Windows 10: My CTRL key works, my D key works, but ctrl D does nothing.

Discus and support My CTRL key works, my D key works, but ctrl D does nothing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve seen this in multiple different games I play where trying to use crtl and d together doesn’t work. Every other hotkey works, it’s just ctrl and d.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A-Facebook-Account, Sep 13, 2020.

1. My CTRL key works, my D key works, but ctrl D does nothing.

I’ve seen this in multiple different games I play where trying to use crtl and d together doesn’t work. Every other hotkey works, it’s just ctrl and d. If you can find a solution please tell me.

submitted by /u/A-Facebook-Account
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A-Facebook-Account, Sep 13, 2020
  2. AmanJain1 Win User

Ctrl key not working

control key is not working with my punctuation keys . Although it is working when using other shortcuts like ctrl+D . also punctuation keys are working independently but not working with ctrl and shift. Also it isn't working on my on screen keyboard too.
    i dont know where the problem exists. please help !!

AmanJain1, Sep 13, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Ctrl key on German QWERTZ keyboard?

Just tried the STRG key and yes thats the Ctrl key! *Stick Out Tongue My CTRL key works, my D key works, but ctrl D does nothing. :p
    Did not try that before since I was not familiar with these keys.

Thanks!

P4-630, Sep 13, 2020
  4. My CTRL key works, my D key works, but ctrl D does nothing.

Windows key + Ctrl + D - can I delete this shortcut?

I am a court reporter, and one of the main editing functions in my reporting software is Ctrl + D. However, a lot of times I accidentally press the Windows key + Ctrl + D since the Windows key and Ctrl are right next to each other on my keyboard. But when
    this happens, it shuts my reporting software down. Then when I open it back up and go to the file I was working on, it gives me an error message saying it can't open the file in read-only mode or something similar to that. And the only way I can get back to
    that file is to restart my computer.

I understand the keyboard shortcut (Windows key + Ctrl + D) is a new one for Windows 10. Is there any way to delete this shortcut?

Thanks in advance!

stacy purcella, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

My CTRL key works, my D key works, but ctrl D does nothing.

1. My CTRL key works, my D key works, but ctrl D does nothing. - Similar Threads - CTRL key works

2. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  3. Ctrl D shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl D shortcut not working: Hello!Like a week ago Ctrl+D combination suddenly stopped working on my laptop Windows, Xiaomi RedmiBook pro 14s in my Google Sheets, then I noticed that the shortcut doesn't work either in Google Sheets, Miro, Google Meet, or Figma. Other shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+; etc....
  4. F5 and Ctrl D not working

F5 and Ctrl D not working: This is a super specific problem that I feel like something is wrong. Also all the other F keys are working. And F Lock is not on. But here is everything I have tried so far:Updated/ Reinstalled DriversTried another Keyboard, same thing happenedTurned off Sticky Keys, Game...
  5. F5 and Ctrl D not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F5 and Ctrl D not working: This is a super specific problem that I feel like something is wrong. Also all the other F keys are working. And F Lock is not on. But here is everything I have tried so far:Updated/ Reinstalled DriversTried another Keyboard, same thing happenedTurned off Sticky Keys, Game...
  6. Ctrl + D stopped working

Ctrl + D stopped working: In photoshop and Autodesk, both of which I use a LOT, the combination of Ctl+ D is vital. All of a sudden Ctl+ D just stopped working in both. I checked others, like Ctrl +S, etc., and they all worked fine, so I thought there was something wrong with my keyboard. I replaced...
  7. Ctrl + D stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl + D stopped working: In photoshop and Autodesk, both of which I use a LOT, the combination of Ctl+ D is vital. All of a sudden Ctl+ D just stopped working in both. I checked others, like Ctrl +S, etc., and they all worked fine, so I thought there was something wrong with my keyboard. I replaced...
  8. Ctrl + D stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. CTRL+D not working as usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTRL+D not working as usual: Shouldn't CTRL+D deselect files? i used it a lot but now it is deleting files on folders, bookmarking on chrome. That's strange because i used it just to deselect submitted by /u/saskekai [link] [comments]...
  10. Ctrl+ Windows key + D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl+ Windows key + D: Necesito desactivar el atajo de Ctrl+ Windows Key + D ya que es muy molesto a la hora de jugar por lo que vi recomendaban la alplicacion autohotkey para hacerlo pero nose como se usa y necesito cuanto antes desinstalar este atajo de teclado...