media those two especially, other times at random my laptop will freeze and lag a whole lot, task manager even stopped responding once. What is happening? I've already checked control panel...
  9. DPS service cpu spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPS service cpu spikes: Hello, I have cpu spikes for 1 second, about 20%cpu from dps service? Can I fix it without dissbling this service? submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwvdwy/dps_service_cpu_spikes/
  10. Is having high CPU usage and spiking down CPU usage as soon as opening task manager normal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is having high CPU usage and spiking down CPU usage as soon as opening task manager normal?: I have a situation occuring in my laptop Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51-54U3 wherein everytime I open task manager and my CPU usage is very high ranging 60%, 70%, and even reaching 100%. After a few seconds, my CPU usage lessens to 30%, 10% and below. This high CPU usage only occurs...