Windows 10: My cursor just freezes, and the PC just stops working altogether

Discus and support My cursor just freezes, and the PC just stops working altogether in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From time to time, when I leave my computer for a while, and when I get back, the cursor is just stuck. When I move the mouse nothing happens. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by micmic, Feb 9, 2021.

1. micmic Win User

My cursor just freezes, and the PC just stops working altogether

From time to time, when I leave my computer for a while, and when I get back, the cursor is just stuck. When I move the mouse nothing happens. Any keyboard combo I try just doesn't work. It just froze. This happens every day. I can work on my computer for an hour or two, but then it stops. Only thing I can do is press the power button for > 5 seconds.

I was looking in my Event Viewer - System but I can't make much of it:

The server {B91D5831-B1BD-4608-8198-D72E155020F7} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The Update Orchestrator Service service hung on starting.

The Downloaded Maps Manager service hung on starting.

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI.AppXynb3eakad12451rv0 0qxextfnce9sxb8.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "2147942667"
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe" -ServerName:CortanaUI.AppXa50dqqa5gqv4a428c9y1jjw7m3btvepj.mca

Any ideas?

:)

micmic, Feb 9, 2021

2. Cursor freezes

I changed the appearance of the cursor in windows 10. Since then the cursor freezes after 3-4 seconds of inactivity. I have to click either of the two buttons to unlock it. How get it to stop freezing?

WalterJuneau, Feb 9, 2021
  3. caz rae Win User
    My cursor freezes when I'm typing.

Have windows 10, new pc (HP envy). Browser Google Chrome.

It doesn't seem to matter if it online, or on word, but my cursor seems to freeze at times when I'm typing, and if I don't keep watching very carefully it either stops typing altogether or alternatively it misses words that I've typed. Why is this happening
    and how do I either 'cure' it from occuring, it driving me nuts. Has only just started to happen recently.

Caz

caz rae, Feb 9, 2021
  4. LexGrant Win User

Intermittent Freezing linked to Cursor movement

Hi,

The cursor on my laptop freezes every few seconds when I move it. This happens with both my bluetooth mouse and my inbuilt touchpad. I know the laptop is freezing and not just the cursor because if I run an app with a progress bar it also freezes at the same time as the cursor. The freezing only seems to happen when I move the cursor.

The freezing is just momentary (like it pauses for a second and then goes on as normal). I do not have to do anything to get it to unfreeze.

I have tried re-installing the drivers for mouse and touch pad.

I have defragged and cleaned up the HD.

I have tried doing a system restore but just get an error (I only have 1 restore point because I stupidly deleted them to create space I didnt need in case it was a space issue).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

LexGrant, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. My cursor just freezes, and the PC just stops working altogether - Similar Threads - cursor freezes stops

2. My internet just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet just stopped working: I'm using an Dell G15 and basically my internet just stopped working along with airplane mode and battery saver being disabled for no reason. Not sure what to do, all of my other devices are fine in my house. I'm guessing that my wireless connection was disabled or something....
  3. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  4. Just Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just Stopped Working: After using them with no problems, my wireless printers and wireless plugs are suddenly no longer working from any phone or desktop or laptop. Wondering what happened and how I fix it. Thanks....
  5. My pc is just randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is just randomly freezing: So for more than 6 months now i have this problem that while i game or my pc is idle it will just randomly freeze all my pc cant hear sound cant click cant anything only forse close the system. Even when i start my pc again there is a small chance it will freeze on boot. I...
  6. My pc is just randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is just randomly freezing: So for more than 6 months now i have this problem that while i game or my pc is idle it will just randomly freeze all my pc cant hear sound cant click cant anything only forse close the system. Even when i start my pc again there is a small chance it will freeze on boot. I...
  7. My games just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games just stopped working: I have no clue what to do anymore I have exhausted my knowledge which probably isn't much, but I up until a week ago I was able to play any game on my PC I wanted mostly a bit of Warzone and Civilization VI. Warzone did freeze up quite often which later after doing some...
  8. My audio just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio just stopped working.: Two days ago my laptop had a few issues, and on that account I got it fixed by a very well rated IT technician. He brought it back to me and when I opened it today, I saw that it was displaying a red cross on the audio icon. I entered the trouble shooting and it says that one...
  9. My PC just hangs and then freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC just hangs and then freezes: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎31/‎08/‎2019 02:06 Status Report sent Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 193 Parameter 1: 810 Parameter 2: 0 Parameter...
  10. Why is my PC just freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my PC just freezing?: Good Day, My PC is just freezing , even if I am busy working on it and then I have to restart it to proceed working on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-just-freezing/2bbecf83-4b95-4d37-8fc3-91a092e04e1e