Windows 10: My D: drive is running at 100% and slowing down my computer

Discus and support My D: drive is running at 100% and slowing down my computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have been trying to troubleshoot, the only problem is starting up my computer takes 1h right now and opening any file related to my D: drive seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alexjohnson_480, Feb 26, 2020.

1. My D: drive is running at 100% and slowing down my computer

So I have been trying to troubleshoot, the only problem is starting up my computer takes 1h right now and opening any file related to my D: drive seems to perma freeze my computer. I checked in task manager to pin point the problem and saw that Disk 0, or my C: drive was perfectly fine and was running at 0-2% while my D: drive was nonstop spiking at 100%.

Ive been looking online for help but only seem to get advice for the C: drive. I also cant seem to run my command prompt as administrator, but thats probably my own. Also my windows needs an update but every attempt I have made to update freezes my computer.

Thanks in advance :

:)

alexjohnson_480, Feb 26, 2020
  2. AnnZeuke1 Win User

D drive almost full, now computer is running very slow. Help

I have an almost 2 yr old laptop. I believe that the computer backed itself up to the D drive. It is saying it is almost full, but there are no files listed in the drive. What can I do to clear this out? I am afraid if I reformat the drive I will lose important
    files. I have a 2 tb external that I usually back up on. I am just not sure why it is running so slow. I am using windows 10 os.

AnnZeuke1, Feb 26, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 26, 2020
  4. My D: drive is running at 100% and slowing down my computer

Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

My D: drive is running at 100% and slowing down my computer

1. My D: drive is running at 100% and slowing down my computer - Similar Threads - drive running 100%

2. One of my hard drive is running at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of my hard drive is running at 100%: One of my hard drive is running at 100% all the time even at stratup. The disk doesn't have OS neither any software installed in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-of-my-hard-drive-is-running-at-100/adee78e7-5c2e-4a87-853f-a7c485553020
  3. One of my hard drive is running at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One of my hard drive is running at 100%: One of my hard drive is running at 100% all the time even at stratup. The disk doesn't have OS neither any software installed in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-of-my-hard-drive-is-running-at-100/adee78e7-5c2e-4a87-853f-a7c485553020
  4. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  5. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  6. My computer annoying me. Starts up slow runs at 100% disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer annoying me. Starts up slow runs at 100% disk: I've had my Omen desktop 870-244 for about two years now but I've only lately started coming across issues with it lately. It takes a while for my computer to turn on, shut down, and for some reason whenever it does start up it runs at 100% disk. I turned off a majority of my...
  7. My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D: drive is always at 98% or 100% and my game and file explorer loads extremely slow...: May I know what are the best solutions to fix this issue? As I only able to find solutions to fix on C: drive and not on D: drive. Also, thank you very much to the people that contribute in advanced :)) submitted by /u/keehann11 [link] [comments]...
  8. my computer is running very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is running very slow: hi! my computer is running very slowly. task manager shows that a process "services and controller app " used up almost 90% of the CPU capacity! Can anybody help?...
  9. Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer running slow, C drive almost full, D drive empty: I've been researching and there's a lot of different solutions. Would appreciate a more specific solution, don't want to mess anything up. Here's a shot of my Disk Management. I'm wondering if I can have the operating system run on C and move other files/programs to D. Or...
  10. my computer runs very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer runs very slow: please help to make my computer runs faster thanks and god bless alanis https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-runs-very-slow/47ae14ce-1dd2-4323-b2bc-d16e3b1a6c82