Windows 10: My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that

Discus and support My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my cpu usage was about 70% when i was in game but now my cpu usage is always at 90% and reaches 100%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sentoise1, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Sentoise1 Win User

My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that

So my cpu usage was about 70% when i was in game but now my cpu usage is always at 90% and reaches 100%

:)

Sentoise1, Aug 5, 2022

2. 100% CPU Usage on HP EliteBook 2530p

Help! This laptop is burning on fire as hell! While I'm browsering on Google Chrome, The CPU Usage reaches 100%. How can I decide when CPU Usage reaches 100%.

Device Name: HP EliteBook 2530p

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

E-Lock Zone, Aug 5, 2022
  3. CPU Usage 100%

Hello,

First time posting here so hopefully someone can help me out.

Today out of the blue my CPU usage has gone up to 100% according to task manager. The strange part is according to the detailed section the System Idle task is taking up 90-99% CPU which is normal from what I have read. So I'm confused about why the main
    page is showing 100% all the sudden.

According to OpenHardwareMonitor CPU usage is only 1-5%.

The main cause that I noticed is when I launched the program Bandicam is when I noticed this issue. Although I'm not sure if Bandicam is the cause.

One last note is my fans are running pretty high. So I highly doubt that 90-99% of my CPU is idle.

I have my system shut down currently to see if after leaving it off for a while if the system will cool and fans won't be running so high. But I doubt that will fix the 100% CPU problem.

Any advice?

Thanks so much in advance!!

fishcharlie, Aug 5, 2022
  4. My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that

Windows 10 CPU Usage 100%

Just upgraded to Windows 10 a few days ago. Everything works fine, pretty happy with it. Although today I opened up Task Manager and noticed that my CPU usage is at 100% without anything running. Doesn't affect my laptops performance, no lag during high
    graphical applications. Is this a visual bug or something like this?

Alexander Polischuk, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that

1. My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that - Similar Threads - cpu usage always

2. Ai service tool causing cpu usage to reach 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ai service tool causing cpu usage to reach 100%: I have noticed my pc has been running slower lately and ive gone and check task manager and saw that something called Ai service tool is using up to 90% of it, ive tried to delete it but it just wont work....
  3. Ai service tool causing cpu usage to reach 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ai service tool causing cpu usage to reach 100%: I have noticed my pc has been running slower lately and ive gone and check task manager and saw that something called Ai service tool is using up to 90% of it, ive tried to delete it but it just wont work....
  4. why while playing my CPU is reaching 90-100?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why while playing my CPU is reaching 90-100?: I also tried in WOT Blitz its CPU 25+ GPU 50± why Roblox is eating so much, I don't think it's very hard game? Also, I have no lags while playing Roblox...
  5. why while playing my CPU is reaching 90-100?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why while playing my CPU is reaching 90-100?: I also tried in WOT Blitz its CPU 25+ GPU 50± why Roblox is eating so much, I don't think it's very hard game? Also, I have no lags while playing Roblox...
  6. My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that: So my cpu usage was about 70% when i was in game but now my cpu usage is always at 90% and reaches 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cpu-usage-is-always-at-90-and-sometimes-reaches/43cab73c-bef8-4003-bbd4-81d3e5a52a05
  7. My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cpu usage is always at 90 and sometimes reaches 100 but 3 days ago it wasn't like that: So my cpu usage was about 70% when i was in game but now my cpu usage is always at 90% and reaches 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cpu-usage-is-always-at-90-and-sometimes-reaches/43cab73c-bef8-4003-bbd4-81d3e5a52a05
  8. KB5000802 - CPU Usage in Task Manager always at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB5000802 - CPU Usage in Task Manager always at 100%: After install the update "KB5000802", i notice that the Windows Task Manager always shows the CPU usage at 100%, despite the system doesn't have any actual load. As is possible to see in the attached image, the CPU usage in task manager shows 100% and several processes with...
  9. SSD usage reaching 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD usage reaching 100%: Hey, so this problem has been happening for a while now, only just now writing this. Whenever I play Grand Theft Auto V, this triggers the issue: my SSD usage keeps reaching 100% and freezing my game. This is whenever I travel around the map in a car, plane, etc. I don't...
  10. CPU Usage Always Shows 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Usage Always Shows 100%: My computer always shows 100% CPU usage in the Task Manager. However, it never seems to effect performance. I recently installed another hardware monitoring software (Open Hardware Monitor) and it only shows a fraction of the CPU usage, as compared to what Task Manager is...