Windows 10: My custom pointer is not aligned with the position of the click.

Discus and support My custom pointer is not aligned with the position of the click. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So lemme get this straight, i made a custom pointer for a theme but it is not aligned to where i click and i don't know how to fix that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ma_boi_is_a_cabbage1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. My custom pointer is not aligned with the position of the click.

/u/Ma_boi_is_a_cabbage1, Mar 28, 2020

2. Mouse pointer alignment

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the mouse pointer on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or the device driver is not yet updated. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Were there any changes that happened prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, we suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan and correct if there’s an integrity violation on the system. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page,
    you may expand and proceed with the steps from the Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista option under the
    Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) section, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Additionally, you may update the mouse driver on your PC from the Device Manager
    by following the steps in this article on how to update drivers in Windows
    , and then complete the process. After updating the driver, you may check if you're able to use your device properly.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Mar 28, 2020
  3. AJ139 Win User
    Mouse pointer alignment

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite E55-A5114. I recently connected it to a Sceptre monitor to extend the display. My wife uses remote access to work from home and has an issue with the mouse pointer alignment. When using programs on the Sceptre
    monitor the mouse is clicking on the intended target correctly. When she moves the mouse pointer to the laptops display and clicks on something, the pointer actually selects other things that the pointer is not hovering over.

I have not experienced this issue with any other applications besides her work programs.

Any ideas for fixes are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

AJ139, Mar 28, 2020
  4. RCFS Win User

My custom pointer is not aligned with the position of the click.

Saving custom desktop icon positions

Thanks for responding. The icons stay where I put them until I refresh or restart. Unchecking Align Icons to Grid does not solve the issue. Nothing
    happened when I pressed F4 or F5 so I had to shut down and therefore wasn't able to restart in safe mode.

Looks like I'll end up taking my system back to the Geeks (45 ml drive) to see if they can remedy my issue.

Thema:

My custom pointer is not aligned with the position of the click.

1. My custom pointer is not aligned with the position of the click. - Similar Threads - custom pointer aligned

2. Align custom resolution to left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Align custom resolution to left: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, there is a black vertical bar on the right side of the screen covering around 1/5 of the display. I have tried making a custom resolution to compensate for the dead section of my display but the custom resolution is aligned to centre....
  3. Align custom resolution to left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Align custom resolution to left: I have a laptop with a damaged screen, there is a black vertical bar on the right side of the screen covering around 1/5 of the display. I have tried making a custom resolution to compensate for the dead section of my display but the custom resolution is aligned to centre....
  4. HELP! Mouse Pointer not aligned with what is on my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Mouse Pointer not aligned with what is on my screen.: For about the past week I'm having an issue with my mouse pointer not aligning properly with what is the screen. It seems to be off by about 1/4" to the left. This is extremely frustrating when trying to select text in any program and when trying to select an entire row in...
  5. HELP! Mouse Pointer not aligned with what is on my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Mouse Pointer not aligned with what is on my screen.: For about the past week I'm having an issue with my mouse pointer not aligning properly with what is the screen. It seems to be off by about 1/4" to the left. This is extremely frustrating when trying to select text in any program and when trying to select an entire row in...
  6. Cycle through program windows on left click AND customize taskbar icon position on multiple...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cycle through program windows on left click AND customize taskbar icon position on multiple...: I recently picked up a couple of new monitors and started using DisplayFusion Pro to modify the position of the taskbar icons. The problem here is that I also use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker to cycle through open windows of the same program on left click, but it seems that these...
  7. 1903 ruined the appearance of my custom mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    1903 ruined the appearance of my custom mouse pointer: I'm glad that there are more pointer options now (I like a big green pointer, which can now be achieved with the system pointer), but you really shouldn't have ruined the appearance of custom mouse pointers. I've used my own custom mouse pointers in Windows for at least a...
  8. The pointer custom skin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The pointer custom skin: Halo, I have a problem for the pointer skin. I have this amazing skin from the internet for my pointer and when I use it there is no problem, but when I shutdown my laptop then I start it again my pointer skin become the default again and when I look at the pointer setting my...
  9. changing custom pointer size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    changing custom pointer size: hi, hello, so here's the thing, i made a bunch of custom pointers, sized 48x48px if i recall that well. then, whenever i try to change i try to change the original one within windows system the size change back to 32x32px :v is there a way to make the size however i...
  10. Customize Console Window Position in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Console Window Position in Windows: How to: Customize Console Window Position in Windows How to Customize Console Window Position in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux This tutorial will show you how to customize...