Windows 10: My custom mouse cursor only appears when I hover over a text box

Discus and support My custom mouse cursor only appears when I hover over a text box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I recently got a custom mouse cursor and I realized that it only appeared when the mouse was hovering over a text box and when it was hovering over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Epx_, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Epx_ Win User

My custom mouse cursor only appears when I hover over a text box

So I recently got a custom mouse cursor and I realized that it only appeared when the mouse was hovering over a text box and when it was hovering over my desktop for example it would revert back to the default cursor. Is there a way I can make it so it will always appear as the custom cursor?

:)

2. Cursor disappears while typing in text box

*Original Title: cursor and text box issues

After clicking in a text box, the cursor disappears if the mouse/cursor moves anywhere but in the same text box. I cannot click in the text box and write unless I make sure the mouse is held in the same box. Windows 10

any suggestions?

RobertGiberti, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Question about hovering text.

Is there a way to turn off the hovering text that appears when you leave your mouse cursor inactive over a file or folder? I have provided a screenshot of what I want to turn off if possible. The red arrow points to what I want to turn off.

My custom mouse cursor only appears when I hover over a text box [​IMG]

I know this is a helpful feature, but I hate when you want to read something above or below that hovering text and you can't because the text box is not transparent; and even if it were transparent, I still think one would have heck of a time reading through it - so I want to disable it if possible.

EyeInTheSky, Jun 11, 2021
  4. donwb Win User

Color Changes to mouse hover

Hi Dick

Tried the icon cache reset, it did reset, but so far I didn't detect any change.

I looked at your step recording. What's interesting is that your taskbar does show a loudspeaker icon, apparently even when you're not hovering over it. Then when you click on it you get the vertical slider picture. I get that but by clicking on an empty box. For me, the same is true for the other missing icon - "new notifications"

In your other picture of the mouse over the power icon, I get that just the same, but when I move the mouse down to the first option - Sleep - it is replaced by a black rectangle.

I'll live with these for the time being.

I will try MCBUILDER.exe and report the results later.

.....then I'd have to consider the Spitfires.......

Many thanks
    Don

donwb, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. My custom mouse cursor only appears when I hover over a text box - Similar Threads - custom mouse cursor

2. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  3. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  4. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  5. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button: Is there any way I can stop the mouse cursor from changing to a pointing hand whenever I'm hovering over a button in-game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-change-to-hand-when-i-hover-over-a/bddda35d-c2c9-464e-ba6e-f0a5645236c8
  6. Mouse Cursor change to hand when I hover over a button

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.: How do I turn off the feature that shows text of what my cursor is over. When I use the mouse to go from one item on a page to another my computer automatically goes to site or email that my cursor runs over. It seems extremely sensetive to touch....
  8. tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.

tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.: How do I turn off the feature that shows text of what my cursor is over. When I use the mouse to go from one item on a page to another my computer automatically goes to site or email that my cursor runs over. It seems extremely sensetive to touch....
  9. Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else have a mysterious black box appear whenever they hover over a text box?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cfast20 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkb263/anyone_else_have_a_mysterious_black_box_appear/
  10. Strange hover over dialog box text problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange hover over dialog box text problem: When I was troubleshooting my audio I encountered this problem with the hover box information; the information was displayed twice. Any idea if this could be solved/fixed I'm assuming this indicates a more serious problem; [ATTACH]...