Windows 10: my D drive disappeared, cannot be found in device manager as well

Discus and support my D drive disappeared, cannot be found in device manager as well in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I woke up after not using PC for 3 days, and got an error message saying desktop can't be accessed (I relocated desktop to D). further investigating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gitrikt, Oct 18, 2020.

1. my D drive disappeared, cannot be found in device manager as well

I woke up after not using PC for 3 days, and got an error message saying desktop can't be accessed (I relocated desktop to D). further investigating lead me to find out that D disappeared.

I went online and searched a bit, tried to search it in "Disk Management" and in "Device manager". both showed me nothing. (did rescan and found nothing new). I tried chkdsk /f /r (no clue why, just followed a guide on google), and also tried to restore windows to the 15/10. (I'm pretty sure I used windows then, and it showed no errors so I'm pretty good.

Overall I have windows on C and a few programs, but 99% of my PC is on D and its gone. I tried to spray compressed air, maybe dust is bothering it, but that didn't work (why would it?)

I'm lost. I don't wanna send it to repair cause I realize I'm probably just gonna have to buy a new one, but before that, Is there anything else I can give a shot? maybe hope's not lost yet?

submitted by /u/gitrikt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gitrikt, Oct 18, 2020
  2. KR1021 Win User

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Manosman Win User

my D drive disappeared, cannot be found in device manager as well

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

my D drive disappeared, cannot be found in device manager as well [​IMG]

Manosman, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

my D drive disappeared, cannot be found in device manager as well

1. my D drive disappeared, cannot be found in device manager as well - Similar Threads - drive disappeared cannot

2. D: Drive cannot be found anywhere in the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: Drive cannot be found anywhere in the PC: Hello, I have a problem where my D: Drive suddenly disappeared. It consists of my important files. I think that it got corrupted since my PC automatically used chkdsk back then. Now I've tried numerous ways to check its availability but it is not really appearing. Here are...
  3. D: Drive cannot be found anywhere in the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D: Drive cannot be found anywhere in the PC: Hello, I have a problem where my D: Drive suddenly disappeared. It consists of my important files. I think that it got corrupted since my PC automatically used chkdsk back then. Now I've tried numerous ways to check its availability but it is not really appearing. Here are...
  4. D: Drive cannot be found anywhere in the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager: So everything was normal until yesterday when I booted up my computer and what to my wondering eyes should appear, not my D: drive that's for sure. It had just vanished and I can't open anything referencing something on it. It's a Seagate Firecuda 2TB ST2000LX001, had it for...
  6. D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager: So everything was normal until yesterday when I booted up my computer and what to my wondering eyes should appear, not my D: drive that's for sure. It had just vanished and I can't open anything referencing something on it. It's a Seagate Firecuda 2TB ST2000LX001, had it for...
  7. D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My mouse Disappeared and is not found on the Device manager

My mouse Disappeared and is not found on the Device manager: My mouse disappeared after I restarted my laptop and isn't found on the device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-disappeared-and-is-not-found-on-the/15d6feea-9129-4f00-adf2-ac75088bae6b
  9. My D: drive disappeared

My D: drive disappeared: So, I started up my laptop this morning, and the D: drive is missing. Granted, I did spill some wine on my laptop the night prior, but I was convinced I avoided any damage. I did not manually delete anything, just spilled a tiny amount of wine and wiped the keys furiously....
  10. D Drive Disappeared

D Drive Disappeared: My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk? I am a college student and need my drive quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-disappeared/f98db626-d6ed-46bd-ae72-fca28cc344d8