Windows 10: My cursor constantly bounces around in the corner

Discus and support My cursor constantly bounces around in the corner in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, first post here. This problem is driving me so berserk *Banghead that I had to create an account just to ask about it. So as soon as I get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ShukaHusk, Sep 24, 2019.

1. ShukaHusk Win User

My cursor constantly bounces around in the corner

Hello, first post here. This problem is driving me so berserk *Banghead that I had to create an account just to ask about it.

So as soon as I get to the lock screen, my cursor starts spazzing out in the lower-left corner of my screen with a weird pointer, it looks sort of like a four-point star; it zips around in a 1x1/2 inch area. Usually, it stops after about 10 minutes, but recently it started doing it perpetually, except only on certain sites. For example, on Google Docs, it goes absolutely crazy and I can only control it for seconds at a time, so I have to click really fast, but on acolytefight.io (which by the way is a really cool 2D spellcasting arena battle game, you should really try it) it works fine. At least my cursor knows what's important!*Wink

Still, it makes me quite literally scream at my computer. I have tried deleting, reinstalling and updating devices and drivers for the touchpad and nonexistent mouse (I rarely use my USB mouse, but a mouse still shows up in the list of devices), disabling the touchpad with FnF9, and disabling enhanced pointer precision, which worked for a while then failed.

PLEASE HELP. I NEED TO GRIND MINECRAFT MINIGAME WINS GET WORK DONE AND THIS IS A HUGE IMPEDIMENT. I HAVE TO HAVE THIS RESOLVED.

:)

ShukaHusk, Sep 24, 2019
  2. ShukaHusk Win User

Hello, first post here. This problem is driving me so berserk *Banghead that I had to create an account just to ask about it.

So as soon as I get to the lock screen, my cursor starts spazzing out in the lower-left corner of my screen with a weird pointer, it looks sort of like a four-point star; it zips around in a 1x1/2 inch area. Usually, it stops after about 10 minutes, but recently it started doing it perpetually, except only on certain sites. For example, on Google Docs, it goes absolutely crazy and I can only control it for seconds at a time, so I have to click really fast, but on acolytefight.io (which by the way is a really cool 2D spellcasting arena battle game, you should really try it) it works fine. At least my cursor knows what's important!*Wink

Still, it makes me quite literally scream at my computer. I have tried deleting, reinstalling and updating devices and drivers for the touchpad and nonexistent mouse (I rarely use my USB mouse, but a mouse still shows up in the list of devices), disabling the touchpad with FnF9, and disabling enhanced pointer precision, which worked for a while then failed.

PLEASE HELP. I NEED TO GRIND MINECRAFT MINIGAME WINS GET WORK DONE AND THIS IS A HUGE IMPEDIMENT. I HAVE TO HAVE THIS RESOLVED.

ShukaHusk, Sep 24, 2019
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Sep 24, 2019
  4. My cursor constantly bounces around in the corner

Bouncing Cursor

About 3 builds ago, my cursor started bouncing around my screen. I will start typing - and after just one or two characters, the focus will transfer to a bubble somewhere else on the screen.

When it first started, I did a lot of research and found the only solution that anyone had found that worked was deleting the touch screen driver. So - despite not being able to use my touch screen, that's what I did. Sooner or later, the driver is reinstalled
    - and I have to do it again. It's annoying - but at least I can use my computer.

Now --- after the most recent upgrade, as usual, my pc rebooted. Now --- the loss of focus is present on the login screen. Even though I have to type only 4 characters for my PIN - the focus won't stay in that window long enough to get logged in. I
    can't even get it to safe mode because when I get to the screen where I need to make a choice - such as 'continue in safe mode' - the focus bounces to 'boot normally' (or whatever that screen says).

Obviously, the 'fix' I've been using isn't a permanent fix ----- but now I can't use that fix!!!

Any ideas would be great!!! I'd like to use my desktop again!

Melissa Barthold

Melissa 33033, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. My cursor constantly bounces around in the corner - Similar Threads - cursor constantly bounces

2. Website page bounces around when deleting on the virtual keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Website page bounces around when deleting on the virtual keyboard: So Im a %90 virtual keyboard user, half of my touch screen is just smuggled at the end of the day but this is so annoying: Every time I try to delete triggers a up down bug. I'm using edge by the way but it happens on other browsers as well. Is there a fix for this?...
  3. Windows cursor flickering and bouncing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cursor flickering and bouncing.: The selective cursor in the windows settings is flickering. I doesn't flicker on any other application outside of Windows stuff. I tried updating and it didn't work....
  4. Windows cursor flickering and bouncing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cursor flickering and bouncing.: The selective cursor in the windows settings is flickering. I doesn't flicker on any other application outside of Windows stuff. I tried updating and it didn't work....
  5. Windows cursor flickering and bouncing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My computer is dying and upgrade is just around the corner

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer is dying and upgrade is just around the corner: Hi and as the subject states, my personal computer is dying and its either the MB or chip. I bought the computer as a new build 5 years ago and was charged for a Windows 10 home key which was £100 at the time, my Question is once my new computer is built my old NOW computer...
  7. Flashing ghostly bubbles around the perimeter of the screen,& mouse,& cursor bounce around...

Flashing ghostly bubbles around the perimeter of the screen,& mouse,& cursor bounce around...: Flashing ghostly bubbles around the perimeter of the screen,& mouse,& cursor bounce around sense having Windows 10. Can you change from Windows 10 to Windows 7. When having Windows 7 I didn't have this problem. Windows 10 SUCKS...
  8. Flashing ghostly bubbles around the perimeter of the screen,& mouse,& cursor bounce around...

Flashing ghostly bubbles around the perimeter of the screen,& mouse,& cursor bounce around...: Flashing ghostly bubbles around the perimeter of the screen,& mouse,& cursor bounce around sense having Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-ghostly-bubbles-around-the-perimeter-of/877df411-77b8-47be-b1f2-46eba1dfbfd6
  9. screen bouncing around

screen bouncing around: Just in the last few days, my screen and keyboard seems to have a mind of its own. My screen will bounce off, then on, then off the internet completely. I can be on a secured site (banking) and the screen will disappear and I'm looking at my MSNBC screen. There doesn't...
  10. why does my zoom feature keep bouncing all around

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my zoom feature keep bouncing all around: why does my zoom feature keep bouncing all around it will get big then get very small https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-zoom-feature-keep-bouncing-all-around/b4e04eee-6f48-45f3-80db-421c19a14eb2