Windows 10: My D drive has suddenly disappeared.

Discus and support My D drive has suddenly disappeared. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was browsing around on the internet and then my computer completely froze up, so I shut it down and when I started my computer back up, the D drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SeanSmith_414, Dec 29, 2019.

1. My D drive has suddenly disappeared.

I was browsing around on the internet and then my computer completely froze up, so I shut it down and when I started my computer back up, the D drive was suddenly gone. It doesn't show up in File Explorer, Disk Management, Device Manager or anything. I have tried re scanning my disks in disk management, and it didn't show up. The only time my D drive shows up is after I restart my computer, open up file explorer, then put my computer into sleep mode and then turn it back on, it will show up then, but I can't access it and soon after file explorer while freeze up for about 5 minutes and then it disappears again. Another thing is that computer now takes 5-9 minutes to start up, it didn't take this long before.

Is there anyway I can get my D drive back without loosing all the data on it?

:)

SeanSmith_414, Dec 29, 2019
  2. itay_373 Win User

d drive keep disappearing..

Hi,

my d drive keep disappearing,

i tried chkdsk the drive, but the process suddenly stops and d drive disapper

i really don't know what to do..

itay_373, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Bross76 Win User
    All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Dec 29, 2019
  4. KR1021 Win User

My D drive has suddenly disappeared.

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

My D drive has suddenly disappeared.

1. My D drive has suddenly disappeared. - Similar Threads - drive has suddenly

2. My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive: I was just doing normall processes; one steam application open via the D:// drive, laptop was in charge with next to no background processes. Suddenly, the D:// drive disappears, the application closes. No applications installed on the D drive are accessible and it does not...
  3. My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive: I was just doing normall processes; one steam application open via the D:// drive, laptop was in charge with next to no background processes. Suddenly, the D:// drive disappears, the application closes. No applications installed on the D drive are accessible and it does not...
  4. My D drive suddenly disappeared and is non-interactive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. D Drive suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive suddenly disappears: I have C Drive and D Drive in my laptop. I bought with both harddisks installed.Earlier this year, I updated my laptop to Windows 11, and it was the start of all problems, including a series of BSODs.Today I got the BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and after...
  6. D Drive suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive suddenly disappears: I have C Drive and D Drive in my laptop. I bought with both harddisks installed.Earlier this year, I updated my laptop to Windows 11, and it was the start of all problems, including a series of BSODs.Today I got the BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and after...
  7. My D: drive disappeared

My D: drive disappeared: So, I started up my laptop this morning, and the D: drive is missing. Granted, I did spill some wine on my laptop the night prior, but I was convinced I avoided any damage. I did not manually delete anything, just spilled a tiny amount of wine and wiped the keys furiously....
  8. D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared: Hey everyone, it seems I run to some sort of a sudden problem. I'd appreciate your help! So, after some sort of Windows 10 crash, I had to restart my PC. However, I randomly noticed that my D: drive is missing! I have two drives, the C: drive which has all the drivers as...
  9. Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared.: Last night I installed a program to try in to that folder and uninstalled it a few hours later, I must not have set up the folder properly because when I uninstalled the program it deleted the entire folder with other programs in it. Now I can't find the folder and can't...
  10. D Drive Disappeared

D Drive Disappeared: My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk? I am a college student and need my drive quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-disappeared/f98db626-d6ed-46bd-ae72-fca28cc344d8