Windows 10: My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...

Discus and support My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I restarted my computer recently and when it booted, my D drive had disappeared. This is where most of my applications are installed. I checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kris Rhodes1, Dec 2, 2022.

1. My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...

I restarted my computer recently and when it booted, my D drive had disappeared. This is where most of my applications are installed. I checked the device manager and under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it lists the SATA AHCI controller as having a "code 10," and says "device cannot start."The driver is upgraded fully as far as I know. I have re-downloaded the driver from the computer's manufacturer. I uninstalled the device in the device manager, and restarted again, and installed the driver that I had downloaded which is exactly the same driver as had been installed on the machine previous to t

:)

Kris Rhodes1, Dec 2, 2022

2. Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

I was trying to figure out why only one of my idevices was showing my on my computer. I checked device manager and under portable devices I see Apple iPhone. Then when I plug in my iPad it shows up under USB devices as Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device and it has a yellow exclamation point. WHen I try to update the driver thats when I get the Code 10 message. I disconnect both devices and plug in the iPad 1st. I look under portable devices and I see Apple iPad. Then I plug in the iPhone and it's listed USB devices with the exact same listing the iPad had. No matter what I do I cannot get both to appear under portable devices at the same time. Whatever device gets plugged in 1st appropriately shows up under portable devices. When I plug in the a 2nd device thats where the problems start. Has anyone ever heard of such a bizarre problem? I've swapped USB slots and cables and keep on getting the same thing. I am at a complete loss on this. *Sad

FuSchnickens, Dec 2, 2022
  3. dtraiN187 Win User
    device manager drivers/update/fix help

I need help with my drivers as they aren't showing up right in Device manager. I have double or triple entries in some of the categories; I have provided a link or file so that you can see what mine looks like. If anyone could direct me in the right path that would be awesome! I think the reason for my mouse studders/issues and also performance issues in the many games that I play is the reason behind these Drivers. Below is a image that I captured with gyazo that lists my devices.

https://gyazo.com/825cc09e1f38ba409bd23bd839c8aa08 <- (Device manager and problems w drivers)

-BenQ XL2420Z 144hz
    -Logitech G403 Prodigy
    -Corsair Vengeance K95

-When I fix the drivers that I need will the grayed out devices fix themselves/disappear in Device manager? Also, if/when I get my drivers all squared away and updated.. let's say I have some grayed out devices that are still in those sections.. is it OK to uninstall those or not?

-I also don't have any idea what those Microsoft streaming devices in Sound are!??! Could it be something I need to turn off in BIOS or?

-Lastly, what's the deal with the WAN Miniports?

Thank-you!

dtraiN187, Dec 2, 2022
  4. The_Ish Win User

My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Long story short, I wanted to install 11.8 driver. I uninstalled, did a driver sweep etc. All the stuff I normally do. Except I got a ton of problems with 11.8. At first it wont install, and just crashed the install manager. I update Visal C++ and get a bit further, then it hangs at something else I can't remember what it was. So I went into device manager and saw this.
    I thought, shit, my card is fried! So I switched them up, but it still gave me the exact same problem.

I'm gonna try 11.7 again and see if that works, and if not.. Well I need some suggestions :/

The_Ish, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...

1. My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is... - Similar Threads - drive showing Device

2. My driver is not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My driver is not showing up in device manager: I tried clearing my driver, because it said it was corrupted, but i accidentally deleted it and it is not showing up anywhere except for control panel....
  3. My driver is not showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My driver is not showing up in device manager: I tried clearing my driver, because it said it was corrupted, but i accidentally deleted it and it is not showing up anywhere except for control panel....
  4. My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...: I restarted my computer recently and when it booted, my D drive had disappeared. This is where most of my applications are installed. I checked the device manager and under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it lists the SATA AHCI controller as having a "code 10," and says "device...
  5. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. However it shows...
  6. Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, disk manager, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. I...
  7. PnP device showing Driver Error with Code 10 in Device Manager

PnP device showing Driver Error with Code 10 in Device Manager: I've been having problem getting my device connected to my laptop. Recently purchased the Acer Aspire 3 (A315-41G-R5RJ) running AMD Ryzen 3 2200U, and a Behringer X-Touch Universal Control Surface for my audio work. The problem I’m facing right now is I’m not able to...
  8. D drive shows up in boot but not in device management

D drive shows up in boot but not in device management: [ATTACH] after updating my system, this notification used to show up and my computer used to crash to blue screen. so i had to reset my PC and update it again. now D drive does not show up. I can see D drive as disk 0 in boot but it doesnt show up in device management i...
  9. Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10): I was trying to figure out why only one of my idevices was showing my on my computer. I checked device manager and under portable devices I see Apple iPhone. Then when I plug in my iPad it shows up under USB devices as Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device and it has a...
  10. Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Portable Devices: This device cannot start (Code 10): I was trying to figure out why only one of my idevices was showing my on my computer. I checked device manager and under portable devices I see Apple iPhone. Then when I plug in my iPad it shows up under USB devices as Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device and it has a...