Windows 10: My Dagon Speak or something changed my windows 10 and word to unreadable file while using...

Discus and support My Dagon Speak or something changed my windows 10 and word to unreadable file while using... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10 with microsoft word and dragon speak. Dragon speak changed my working file to its own file marked DRA with the edge with yellow halo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maureensomodi, Jan 26, 2020.

1. My Dagon Speak or something changed my windows 10 and word to unreadable file while using...

I have windows 10 with microsoft word and dragon speak. Dragon speak changed my working file to its own file marked DRA with the edge with yellow halo logo so I cannot access the file and return it to word file. I tried dragon pad and downloads, could have both on desktop, and the file still will not open with text. What to do?

:)

maureensomodi, Jan 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Change email app to default to unread view

Every time I open the email app it defaults to the "all" view. I cannot find any settings to change this, but it would be better if it defaulted to the "unread" list instead. Is there any way to change this?

Also if I open an email from the unread list then return to the unread list, it would be nice if the list got updated to remove the item I have just read. Currently it doesn't refresh the list.

Les Ferguson, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

My Dagon Speak or something changed my windows 10 and word to unreadable file while using...

Change file icons in Windows 10

Hi Richard,

It may be possible that both Word and PDF files are set to be opened by the same program. We suggest changing the default app for these files. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard then click Apps.
    • On the left hand panel, click Default apps. Scroll down and then and then click
      Choose default apps by file type.
    • Look for .doc and .docx then click
      Choose a default
      and choose the version of Word you're using. Do this also for
      .pdf files which you can choose from your preferred browser or the PDF program you're using.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

My Dagon Speak or something changed my windows 10 and word to unreadable file while using...

1. My Dagon Speak or something changed my windows 10 and word to unreadable file while using... - Similar Threads - Dagon Speak something

2. dragon speak or something,changed my word file so I cannot open it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dragon speak or something,changed my word file so I cannot open it: i have windows 10 with microsoft word and dragon speak. dragon speak changed my working file to its own file marked DRA with the edge with yellow halo logo so I cannot access the file and return it to word file. I tried dragon pad and downloads, could have both on desktop,...
  3. Urgent!!! - Word Found Unreadable Content

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Urgent!!! - Word Found Unreadable Content: Good Morning, I am unable to open my word document for my MBA class that is due today at 7:00 pm. Please help, I am getting this error message "Word Found Unreadable Content:...
  4. auto suggestion of word while using word application

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto suggestion of word while using word application: Please help! While I am typing anywhere, I get this annoying word suggestion box on my screen, often over my text. How do I switch it off and make it go to it's final resting place? Screen shot below: Thank you wise people. Rach Oh so ironic!!!!!!...
  5. unreadable files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unreadable files: after a accidentle format of my second internal drive.the recuverd files i get from :recuva:,,easeus and undelete the files are all unreadable or only got the letter y like this yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,,can someone help me please its driving me mad...
  6. Word App unreadable

Word App unreadable: I've paid my subscription. All good there. I only use Word. I use it every day. Now today, the app is unreadable. If I can't actually use Word which is the only reason I pay the $129 each year, then what do I do? This is actually really serious and a major dilemma for my...
  7. something using my bandwidth

something using my bandwidth: I am using Virgin Mobile for wireless internet and a HP laptop. I am on a capped plan and know how to disable windows updates and I do that. I get them when I go to the library and us their wifi. But something is still often using my precious bandwith and I can't seem to find...
  8. something using my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Support
    something using my bandwidth: I am using Virgin Mobile for wireless internet and a HP laptop. I am on a capped plan and know how to disable windows updates and I do that. I get them when I go to the library and us their wifi. But something is still often using my precious bandwith and I can't seem to find...
  9. Files Unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Unreadable: Hello all, I was using 32 gb usb for my backups on my old computer that I no longer have. When I purchased a new computer and restored the backups to it, I discovered that 2/3 of my music files were not in ITunes and most of the documents were in an unreadable form ( more...
  10. unreadable words

in Windows 10 Support
    unreadable words: can anybody help i have only just bought this laptop and i cant read a bloody word and pictures EVERYTHING is mashed up 52396