Windows 10: My cursor is stuck in select mode.

Discus and support My cursor is stuck in select mode. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Anywhere I move the cursor, with the mouse or keypad, selects or highlights the text for action. This get mysteriously turned on by some random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RickHarpel, May 15, 2020.

1. My cursor is stuck in select mode.

Anywhere I move the cursor, with the mouse or keypad, selects or highlights the text for action. This get mysteriously turned on by some random keystrokes and I cannot turn it off, not even restarting. I have an HP envy.

:)

RickHarpel, May 15, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, May 15, 2020
  3. Plane mode stuck

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing
    with windows 10, I will certainly help you.

Please share these details.

• Are you referring to Airplane mode by plane mode?

• Have you made any changes to computer settings prior to this issue?

Try these steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to refer the below link and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues.

We’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 15, 2020
  4. My cursor is stuck in select mode.

Computer got stuck on Safe Mode

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As your computer is stuck in Safe Mode, try these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and in the run Window type
      msconfig.
    • Click the Boot tab and uncheck Safe boot if it is selected.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, May 15, 2020
Thema:

My cursor is stuck in select mode.

1. My cursor is stuck in select mode. - Similar Threads - cursor stuck select

2. Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?: Hey.I've been making cursors for a living since 2015. However, since I used Windows 10 at one point in 2019, I notice two extra cursor roles, named Location Select , and Person Select . I know the purpose of all other cursor roles, but what are the purpose of these two extra...
  3. Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?: Hey.I've been making cursors for a living since 2015. However, since I used Windows 10 at one point in 2019, I notice two extra cursor roles, named Location Select , and Person Select . I know the purpose of all other cursor roles, but what are the purpose of these two extra...
  4. Purpose of Location Select and Person Select cursors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse cursor selection box

mouse cursor selection box: HelloIt's been a few weeks my mouse cursor selection box In the form of the photo below Can you help me get back to normal?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-selection-box/56383ae0-6644-44fe-845c-8ff48db90233
  6. Windows 10 stuck in Selective Startup mode in MSCONFIG

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck in Selective Startup mode in MSCONFIG: System Configuration Utility, popularly known as MSCONFIG, allows you to configure the startup behavior of Windows. It allows users to troubleshoot the load time, stability, and performance problems. It has been reported that Windows 10 gets stuck in Selective Startup, which...
  7. Why is my cursor stuck?

Why is my cursor stuck?: Every time I click on the text, it looks like I can edit it, like in Microsoft Word, but when I try to press backspace, nothing happens. I didn't use Microsoft Word, and it's only text - when I hover over it it's the standard ɪ icon, but when I click on it it's a blinking l....
  8. Cursor Selecting Edge of Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Selecting Edge of Windows: In the Win 10 that runs on my work PC, the cursor behavior to select the edge of a window in order to resize it with mouse is driving me nuts and I cannot figure out what setting to reconfigure to change the behavior. The expected behavior is that when moving mouse to edge...
  9. Cursor selecting taskbar as if it was text

Cursor selecting taskbar as if it was text: Hello, I have encountered a strange problem. When I move to the taskbar, the cursor was an I-beam! This was caused by program crashes. Can you give me a solution to fix it?...
  10. Cursor selecting everything on the page

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor selecting everything on the page: I have an Acer ES1-512 with a cursor that won't stop selecting everything on the screen. This is making the computer unusable. So far I have - reinstalled Windows, tested three different mouses, tested mouses with the trackpad disabled, turned off all accessibility...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows select mode