Windows 10: My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow...

Discus and support My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; May I know what are the best solutions to fix this issue? As I only able to find solutions to fix on C: drive and not on D: drive. Also, thank you very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/keehann11, Sep 24, 2020.

1. My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow...

May I know what are the best solutions to fix this issue? As I only able to find solutions to fix on C: drive and not on D: drive. Also, thank you very much to the people that contribute in advanced My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow... :))

submitted by /u/keehann11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/keehann11, Sep 24, 2020
  2. SpabRog Win User

File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow

I've been having this problem recently, I honestly dont know what it is. My computer runs smoothly, up until I open up file explorer and it basically doesn't load. It's been sitting there for at least 40 minutes. If anyone can shed some light, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow... [​IMG]

SpabRog, Sep 24, 2020
  3. File Explorer Extremely Slow or Not Responsive

I have windows 10 and these issues occur when using file explorer, moving or managing files.

A. File explorer takes minutes to open or won't open when clicked on (this includes using the windows search bar and any icons on the computer).

B. File explorer crashes often or is extremely slow while attempting to rename a file.

C. File explorer crashes often or is extremely slow while Creating/naming a new folder

D. File explorer is in general extremely slow and crashes when moving through various folders.

I hope this is enough information to indicate what is wrong. I really need help with this as my computer is becoming nearly unusable for certain tasks due to these issues.

Any help is appreciated, and if you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks!

Cadler_188, Sep 24, 2020
  4. iuseword3 Win User

My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow...

File Explorer Extremely slow

My company has been having issues with file explorer one being loading file explorer is extremely slow. There are other programs having issues now but I feel are not important. To test if this was caused by user error I create a fresh install on a computer
    suffering from the slow down issues. Tested the speed of windows explorer then I ran a windows update and right after the restart my explorer started acting slow.

Operating system: Windows 10 pro x64

These are the updates that go forced to my machine:

Quality updates:

KB4457128 (2)

KB4456655

KB4457146

Definition Updates

KB4052623

KB2267602

Other Updates:

KB890830

iuseword3, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow...

1. My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow... - Similar Threads - drive always 98%

2. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  3. Files explorer extremely slow to load..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files explorer extremely slow to load..: The files explorer in my brand new Windows Surface laptop is extremely slow to load. Each time I click on the files explorer icon in the task bar at the bottom, it takes several seconds and on occasions up to a minute to load. This is not a folder-specific problem as this...
  4. Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%: I used to be a user of Windows 10. With time, my disk started reaching 100% all the time. I moved to Linux for a year and then came back to Windows 11. Sadly, I still have the same problem everything was fine while using Linux.Details:SSD: ST1000LM035-1RK172I have enabled...
  5. Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%

Extremely slow ssd DISK ALWAYS 100%: I used to be a user of Windows 10. With time, my disk started reaching 100% all the time. I moved to Linux for a year and then came back to Windows 11. Sadly, I still have the same problem everything was fine while using Linux.Details:SSD: ST1000LM035-1RK172I have enabled...
  6. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  7. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  8. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

9. File Explorer Extremely slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Extremely slow: My company has been having issues with file explorer one being loading file explorer is extremely slow. There are other programs having issues now but I feel are not important. To test if this was caused by user error I create a fresh install on a computer suffering from the...
  10. File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Will Not Load / Extremely Slow: I've been having this problem recently, I honestly dont know what it is. My computer runs smoothly, up until I open up file explorer and it basically doesn't load. It's been sitting there for at least 40 minutes. If anyone can shed some light, I would greatly appreciate it....