Windows 10: My CPU, Memory and Disk percentages are Skyrocketing! Any help?

Discus and support My CPU, Memory and Disk percentages are Skyrocketing! Any help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For a while now, my laptop fans have been going crazy, so I had to do some research. I found out that through task manager you could look at the CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lYepezl, Feb 12, 2021.

1. My CPU, Memory and Disk percentages are Skyrocketing! Any help?

For a while now, my laptop fans have been going crazy, so I had to do some research. I found out that through task manager you could look at the CPU percentages for each program. Once I opened the window for task manager, my CPU percentage was at 100%. For some reason, the highest CPU percentage is usually chrome even though I have no extensions or anything. This percentage usually goes of to 70 %. In the task manager there is the number (36) next to chrome while I have 3 tabs open.Do these have any correlation? Any ways I went into the chrome task manager and the highest percentages were, “Browser” and “Gpu process”. Other high contenders for high CPU percentage are the task manager itself and a background process called “Antimalware service executive”. Task manager goes up to a constant 10% and the antimalware service executive goes up to 30%. In the way of this process I saw that a lot of my memory and disk was also taken away by chrome and the antimalware service executive. My memory stays at a constant 60% and disk 40% when I am using chrome. I have already done a hard reset and the problem still continues. Are these problems cause because of a Virus? Summary: CPU percentage goes up to 100%

-Chrome uses like 70% when I am using it. -Antimalware goes up to 30% sometimes.

Memory goes of to 70% Disk goes up to 40%

I would really appreciate any help

submitted by /u/lYepezl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lYepezl, Feb 12, 2021

2. Why Windows 10 memory usage skyrockets out of nowhere?

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Most of the time, computers only use a small fraction of their CPU power. In fact, many computers use less than 5% of their CPU the majority of the time. When you open an application, play a video game, or encode media file, the CPU usage will rise or spike
    temporarily. Once the CPU intensive process completes, the CPU usage should once again drop down to lower level. Most applications will not use up more than 50% of your CPU for an extended period of time. However, some programs and system processes can use
    up a large amount of CPU without you even knowing it. This may happen if a program gets stuck in an infinite loop or encounters an unexpected error.

High CPU Usage May Be Caused By:

• Out-of-date drivers (Run Driver Hub to automatically update or manually update them).
    • Running too many applications at once.
    • Insufficient virtual memory (How to Fix Virtual Memory Issues).
    • Overheating/Poor ventilation.
    • Virus/Malware infections.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option
      on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Start your computer in safe mode with networking
    and check the CPU usage. If it works fine in safe mode with networking, let’s perform
    clean boot.

step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    High Disk, Cpu, Memory usage problem

Hi Damian,

It is possible why your CPU is having issues can be due to load of programs that are running in the process. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article:
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.
    You can also perform a clean boot by clicking on this

link
    . It helps eliminate software conflicts.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 12, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

My CPU, Memory and Disk percentages are Skyrocketing! Any help?

CPU and Memory usage

Hi Chris,

You need to find the processes that are using your CPU and RAM

Open Task Manager and if necessary choose the Processes Tab

Leave that open to monitor your system

When your CPU goes to a high percentage, click on that column header, so the arrow faces down

What are the top 5 processes listed?

Then do the same for the RAM column when the RAM percentage is high . . .

DaveM121, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

My CPU, Memory and Disk percentages are Skyrocketing! Any help?

1. My CPU, Memory and Disk percentages are Skyrocketing! Any help? - Similar Threads - CPU Memory Disk

2. High CPU, disk and memory use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU, disk and memory use: I have a dell computer, the model is Inspiron 3455 and there has been a lot of issues with high uses in task manager, playing games is very laggy and crashes a lot. I was wondering if there’s any fix to this? My pc is on windows 10...
  3. Super High CPU, Memory and Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Super High CPU, Memory and Disk: My laptop is windows 10 and 8gb ram. My laptop has always been smooth, its 1 year old. This week, my laptop is experiencing a lot of lag. Screen freezes, crashes and browser not responding even though I only have 1 window of microsoft edge opened. The more I restart my...
  4. Looking for a app that will Show my CPU, CPU, memory, and disk usage percentages as apart...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Looking for a app that will Show my CPU, CPU, memory, and disk usage percentages as apart...: I've been Looking for apps to better accessorize my Windows experience like Lightshot with its ScreenShot feature. I was hoping there was something out there that will add a "widget" over my desktop background. That Doesn't overlay apps. Did anyone see anything like this?...
  5. 100 cpu, memory and disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 cpu, memory and disk usage.: This just randomly started happening. I scanned for viruses and can't find a fix. Help? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7uoze/100_cpu_memory_and_disk_usage/
  6. memory at high percentage /memory leak

memory at high percentage /memory leak: Recently my pc has been stuck at 45-80% memory,this has stopped me from being able to play games etc.. I have tried everything till i got to the point of resetting my whole pc with a fresh start and stil... no fix. I have been looking for a solution for days now yet...
  7. Nearly Maxed CPU, Memory, and Disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Nearly Maxed CPU, Memory, and Disk: Hello, wondering if anyone can shed some light onto my problems. I have recently just had my computer completely wiped and upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Edit - I was having these problems previously. Not just since I have upgraded to Windows 10. My CPU, memory and...
  8. CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%

CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%: Whenever I run any program on my laptop, my disk usage, along with CPU and memory usage shoot up to 100%. Even without running any programs, task manager still shows them operating at around 60-70%. I have tried every other online solution with no success whatsoever....
  9. CPU high percentage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU high percentage: Antimalware service executable is consuming a lot of CPU. How do I disable it ? * Moved from Win 10/Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cpu-high-percentage/98023cc6-d869-4f4f-98dd-b3fa9077bbd7
  10. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...