Windows 10: My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10

Discus and support My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Purchased a new Surface Pro 7 and as I always do with a new Windows device, I tried customizing my notification sounds. I selected my customized .wav... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FastFreddyG, Dec 22, 2019.

1. My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10

Purchased a new Surface Pro 7 and as I always do with a new Windows device, I tried customizing my notification sounds. I selected my customized .wav audio files and saved my new custom sound scheme after testing each .wav file and they all work in testing.

However, they do not work at all as they are supposed to. In fact, my audio goes quiet and I get no sounds at all when I choose my custom sound scheme. When I revert to default audio sounds, they do work. I tried erasing my scheme and creating new one and get same issue. I tried isolating .wav sounds to see if one was corrupting scheme, but none work.

I've found some threads with similar issue but it seems there's no simple solution. I tried stopping and manually starting windows audio services manager and that doesn't work.

Is there a way to restore Windows 10 audio services or reinstall them so it fixes this issue?

Is there an update patch that fixes this issue? Some of the threads I've seen about this are a couple years old, seems like Microsoft Windows updates should've addressed whatever issue is causing this issue.

I'm hoping for a less involved solution to this issue than some of the ones I've heard fixed it - never had this problem before with any previous Windows versions.

Fred

“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” - Emerson

:)

FastFreddyG, Dec 22, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Custom Sound Notification not working.

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have turned on the custom notification under the settings.

This issue may arise when the sound notifications might not be turned on. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if you have turned on the notification under the settings.

1. Open
    Settings, and click on the System icon.

2. Click on
    Notifications & actions on the left side.

3. On the right side under Notifications, move the
    Show app notifications slider to the right to turn it on.

4. If you like, you can now turn on or off notifications and notification banners for individual apps.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 22, 2019
  4. StathyK Win User

My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10

Custom Sounds for Notifications

I've always liked how I can customize the sounds on notifications on Windows Phone. Am running W10M preview version and still have that capability. Since Windows 10 is supposed to be the same regardless of device, will we be seeing custom sounds on notifications
    for Windows 10? I know the Sound App still exists under Control Panel, but I don't see where it has been extended for apps running on W10. I'm sure there is a registry hack I can discover, but I'd hate to go digging just to make my Cortana sound different.
    So is it going to happen?

T I A,

Stathy

StathyK, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10

1. My customized notification sounds not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - customized notification sounds

2. Windows customization notification sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows customization notification sounds: Can anyone give me some customized sounds for such notification tone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-customization-notification-sounds/b60d5350-89de-4c9a-8fb8-514cdbf380e1
  3. Windows customization notification sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows customization notification sounds: Can anyone give me some customized sounds for such notification tone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-customization-notification-sounds/b60d5350-89de-4c9a-8fb8-514cdbf380e1
  4. Windows 10 Pro will not play custom notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro will not play custom notification sound: I have windows 10 Pro version 20 H2 on a brand new Dell optiplex. I cannot get it to play my custom sound when Outlook client program receives a new email. I know this has been discussed on this and other forums, but I cannot find my answer on any forums. I have read through...
  5. Custom Notification Sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Notification Sounds not working: I wanted to customize the notification sounds with something more recognizable but it doesn't play the sound. It can be selected and saved normally but pressing the test button or making it play by other means (i.e. removing or plugging in devices) doesn't make it play. The...
  6. Custom sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom sounds not working: I set up some custom sounds for e.g. notifications. Many work but for some the sound does not play. When I go to the settings and test it there, it works. When using it (getting a notification) it doesn't. There is no sound playing. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?...
  7. Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game): Is it possible to set a notification sound for an application while running in the background? To put it simple, it's a game and everytime someone sends me a text in-game, and the game is minimized, the only thing that happens is it lights up like this [img] . So i would...
  8. Some Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

Some Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working: I almost replace every Windows 10 sound to 8.1's because I like them more, but I noticed some of the events I set sounds for doesn't work while the others do. For example, I can get UAC, Exclamation, Asterisk, and Default Beep, and Critical stop to work, but I can't get...
  9. Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working

Windows 10 custom Sound Schemes not working: I have noticed many people have had problems with not being able to set a custom sound scheme on Windows 10. I have found a solution/workaround to the problem. Be sure to move the audio file(s) into this directory first: "C:\Windows\Media\" And then once they are...
  10. Custom sounds Regedit not working?

Custom sounds Regedit not working?: Hi Been using this forum for months now and i never had the balls to join or post anything due to lack of knowledge about computing etc. Recently I've been messing around with my build and my OS and seeing what i can do with WIN10 and it seems like a lot of the features...