Windows 10: My D Drive disappeared after an Update

Discus and support My D Drive disappeared after an Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Please suggest me solution regarding the issue I am facing with my Laptop. all of a sudden my D Drive got disappearedplease help with proper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sanket_Patil, Aug 2, 2021.

1. My D Drive disappeared after an Update

Hello, Please suggest me solution regarding the issue I am facing with my Laptop. all of a sudden my D Drive got disappearedplease help with proper solution. my laptop got the new update and after update I am facing this issue.

:)

Sanket_Patil, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

D: drive disappeared

Welcome to Ten Forums vm303

Your Disk 1 reappeared later without you doing anything, so it looks like a loose cable was the most likely cause.

The windows update was almost certainly just a coincidence. When you looked in Disk Management you probably didn't see your Disk 1, so you incorrectly assumed that the partition with no drive letter was the missing 'D:'. In actual fact it was most likely to have been your hidden Recovery partition. The size of 809MB and only getting 'Help' with a right-click would be consistent with that.

That confirms that you are looking at a Recovery partition.

Now that D: has reappeared (with a different letter now) we know that it was in fact a completely separate disk, not a partition on your Disk 0 as you thought. Now you have your Disk 1 back again, I suggest you check all the cables and connections for that drive. We don't want it to disappear again.

That also means that your steps 4-6 were unnecessary and need to be undone. The correct ID for a Recovery partition on an MBR disk such as yours is 27. Here are screenshots of a similar MBR system disk to show how it should look after you have set everything back the way it was.

My D Drive disappeared after an Update [​IMG]

Bree, Aug 2, 2021
  3. KR1021 Win User
    D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Manosman Win User

My D Drive disappeared after an Update

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

Manosman, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

My D Drive disappeared after an Update

1. My D Drive disappeared after an Update - Similar Threads - Drive disappeared Update

2. After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared: Restarted the computer for an unrelated reason and the firmware update went through. When Win11 popped back up, my D: drive disappeared. I restored to a restore point, before the update, but it is still gone. It's a laptop. Rescanning Disks in Disk Management does nothing,...
  3. After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared: Restarted the computer for an unrelated reason and the firmware update went through. When Win11 popped back up, my D: drive disappeared. I restored to a restore point, before the update, but it is still gone. It's a laptop. Rescanning Disks in Disk Management does nothing,...
  4. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  5. D drive disappear after restarting

D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  6. My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.: So i was playing a game, then suddenly the game crashed, and my d drive is missing. i've went to the disk management and rescan the disks but it still didnt work. but sometimes when i turn off my computer and turning it back on not restart, it reappeared. and when i try to...
  7. My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.

My D drive disappeared after using an application that was stored in the D drive.: So i was playing a game, then suddenly the game crashed, and my d drive is missing. i've went to the disk management and rescan the disks but it still didnt work. but sometimes when i turn off my computer and turning it back on not restart, it reappeared. and when i try to...
  8. D Drive disappear after window update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D Drive disappear after window update.: After the update, D drive disappear and I can no longer access to it. I have tried several trouble-shooting methods mentioned in this forum but none of it can apply to it. For example, rescanning it in disk management and reallocation. [ATTACH]...
  9. My D: drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My D: drive disappeared: So, I started up my laptop this morning, and the D: drive is missing. Granted, I did spill some wine on my laptop the night prior, but I was convinced I avoided any damage. I did not manually delete anything, just spilled a tiny amount of wine and wiped the keys furiously....
  10. D drive disappeared after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D drive disappeared after Win 10 update: My D drive no longer appears at File Explorer, My PC; or at Disk Management. Before this problem I am sure D drive was present at File Explorer, My PC; and at Disk Management. The problem started happening a few days ago around the time of the latest Windows 10 update,...