Windows 10: My cursor keeps disappearing

Discus and support My cursor keeps disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's more complicated than that. I have a laptop with an external monitor, the laptop goes into Extended Project once in a while on its own and I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Mar 22, 2018.

1. rboppy Win User

My cursor keeps disappearing

It's more complicated than that. I have a laptop with an external monitor, the laptop goes into Extended Project once in a while on its own and I'll "loose" my cursor over there. I also have an Ubuntu computer that I have set up using a program called Synergy that allows me to use the mouse and keyboard from my Windows computer to control the Ubuntu and I sometimes "loose" my cursor over there (that monitor is only on when I'm using it and the laptop is always closed unless I'm using the extended project).

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve the cursor when it gets lost like that?

:)

rboppy, Mar 22, 2018

2. Dissapearing vertical scroll bar on IE11

That is a lie. I have Edge and the scroll bar keeps disappearing. As long as I am not actively moving the cursor it disappears. It disappears evne when the cursor is right on the top or bottom arrow of the scroll bar, and disappears very quickly. Very
    annoying.

williammcdonaldmc, Mar 22, 2018
  3. Cursor keeps disappearing

original title: Curser

I keep loosing my curser on my laptop for no apparent reason and the only way I have found to get it back is to restart the computer which is a pain in the ****. I am hoping you folks can help me fix. Thank for any help.

Al Ashton

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AllanAshton, Mar 22, 2018
  4. My cursor keeps disappearing

Where is Synergy installed to? One of the bugs in Synergy 2 is that sometimes when a computer is disconnected, the mouse and keyboard can be locked to one machine. Often times this is where original Synergy 2 was first installed and configured.

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 23, 2018
  5. rboppy Win User
    Synergy's not the problem, in fact I uninstalled Synergy 2 from both computers and reinstalled Synergy 1.8.8, there was some locking issues with the Ubuntu computer. My problem is that I will inadvertantly move the mouse off my desktop without realizing it, then I have a tough time finding it. I just want to get it back with a hot key or something.

rboppy, Mar 23, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    In Control Panel/Settings and Mouse you can make a setting that pressing the Ctrl key will point out where the cursor is. I prefer the Pointer to be Windows Extra Large Black, easier to see on LCD panels. Sometimes enabling the Trails helps. On the same panel the Hide while typing can be changed. Also of note is when moving the cursor to the extreme right end of the Taskbar hits the Peek or Show Desktop feature, it can be turned off

Berton, Mar 23, 2018
  7. rboppy Win User
    Thanks Berton, Ctrl doesn't work, when it's on Ubuntu it shows as the middle of the Windows desktop, when it's on the laptop screen it shows where it is on the laptop, not much help with the lid closed. But enlarging the cursor may make it easier ti find it, I turn on Trails too. Onlt time will tell how much it helps, thanks again.

rboppy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

My cursor keeps disappearing

1. My cursor keeps disappearing - Similar Threads - cursor keeps disappearing

2. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor keeps disappearing if it isn't moving constantly.: i have tried uninstalling drivers and restarting to let windows reinstall them, i have tried updating drivers manually nothing is working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-cursor-keeps-disappearing-if-it-isnt/35fca579-5a92-4716-8fcb-718ba2ade923
  3. My cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My cursor disappeared: Hi. Out of the blue, my cursor disappeared and it has not yet returned. I have tried fn+f9 and to restart the computer. How do I fix this? I have an asus and windows 10....
  4. Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on: If I leave my pc for about 10 minutes, the mouse cursor will disappear and disconnect, however my mouse lights up when it's connected to a USB port and the light stays on, light goes off when I take it out of the USB port. I bought my keyboard and mouse in a set and the...
  5. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?: So a few weeks ago, I got this nice laptop. Runs great, and is overall a fine piece of machinery. The only downside after 3-4 days, my mouse cursor, while I'm asleep, just stops showing up. I do have a screensaver on, but usually when this happens, it doesn't show up either....
  6. My cursor disappeared.

My cursor disappeared.: I can no longer see my cursor. I have a touch pad and touch screen. Both are working but I can't find my cursor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-disappeared/f41a5e43-993f-4597-967c-656f9f249f87
  7. My cursor keeps disappearing

My cursor keeps disappearing: My cursor keeps disappearing, hitting Ctrl shows a circle where it should be but it doesn't show or work. I have to do a cold reboot to get it back, sometimes twice....
  8. my cursor disappears frequently

my cursor disappears frequently: cursor disappears after coming out of sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-disappears-frequently/40730d10-00e5-4285-9cad-72db9210b0d2
  9. My cursor keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor keeps disappearing: So I use a custom cursor on my laptop but every time I use my touchscreen it disappears. I'm able to use it but I just can't see it. The only way I know how to fix it is to go back to my mouse settings and change it back to the custom. I've been looking up how to fix the...
  10. My Cursor Disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Cursor Disappears: I have been having issues with my cursor disappearing. If I re-boot ,I get it back then gone again. Also opening a page is slow and sometimes freezes. I found mouse settings, although I use a touch pad on my dell laptop. There are no places that shows update. this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why am i loosing my arrow when i am opening my mail

2. cursor keeps disappearing when using keyboard