Windows 10: My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help

Discus and support My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello My drives become blank and D drive renames into "New Volume" every time it says "not responding" see image below.https://ibb.co/ngwX5f8After not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arnold Christian De Leon, May 24, 2024.

1. My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help

Hello My drives become blank and D drive renames into "New Volume" every time it says "not responding" see image below.https://ibb.co/ngwX5f8After not responding the D drive completely disappears and I cannot access my files inside.My OS is installed in a separate SSD and the D drive is a different SSD as well.I need it to stop disappearing as it causes my laptop to not respond and I do not want my files to be affected.Please Help,

:)

Arnold Christian De Leon, May 24, 2024
  2. itay_373 Win User

d drive keep disappearing..

Hi,

my d drive keep disappearing,

i tried chkdsk the drive, but the process suddenly stops and d drive disapper

i really don't know what to do..

itay_373, May 24, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
    D: drive disappeared

Welcome to Ten Forums vm303

Your Disk 1 reappeared later without you doing anything, so it looks like a loose cable was the most likely cause.

The windows update was almost certainly just a coincidence. When you looked in Disk Management you probably didn't see your Disk 1, so you incorrectly assumed that the partition with no drive letter was the missing 'D:'. In actual fact it was most likely to have been your hidden Recovery partition. The size of 809MB and only getting 'Help' with a right-click would be consistent with that.

That confirms that you are looking at a Recovery partition.

Now that D: has reappeared (with a different letter now) we know that it was in fact a completely separate disk, not a partition on your Disk 0 as you thought. Now you have your Disk 1 back again, I suggest you check all the cables and connections for that drive. We don't want it to disappear again.

That also means that your steps 4-6 were unnecessary and need to be undone. The correct ID for a Recovery partition on an MBR disk such as yours is 27. Here are screenshots of a similar MBR system disk to show how it should look after you have set everything back the way it was.

My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help 322436d1615636681t-d-drive-disappeared-mbr-disk-layout.png

My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help 322437d1615636681t-d-drive-disappeared-mbr-recovery-partition-id.png

4. KR1021 Win User

My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, May 24, 2024
Thema:

My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help

1. My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help - Similar Threads - drive Keeps Disappearing

2. My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive Keeps Disappearing Please Help: Hello My drives become blank and D drive renames into "New Volume" every time it says "not responding" see image below.https://ibb.co/ngwX5f8After not responding the D drive completely disappears and I cannot access my files inside.My OS is installed in a separate SSD and the...
  3. My D Drive has disappeared - please help me recover it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D Drive has disappeared - please help me recover it: My D Drive has suddenly disappeared. I have tried rescanning the disks and that has not worked. My latest update is: 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019961Please send advice...
  4. My D Drive has disappeared - please help me recover it

My D Drive has disappeared - please help me recover it: My D Drive has suddenly disappeared. I have tried rescanning the disks and that has not worked. My latest update is: 2022-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5019961Please send advice...
  5. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing: I have no idea how to explain this fully but I have researched many times every single time this happens, I know how to fix it but just not even a day ago it deleted my d drive to where I had to restore to a previous restore point which was about a week back, but not even 3...
  6. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing: I have no idea how to explain this fully but I have researched many times every single time this happens, I know how to fix it but just not even a day ago it deleted my d drive to where I had to restore to a previous restore point which was about a week back, but not even 3...
  7. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My D drive is missing! Please Help!?

My D drive is missing! Please Help!?: I recently replaced the Charger Port for my Lenovo Laptop... the port now works fine, however it had to error check... it finishes the first time... i pick it up to log in... it clicks... and everything shuts off at once, no shutdown, nothing... just off... some time later,...
  9. My D Drive completely disappeared please help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D Drive completely disappeared please help!!!: I restarted my pc and went I came back to launch a game, is said that the file couldn’t be found and i go to look at my files and my D drive is completely gone. Please help me get it back. submitted by /u/Thicx- [link] [comments]...
  10. D drive keeps disappearing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D drive keeps disappearing.: Every time I download something on my D drive it simply disappears, although once I restart my computer its there again. This would not be as big of a problem if the thing I'm downloading did not have to restart. Does anybody know a solution to this issue? submitted by...