Windows 10: MY DATA WERE ENCRYPTED (MUM, DAT, BIN, etc)

Discus and support MY DATA WERE ENCRYPTED (MUM, DAT, BIN, etc) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a HP laptop over 3 months ago with an active copy of Windows 10 Home genuine. A week ago the blue screen error occurred so the technical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by QuinnzLand, Apr 19, 2019.

1. MY DATA WERE ENCRYPTED (MUM, DAT, BIN, etc)

I bought a HP laptop over 3 months ago with an active copy of Windows 10 Home genuine. A week ago the blue screen error occurred so the technical staffs retrieved the product key and re-insalled it. I've asked for my data but they gave me back the laptop full of MUM, DAT, BIN,... and "security catalogue" files, saying they've done their best but couldn't decrypt the files. What should I do now to have my files back???

:)

QuinnzLand, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Encrypting a folder

Hello Bill,

To encrypt a folder in Windows 10 Home, follow these steps:

• Right-click the folder you want to encrypt and click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attributes, click Encrypt contents to secure data.
    • Click OK then Apply to save the changes.

We're just here if you need further help.

Devlin Sco, Apr 19, 2019
  4. MY DATA WERE ENCRYPTED (MUM, DAT, BIN, etc)

Windows 10 Pro - How do I disable encryption of my data

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Are you using any third party software to Encrypt data's\files? Or is it automatically encrypting your data’s and files?
    If your data’s are encrypt by Bit locker you can follow the below link
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide. (It works same way on Windows 10).

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766295(v=ws.10).aspx

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

MY DATA WERE ENCRYPTED (MUM, DAT, BIN, etc)

1. MY DATA WERE ENCRYPTED (MUM, DAT, BIN, etc) - Similar Threads - DATA WERE ENCRYPTED

2. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  3. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  4. Data Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Encryption: Hello,I have an ASUS laptop vivobook_asuslaptop x512ja f512ja that I am currently running windows 11 on and it is less than a year old. I am trying to turn on data encryption but it doesn't give me the option to turn on data encryption in the settings and I can't find...
  5. Data Encryption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Encryption: Hello,I have an ASUS laptop vivobook_asuslaptop x512ja f512ja that I am currently running windows 11 on and it is less than a year old. I am trying to turn on data encryption but it doesn't give me the option to turn on data encryption in the settings and I can't find...
  6. Data encryption.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data encryption.: Hello. I don't see Disk Encryption, which I should have in windows 11 home. This is fine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-encryption/2edcdcd8-bbe8-4fd3-9498-a66e781e8f66
  7. Data encryption.

Data encryption.: Hello. I don't see Disk Encryption, which I should have in windows 11 home. This is fine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-encryption/2edcdcd8-bbe8-4fd3-9498-a66e781e8f66
  8. encrypted data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    encrypted data: i encrypted my data on USB drive and after that in installed on my computer clean installation of windows 11.Now i can't open them i dont know what to do please help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypted-data/f6c6833c-e5e3-4842-a8aa-baed433808aa
  9. encrypted data

encrypted data: i encrypted my data on USB drive and after that in installed on my computer clean installation of windows 11.Now i can't open them i dont know what to do please help : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypted-data/f6c6833c-e5e3-4842-a8aa-baed433808aa
  10. Data encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data encryption: If I go to Manage Bitlocker, their is no drive listed in the fixed data drive.....i am using windows 10 enterprise.....please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-encryption/38ff4050-617f-401b-bf89-cdcf9b702f58"