Windows 10: My cursor keeps clicking everything

Discus and support My cursor keeps clicking everything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As mentioned, my cursor clicks and opens files and folders, closes my tabs, goes to different links.My touch pad doesn't even work and I've been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [Evelyn], Aug 2, 2021.

1. [Evelyn] Win User

My cursor keeps clicking everything

As mentioned, my cursor clicks and opens files and folders, closes my tabs, goes to different links.My touch pad doesn't even work and I've been using a mouse.I tried even taking off the mouse, and even replacing it with another mouse, but it's not the mouse's fault. Even now it keeps selecting this passage, making it very hard to type.

:)

[Evelyn], Aug 2, 2021

2. Click and drag keeps speeding up on touchpad

Hi,

Do you face this issue while moving the mouse cursor normally on the desktop screen?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to slow down the mouse cursor speed.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on mouse.
    • under pointers options tab adjust the pointer speed, click
      a
      pply and ok

let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 2, 2021
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Aug 2, 2021
  4. My cursor keeps clicking everything

Issues with the cursor on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the cursor on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the cursor settings prior to this issue?

Follow these steps to make changes to the mouse pointer settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Devices and click on Mouse and Touchpad.

If need be then you may also click on additional mouse options to make necessary changes.

Once this is done close all windows and restart the computer to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

My cursor keeps clicking everything

1. My cursor keeps clicking everything - Similar Threads - cursor keeps clicking

2. Why is my cursor treating everything as typable on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my cursor treating everything as typable on?: My cursor, whenever I click something random, like let's say an image, treats it as if I can type on it, with the blinking cursor appearing, even if I cannot. I am using Google Chrome, I have not tried anything because I have no idea what to do, please help me. *I *I tried to...
  3. Why is my cursor treating everything as typable on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my cursor treating everything as typable on?: My cursor, whenever I click something random, like let's say an image, treats it as if I can type on it, with the blinking cursor appearing, even if I cannot. I am using Google Chrome, I have not tried anything because I have no idea what to do, please help me. *I *I tried to...
  4. Else my cursor everything starts lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Else my cursor everything starts lagging: This is a problem that started 1-2 weeks ago, suddenly the screen starts lagging very hard but my cursor is still movable and doesn't lag even if I click on a tabto which the screen doesn't switch and press the play pause button I can clearly hear the sound of the video but...
  5. Else my cursor everything starts lagging

Else my cursor everything starts lagging: This is a problem that started 1-2 weeks ago, suddenly the screen starts lagging very hard but my cursor is still movable and doesn't lag even if I click on a tabto which the screen doesn't switch and press the play pause button I can clearly hear the sound of the video but...
  6. My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.: The cursor keeps clicking things by itself and jumping around the screen. I can't even type because it clicks something else before I can do anything, I can't even get a screen recording of this without the clicking interrupting me. I can't even write this question. It opens...
  7. My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.

My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.: The cursor keeps clicking things by itself and jumping around the screen. I can't even type because it clicks something else before I can do anything, I can't even get a screen recording of this without the clicking interrupting me. I can't even write this question. It opens...
  8. My cursor keeps clicking things on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. My cursor is jerking and not clicking

in Cortana
    My cursor is jerking and not clicking: My cursor gets stuck and then it does not go smoothly and it's jerking every now and then. And I can't click anything either. Please help me I really need help fast...
  10. Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Text Box around everything my cursor clicks on: I have a black text box surround anything I click my cursor on and sometimes just when I hover with my cursor. This started suddenly. I have turned off the magnifier and turned off narrator. Any suggestions? [ATTACH] [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH]...