Windows 10: my ctrl and shift keys dont work properly

Discus and support my ctrl and shift keys dont work properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, so when i press shift or ctrl both of the keys are being pressed for some reason i dont know why, its been bugging me almost for about a month i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bruhmoment6548, Mar 6, 2020.

1. my ctrl and shift keys dont work properly

hello, so when i press shift or ctrl both of the keys are being pressed for some reason i dont know why, its been bugging me almost for about a month i would really appreciate help

ps. its not sticky keys, those are off

:)

bruhmoment6548, Mar 6, 2020

2. CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Okay thanks. Didn't know that tool.
    It does list Ctrl+Shift+, 3 & 8. But it doesn't say what they're registered to. (And nothing seems to happen when I press them.)

The tool turns up a very short list, by the way, compared to the screenshots on that site. Just these three plus:
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+Delete
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+J (I know what this is from)
    Hot Key : Alt+Ctrl+K (Kindle)
    Hot Key : Alt+F4

franklekens, Mar 6, 2020
  3. shift and ctrl keys not working - windows 10

We can see here that you are having issues using the Shift and Ctrl keys on your keyboard. To isolate this concern, have you performed the following:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Choose Ease of Access.
    • Click on Change how your keyboard works.
    • Tick the box beside Turn on Sticky Keys.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Select OK.

If so, we suggest that you revert the computer back to its previous version. You can free up some space in your disk drive by backing up some files to an external hard drive.

Charianne Per, Mar 6, 2020
  4. my ctrl and shift keys dont work properly

Shift/ctrl key problem.

Hi Jovan,

The issue you're experiencing is probably due to incorrect settings. A Windows Ease of Access feature called
    Filter keys is an accessibility function that tells the keyboard to ignore repeated strokes. When this function is enabled, it ignores whatever key is pressed down or repeatedly pressed. To verify this, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access Center, click on Change how your keyboard works.
    • Under Make it easier to type, click on Set up Filter keys.
    • The Turn on Filter Keys should not be checked, as well as
      Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds

We also suggest that you play around with the features and check which one works best for you. If the issue persists, let us know.

Patricia Yu, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

my ctrl and shift keys dont work properly

1. my ctrl and shift keys dont work properly - Similar Threads - ctrl shift keys

2. Left shift key not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift key not working properly: I run Windows 11 dual booted with Ubuntu 20.04. Recently after switching back to windows I noticed that the left shift key only capitalizes a couple letters then stopped. It works fine in safe mode and I haven’t installed anything other than an update for Windows lately. Any...
  3. Left shift key not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left shift key not working properly: I run Windows 11 dual booted with Ubuntu 20.04. Recently after switching back to windows I noticed that the left shift key only capitalizes a couple letters then stopped. It works fine in safe mode and I haven’t installed anything other than an update for Windows lately. Any...
  4. CTRL Keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL Keys not working properly: Good day! I am currently using a LENOVO Ideapad Gaming 3 Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Around a week ago both of my CTRL keys stopped working properly. Steps that I have taken: 1. CTRL keys work properly on the On-Screen Keyboard, but it is far too inefficient to use...
  5. CTRL Keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTRL Keys not working properly: Good day! I am currently using a LENOVO Ideapad Gaming 3 Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Around a week ago both of my CTRL keys stopped working properly. Steps that I have taken: 1. CTRL keys work properly on the On-Screen Keyboard, but it is far too inefficient to use...
  6. CTRL Keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My left ctrl key is not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My left ctrl key is not working properly: I have a problem that has been following me from laptop to laptop. My left ctrl key stops working while I'm holding it and selecting a text or several files. Using the on-screen keyboard I can see this happening as I select files but if I don't select anything there's no...
  8. Left CTRL key not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Left CTRL key not working properly: Ever since I left the insiders build of windows (because I got sick of bugs and constant updates) and completely reinstalled windows to the latest stable version, the left control key won't work 100% of the time. The right one works just fine, and I've seen multiple threads...
  9. KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working): All the function keys are not working .It is happening since a month that laptop keyboard keys are not working.External keyboard when connected works good...
  10. ctrl key not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ctrl key not working properly: hi guys so the problem is everytime when I press my ctrl key it does weird things like writing numbers and symbols to opening microsoft edge to toggling zoom when I'm on desktop and that's when I only press the ctrl key. can you please help me solve this problem? thank...