Windows 10: My D Drive does not appear in file manager

Discus and support My D Drive does not appear in file manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My chrome hung and I was forced to manually restart my hp convertible x360, and when I turned it back on, I received a blue screen. I do not recall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Geetha Janardhanan, Apr 23, 2021.

1. My D Drive does not appear in file manager

My chrome hung and I was forced to manually restart my hp convertible x360, and when I turned it back on, I received a blue screen. I do not recall the error message, but I remember t=its saying "error code: hard_____" I do not recall what was in the blanks, only that it started with hard. When I opened file manager, I did not see my D drive. A lot of Applications I had downloaded there were also missing. I ran device manager and tried to look for my drive, but found only the C drive.I tried a partition recovery service, but it did not find my Drive. I also tried a disk rescan, but it did not

:)

Geetha Janardhanan, Apr 23, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 23, 2021
  3. "D" drive is full on HP B&O with Win 10

Hello,

Based on the information you've provided, we understand that you're unable to access D: drive on your computer and would like to delete some files. For us to assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which D: drive are you referring to, internal or external drive?
    • What happens when you try to open D: drive, do you get any error message/error code?
    • If yes, would you please mention the error message/error code in the response post?
    • By the way, when did you start noticing this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking if you are able to open the drive through Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management option.

• Right click on the drive which is inaccessible and select Open option.

• Check if the changes are effective.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Apr 23, 2021
  4. My D Drive does not appear in file manager

D drive

You will need to format and delete it if its a recovery partition.

Press Windows key + x

Click Disk Management

Select the Recovery Partition

Right click it, click 'Format'

You will receive a Warning dialog, click OK to continue.

The next step is to select your file system option, in this case, go with the default which is NTFS.

The formatting process will now begin.

Once complete, the drive will be displayed as a ‘Logical Drive’ in Disk Management.

Right click the ‘Logical Drive’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition. Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

If its a hybrid drive with lots of space, then you will need to do several things.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Could you take a screenshot then post it in a reply here?

If the D: drive is larger than C:, I would try partitioning the drive.

Here is an article how to partition a drive:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-partiti...

Name one Partition 'Files' and the other 'Apps'.

Open the Files partition, create a folder and name it: BillTily

Press Windows key + R

Type: %userprofile%

Hit Enter

Right click your Documents folder

Click Properties

Select the Location tab

Click Move

Browse to the Files partition we created earlier then select BillTily folder.

Repeat the same steps for other folders such as Pictures, Videos etc.

Open Start > Settings > System > Storage

Under More storage settings, click 'Change where new content is saved'

In New apps will save to list box, choose the 'Apps' partition we created earlier.

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features

Select any large app you have downloaded from the Windows Store

Click Move, choose the 'Apps' partition

Andre Da Costa, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

My D Drive does not appear in file manager

1. My D Drive does not appear in file manager - Similar Threads - Drive does appear

2. D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager: So everything was normal until yesterday when I booted up my computer and what to my wondering eyes should appear, not my D: drive that's for sure. It had just vanished and I can't open anything referencing something on it. It's a Seagate Firecuda 2TB ST2000LX001, had it for...
  3. D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager: So everything was normal until yesterday when I booted up my computer and what to my wondering eyes should appear, not my D: drive that's for sure. It had just vanished and I can't open anything referencing something on it. It's a Seagate Firecuda 2TB ST2000LX001, had it for...
  4. D: drive disappeared, doesn't appear in BIOS or Device/Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:: The Recycle Bin folder, and the Program Files folder, which contains a ModifiableWindowsApps folder, appeared on my secondary drive. I tried changing the permissions and deleting them, but after restarting my computer they were back. The settings for where content is saved...
  6. Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:: The Recycle Bin folder, and the Program Files folder, which contains a ModifiableWindowsApps folder, appeared on my secondary drive. I tried changing the permissions and deleting them, but after restarting my computer they were back. The settings for where content is saved...
  7. Windows System files appearing on my secondary drive D:

8. My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...: Hi, My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the device manager. How do i make it appear on my desktop. Note: "I hate windows 10" has 120 user names and "windows 10 is ****" has 461 usernames in this community. I am trying it...
  9. Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive

Random Folders Appearing in my D Drive: Hi there, im having trouble with these random folders appearing in my d drive, even after i delete them they reappear, not sure what they are from, scanned for virus's and malware but nothing comes up, this hard drive is mainly used for game storage and other files. windows...
  10. Drive D attributes and file management

Drive D attributes and file management: I am attempting to copy my data (documents, pictures, music, etc.) to the D drive to free up space on C. I changed the default setting to D under Settings-Storage-Change where new content is saved. I then opened File Explorer and moved a directory from C to D. It moved the...