Windows 10: My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager

Discus and support My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried scanning the PC with Malwarebytes, and a few other tools. The results came out clean. I finally installed a fresh new copy of windows on PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TSI_powah, Mar 29, 2020.

1. TSI_powah Win User

My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager

I tried scanning the PC with Malwarebytes, and a few other tools. The results came out clean. I finally installed a fresh new copy of windows on PC.

The CPU usage is still at 95-100% but goes down after a few seconds.

I tried using a few third party tools to monitor the CPU usage and it's normal.

My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager 1246e0d7-d989-47e5-ac98-21fd8d110eaa?upload=true.png

:)

TSI_powah, Mar 29, 2020

2. CPU at 100% that goes away when opening Task Manager

Thanks for your answer @Jay#222. I understand that a computer is doing a lot in the background. In that case above, I was using Adobe Lightroom which is heavy on the CPU but I might get this when I'm just using Google Chrome googling things. Its weird to
    me because upon opening the Task Manager, my CPU calms down when it might have been working hard for quite some time. My CPU might be working hard for 10 minutes and then upon opening Task Manager, it calms down. I'm sure if it listed the CPU usage prior to
    opening the Task Manager, it would be 90%-100% usage all prior. Is it something like the Task Manager flushes processes and that's why it drop significantly? And I mean it drops to the point where the fan will calm down and my laptop will not lag much.

Warpstar22, Mar 29, 2020
  3. high cpu usage when task manager is open

i am having issues with cpu usage when i bring up the task manger it shows that cpu usage is 59% with the task manager app using up 30-40% cpu usage in the performance tab it show that my cpu usage is at 80% usage but when using other programs to check
    my temps and cpu load etc is shows low 20s when gaming this can pin the cpu up at 100% in task manger

sionireland, Mar 29, 2020
  4. My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager

Task Manager High CPU Usage

I have the same problem myself with it only happens when I scroll through task manager and open and close it. I don't know this for sure but the reason this probably happens is that you may have a lot of processes running and task manager is using a lot
    of the CPU to process the usage of each program.

What I have done is disable data that I don't need to see like network usage and GPU usage and it drops the CPU usage a bit. I have also enabled everything and scrolled up and down on it and task manager uses almost twice as much.

I would suggest disabling everything but CPU, disk, and RAM, (I would not suggest having GPU on because it is almost always at 99% unless you have FPS limits).

Niogenesis, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager

1. My CPU usage is at 100 when opening Task Manager - Similar Threads - CPU usage 100

2. Task manager says CPU usage is at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager says CPU usage is at 100%: HELP!Task manager says my CPU is at 100% usage but dragon center says it is only at 2% what is going on and how can I fix it?I have a decently powerful CPURyzen 7 3800x so I don't know why I am having this problem. I have increased the Fan speed as seen in the screenshot...
  3. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened: Hi,I have a i9-9900k 32gb Windows Pro 21H2 19044.1586 desktop that randomly starts freezing up. As soon as I hit task manager, I can see the CPU is 100% for a second after opening, after which it goes down to normal levels and I can use my PC normally.I have searched for...
  4. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened: Hi,I have a i9-9900k 32gb Windows Pro 21H2 19044.1586 desktop that randomly starts freezing up. As soon as I hit task manager, I can see the CPU is 100% for a second after opening, after which it goes down to normal levels and I can use my PC normally.I have searched for...
  5. CPU Usage 100% until Task Manager is opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened: Recently, I have been seeing that my CPU temperature is extremely high 80C during idle or browsing internet and this changes when I open task manager to check what is using my CPU so much. As soon as i open task manager, my cpu usage goes down from 100% to 6-10%.I am familiar...
  7. CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened

CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened: Recently, I have been seeing that my CPU temperature is extremely high 80C during idle or browsing internet and this changes when I open task manager to check what is using my CPU so much. As soon as i open task manager, my cpu usage goes down from 100% to 6-10%.I am familiar...
  8. CPU and GPU usage at 100% until task manager is opened

9. Task Manager reporting 100% CPU Usage

Task Manager reporting 100% CPU Usage: So very recently my task manager has started reporting that my CPU has 100% usage all the time even when idle, Then it will drop to around 25% but shoot back up again way above what it actually is. However I know that this is not the case. This is because I have 3 other...
  10. CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.

CPU Usage 100%, Goes Down when opening task manager.: I have been having the problem of my CPU being at 100% usage when Opening task manager, But after 1 second or less it goes back down to regular levels. 8%-20%. I am on a laptop, My specs are; An i7-8750h, I have a 1050ti 4GB. I am running 12 gb's of ram. This problem occurs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu at 100 when i open task manager