Windows 10: My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it

Discus and support My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cursor problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex Gooch, May 27, 2023.

1. My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it

Cursor problems

:)

Alex Gooch, May 27, 2023

2. Cursor turning invisible without warning

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists if the cursor is not changed and using the default mouse cursor for both gaming and accessing the computer. If the issue still persists, follow the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices/touchpad.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and click on uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 27, 2023
  3. Lindsay S Win User
    Invisible Cursor

My touchpad and my wireless mouse are both working. The problem is that the cursor is invisible. When i hit the control button, it shows me where the cursor is with a circle. When i move my mouse around it will highlight whatever it is hovering over so long
    as its selectable. I can even click what I'm hovering over, but i have no arrow! I've tried updating my drivers and playing with the advanced mouse settings. What am i not thinking of!?!

Windows 10

I didnt upgrade from 8.

Asus laptop.

Touchpad is enabled.

The cursor works in every way its supposed to except visibility.

Restarting didnt help.

started when i brought the laptop out of sleep mode.

Lindsay S, May 27, 2023
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it

Invisible Cursor

Hi Lindsay,

The changes that you noticed from the cursor can be found in Mouse Properties.

To check the settings, please follow these steps:

• Type "mouse"on the search box.
    • Select Mouse & touchpad settings on the result, then click
      Additional mouse options.
    • Click Pointer Options tab.
    • Uncheck the tick box under Snap To and
      Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key
      under Visibilty.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, May 27, 2023
Thema:

My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it

1. My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it - Similar Threads - cursor invisible TouchPad

2. invisible cursor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    invisible cursor.: Hey, I have a question incase someone knows. Whenever I have downloaded games like GTA, Valorant, or any steam game, my cursor is not showing at all. I came far enough to reset my computer and its settings and its not working, my cursor still wont show, but works in roblox...
  3. why is my cursor invisible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my cursor invisible?: I can't sign-in, because my cursor is invisible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cursor-invisible/d9806262-b896-44ae-83d1-b336e8f5bc84
  4. why is my cursor invisible?

why is my cursor invisible?: I can't sign-in, because my cursor is invisible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cursor-invisible/d9806262-b896-44ae-83d1-b336e8f5bc84
  5. why is my cursor invisible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it: Cursor problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-is-invisible-and-my-touchpad-wont-move/a7590abe-f066-4e28-8685-4410afed6efb
  7. My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it

My cursor is invisible and my TouchPad won't move it: Cursor problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-is-invisible-and-my-touchpad-wont-move/a7590abe-f066-4e28-8685-4410afed6efb
  8. Cursor won't move?

Cursor won't move?: So I recently updated my laptop HP, win10 and haven't used it until tonight, and I discovered that synaptics isn't installed properly or isn't running and looks like a blank file on the thumbnail. I try to double click it with my usb mouse and I get "there was a problem...
  9. Touchpad isn't moving my cursor in the correct directions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad isn't moving my cursor in the correct directions: I was reading a book on my laptop and found the words were too small to read at a comfortable distance, so I put my laptop into flipped portrait mode which solved to problem. All of a sudden, my touchpad seemed to be working in relation to the new orientation of my screen (in...
  10. cursor moved itself on touchpad

cursor moved itself on touchpad: My laptope model is Asus A45vd. After i installed windows 10, when i used my touchpad, the cursor was moving itself without me moved my finger on the touchpad. May i know what is going on? May i know how can i solve this issue as this has been irrating me for several days?...