Windows 10: My cursor lags for 3-5 seconds when my computer starts.

Discus and support My cursor lags for 3-5 seconds when my computer starts. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I bought a new laptop, which is running in it's latest windows version. Every time I open my windows my cursor lags for a few seconds. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HillaryJude, Sep 11, 2020.

1. My cursor lags for 3-5 seconds when my computer starts.

Recently I bought a new laptop, which is running in it's latest windows version. Every time I open my windows my cursor lags for a few seconds. When I try to move it, the cursor sometimes freezes for 5 seconds and comes back to its normal mode. Then I uninstalled my antivirus software which is running in the background, again it is showing the same problem. So there is no problem with the antivirus. I often check my taskbar too, there is no problem with disk or ram or memory, it is running less than 50 percent only.

I am using a wireless mouse, I even started my windows without connecting it and again it shows the same problem. i dont know what to do.

:)

HillaryJude, Sep 11, 2020
  2. EShirou Win User

Windows 10 Star Menu tile lag - misplaced cursor for a few seconds

I am expieriencing a wierd start menu lag (for now im on the old start menu, i dunno if it appears on the fullscreen one because I haven't tested yet) and I want to ask if it's normal and/or how to fix it

Let's say I have for example two tiles pinned to my start menu in this order from top to bottom in one line:
    1. Documents
    2. Downloads
    3. Games
    I am a person who selects everything in a blink of an eye so in one seconds, right after i click on start button I already have my mouse cursor on the tile I want to click and click it to open the thing I want to open, takes me 1 maybe 1,5 second to do this task. There is an issue with start menu in w10 over here. There is some weird lag or cursor alligement issue for about 1-2 seconds after you open start menu. When you hover over for example Downloads tile, and your mouse cursor is exactly at the downloads tile, instead one tile above the tile you are hovering is hovered and if i press it that tile will open. So if i hover over Downloads, Documents will hover, and if I click, it will open documents. If I hover over Games tile, it will hover Downloads and if I quickly click like i do usually, it will open Downloads folder instead :/ The only workaround for this is to either not move my mouse cursor and wait 5-10 seconds for the cursor placement to hover over the right thing (so when im hovering over Games, it will hover over games after those 5 seconds) or if I am constantly moving my mouse cursor around Games tile, then it will hover over that tile 2 seconds later after my mouse cursor has landed on that tile so I can finally click on it and open what I wanted:/ It is happening every time I open the start menu: Press start button > Hover over tile I want to open > need to move my mouse curcor around that tile for 1,5 ~ 2 seconds, or not move my cursor and wait 5 seconds for windows to actually select that tile > then I can click it, start menu will close, my thing will open > after I need to use start menu again I have to go through the same thing again...

Is it a common thing? Do you have the same issue? Did MS messed up something and the menu start has some weird delay/lag? Is there a fix?

EDIT: I made a video presenting the issue, available over here ->

EShirou, Sep 11, 2020
  3. cursor lags

plz help when i was moving my cursor the with touchpad or a additional mouse .the cursor lag for couple of seconds or when i was playing a video in my system or in youtube. the cursor is lag and a video isalso lag for second plz help

nishantsingh8, Sep 11, 2020
  4. My cursor lags for 3-5 seconds when my computer starts.

5 second lags on Windows 10

I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 3459 i5 processor with Windows 10. The computer works fine for about 30-60 minutes, then begins to lag for about 5-10 seconds every 3 to four minutes. For example, when I am typing, the computer will stall and I will not be
    able to type for a few seconds, then the computer will come back, often with what I typed while in suspension appearing on the screen. I have done all of the troubleshooting and no errors have been found. Same happens while using the internet with EDGE. The
    screen will hang with the circle then come back in a few seconds.

While not a big problem it is particularly annoying. I can reboot, and have another 30-60 minutes on no lagging, but after spending so much on a new computer, this should not be happening. I would welcome any suggestions as to what the problem might be and
    how I can fix it.

Thank you very much for any responses.

RickOMeara, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

My cursor lags for 3-5 seconds when my computer starts.

1. My cursor lags for 3-5 seconds when my computer starts. - Similar Threads - cursor lags seconds

2. Else my cursor everything starts lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Else my cursor everything starts lagging: This is a problem that started 1-2 weeks ago, suddenly the screen starts lagging very hard but my cursor is still movable and doesn't lag even if I click on a tabto which the screen doesn't switch and press the play pause button I can clearly hear the sound of the video but...
  3. Else my cursor everything starts lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Else my cursor everything starts lagging: This is a problem that started 1-2 weeks ago, suddenly the screen starts lagging very hard but my cursor is still movable and doesn't lag even if I click on a tabto which the screen doesn't switch and press the play pause button I can clearly hear the sound of the video but...
  4. The sound will lag behind 3-5 seconds. Win 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sound will lag behind 3-5 seconds. Win 11.: Hi all. I ran into such a problem. On my laptop huawei matebook 16 the sound started to slow down. At some point, for example, when opening a video, the sound will lag behind by 3-5 seconds. That is, I see what they are saying, but I hear the sound after 5 seconds....
  5. The sound will lag behind 3-5 seconds. Win 11.

The sound will lag behind 3-5 seconds. Win 11.: Hi all. I ran into such a problem. On my laptop huawei matebook 16 the sound started to slow down. At some point, for example, when opening a video, the sound will lag behind by 3-5 seconds. That is, I see what they are saying, but I hear the sound after 5 seconds....
  6. My Cursor is Lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Cursor is Lagging: Whenever I move my mouse, randomly itll freeze for about 10ms and then keep working as intended.I have tried:Unplugging and Replugging my Mouse inA different MouseRestarting My PC as this has been going on for daysUpdating Drivers There werent any availableUninstalling the...
  7. My Cursor is Lagging

My Cursor is Lagging: Whenever I move my mouse, randomly itll freeze for about 10ms and then keep working as intended.I have tried:Unplugging and Replugging my Mouse inA different MouseRestarting My PC as this has been going on for daysUpdating Drivers There werent any availableUninstalling the...
  8. My Cursor is Lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse cursor lags when i turn off my second monitor: As the title says, while my second monitor is turned on everything is okay and working fine, but when i turn it off cursor starts lagging and whole system lags. Tried to find the solution online but didn't find anything similar. Hope you cant try to help me! Ps this happened...
  10. 3-second lag when launching programs

in Windows 10 Support
    3-second lag when launching programs: UPDATE: Well, I suffered with this for a number of months, but the recent major update (2015/11/11) seems to have fixed it, so case closed. Hi, I'm an ex programmer and I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. I have a desktop with an Intel i5, and a Gigabyte motherboard...