Windows 10: My cursor is jumping around when I try to type in Word

Discus and support My cursor is jumping around when I try to type in Word in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to type in Word my cursor is blinking as I type. When I move my hands completely away from my computer, the cursor continues to move on its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristineQueiroz, Nov 20, 2020.

1. My cursor is jumping around when I try to type in Word

When I try to type in Word my cursor is blinking as I type. When I move my hands completely away from my computer, the cursor continues to move on its own.

:)

ChristineQueiroz, Nov 20, 2020

2. Cursor jumps around

Hi,

My cursor jumps around and is causing all kinds of typing errors in Word, Web apps (i.e., Facebook) and desktop apps (i.e., Evernote). Here's an example:

It's driving me cray ! No, I did not intentionaly mispell these words. y cursor did it for me. Mslz

Do you notice all the mis-spelled words? I typed it perfectly and Windows did the rest. Whenever I type the letter "y", my cursor jumps back a space (before the 'y'). It pushes the letter before the y to the end of my typing. Do you notice the "Mslz" at
    the end?

• The 'z' is from cra(z)y
    • The 'l' is from intentional(l)y
    • The 's' is from mis(s)pell
    • The 'M' is from (M)y

Sometimes the cursor jumps to the next line and elsewhere on the page. This example above is just one instance and it's driving me insane! Can someone please help?

MarkSeward617, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Mouse cursor keeps jumping while typing on word in Windows 10

my cursor keeps on jumping when I am typing. In the middle of a word it jumps back in the middle of a previous sentence. Can you help?

Original title: CURSUR JUMPING

SharonLooper, Nov 20, 2020
  4. My cursor is jumping around when I try to type in Word

when typing cursor jumps back

Also if your issue persist I suggest try to review this post about "Cursor jumps or moves randomly while typing in Windows":

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cursor-jumps-mov...

Let me know how was.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

My cursor is jumping around when I try to type in Word

1. My cursor is jumping around when I try to type in Word - Similar Threads - cursor jumping around

2. Mouse cursor jumps around when I'm trying to write.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor jumps around when I'm trying to write.: My cursor is constantly jumping around when am trying to write making me have to watch very carefully where my cursor is. How can I prevent the cursor from jumping around on the page??...
  3. cursor randomly jumps around screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor randomly jumps around screen: Hi. I am running Windows 10 subscription. I have a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse. Over the last week or so my cursor started jumping around on my screen. At first it constantly seemed to jump to the left bottom corner. I thought it was the mouse and went through all sorts of...
  4. My cursor keeps jumping around and it's a circle.

My cursor keeps jumping around and it's a circle.: I reported this before but I lost the way to shut down this action. It was working find, then all of a sudden it started up again. It's been at least six months since it acted this way. It moves from an arrow to a circle and I can't control it....
  5. Mouse cursor jumps around the screen.

Mouse cursor jumps around the screen.: This mouse error started on January 4th, I bought this HP laptop and first used it on December 17th, 2019. There were no cursor problems at all between December 17th and January 3rd, so, I am fairly certain that this problem was the result of using the internet and...
  6. Cursor freezes and/or jumps around erratically

Cursor freezes and/or jumps around erratically: Ever since I downloaded the most recent Microsoft upgrade in Sept or Oct 2019, my cursor using my touchpad freezes all the time and/or jumps around closing tabs and opening tabs. I have tried every "fix" suggestion online that I could find but nothing has helped. Please...
  7. Cursor jumps around randomly

Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...
  8. when typing cursor jumps back

in Windows 10 Customization
    when typing cursor jumps back: when I am ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-typing-cursor-jumps-back/9231d879-dc7b-499e-9de2-10b7d5c46767
  9. Cursor Jumping around after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cursor Jumping around after an update: After an update on my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 device my cursor is jumping around. Has anyone experienced this and got a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-jumping-around-after-an-update/0e3a0a11-8583-40e8-9918-a8ce6cd96fc2
  10. my cursor jumps when typing in windows 10

my cursor jumps when typing in windows 10: Help, My cursor jumps backwards while typing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-jumps-when-typing-in-windows-10/53cb0f61-b1d8-4fc6-9a44-89234fb1aa12