Windows 10: My Ctrl + c is not copying

Discus and support My Ctrl + c is not copying in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After I updated to Windows 11, my ctrl + c is not copying anything I select but opening the Xbox game bar instead. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Echo, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Echo Win User

My Ctrl + c is not copying

After I updated to Windows 11, my ctrl + c is not copying anything I select but opening the Xbox game bar instead. What do I do?

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Dec 21, 2021
  3. Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V does not work in File Explorer on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Does Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V works?

• Is the issue is specific to photo or any other file/document as well?
    • Try copy /paste using mouse and check if the copy/past is working or any error message you received. Please let us know the status.
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

For now, I would recommend you to go to the below link on Cannot Drag or Copy and Paste File and try the steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/309662

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Step 2.

I also recommend you to create a new user account and check if you face same issue in new user account.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Click on Add button and create a new user account.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 21, 2021
  4. My Ctrl + c is not copying

copy and paste

Windows standard works in most places:

Select first item in a list (one click)

For contiguous list selection:

Hold the Shift key down, click on the last item in a list

For non-contiguous list selection:

Hold the Ctrl key down, click on each item you want to save

With selected items shown, simply hold the Ctrl key down and press the c key

These steps will save what you have selected to the Windows clipboard

You can then paste what is on the clipboard (not-selectively) in most places by simply placing the cursor where you want the copy to be, then hold down the Ctrl key and press v

Canadian Tech, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

My Ctrl + c is not copying

1. My Ctrl + c is not copying - Similar Threads - Ctrl copying

2. by worng i replaced ctrl+c job from copy to open a game center and i tried to change it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    by worng i replaced ctrl+c job from copy to open a game center and i tried to change it...: by worng i replaced ctrl+c job from copy to open a game center and i tried to change it from shortcuts in game center settings but it doesnt work what should i do?...
  3. by worng i replaced ctrl+c job from copy to open a game center and i tried to change it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    by worng i replaced ctrl+c job from copy to open a game center and i tried to change it...: by worng i replaced ctrl+c job from copy to open a game center and i tried to change it from shortcuts in game center settings but it doesnt work what should i do?...
  4. Why when I copy data and then ctrl v, it doesn't paste the data I just copied? Very frustrating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I copy data and then ctrl v, it doesn't paste the data I just copied? Very frustrating: Why when I copy data and then ctrl v, it doesn't paste the data I just copied? Very frustrating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-copy-data-and-then-ctrl-v-it-doesnt/f92700f3-969f-4bc7-96b1-0ac32de52cd4
  5. Why when I copy data and then ctrl v, it doesn't paste the data I just copied? Very frustrating

Why when I copy data and then ctrl v, it doesn't paste the data I just copied? Very frustrating: Why when I copy data and then ctrl v, it doesn't paste the data I just copied? Very frustrating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-copy-data-and-then-ctrl-v-it-doesnt/f92700f3-969f-4bc7-96b1-0ac32de52cd4
  6. Why when I copy data and then ctrl v, it doesn't paste the data I just copied? Very frustrating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.: cannot copy and paste using windows 11 on my HP laptop? ctrl + c and ctrl + v. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste-using-windows-11-ctrl-c-and/740cc9de-c593-4b55-ae2d-3edfc3d8d357
  8. cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.

cannot copy and paste using windows 11? ctrl +c and ctrl + v on laptop.: cannot copy and paste using windows 11 on my HP laptop? ctrl + c and ctrl + v. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-and-paste-using-windows-11-ctrl-c-and/740cc9de-c593-4b55-ae2d-3edfc3d8d357
  9. When I Push ctrl+c instead of copying text it opens Game Bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I Push ctrl+c instead of copying text it opens Game Bar.: I have already checked my shortcuts and nothing is for Ctrl+C. Also, whenever it opens up as a result of Ctrl+C it says Broadcasting is no longer supported. This makes me think that it was an old shortcut for broadcasting. I have also gone to settings and repaired the app and...
  10. When I Push ctrl+c instead of copying text it opens Game Bar.

When I Push ctrl+c instead of copying text it opens Game Bar.: I have already checked my shortcuts and nothing is for Ctrl+C. Also, whenever it opens up as a result of Ctrl+C it says Broadcasting is no longer supported. This makes me think that it was an old shortcut for broadcasting. I have also gone to settings and repaired the app and...