Windows 10: My daughter can bypass Win10 family safety screen time limit. How can I fix this?

Discus and support My daughter can bypass Win10 family safety screen time limit. How can I fix this? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; She is able to give herself more time on any Win10 she has access to, even after she has been logged out. I have changed my login password and pin.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JXTH, Aug 29, 2020.

1. JXTH Win User

My daughter can bypass Win10 family safety screen time limit. How can I fix this?

She is able to give herself more time on any Win10 she has access to, even after she has been logged out.

I have changed my login password and pin. And I made sure that she couldn't see my pin the I keyed in. But that didn't stop her. So I don't believe knowing my credentials was the issue.

She appeared to be able to bypass it whenever she wants to and does it quickly and consistently.

Does anyone know how she does it and what I can do to stop it?

:)

2. Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass

SO TRUE!!! Yes I know that. I also found another way to bypass this but takes a long time and skill. Family safety is rubbish. Shouldn't have told my dad how to create a microsoft account for me. Didn't see that coming. He blocked games, I hated that, I'm not
    going to turn into a total nerd and have a sad life but that time i knew his account password and made life better but he left the games unblocked and put the screen time back again. He changed his password unfortunately and now I know a way to bypass this.
    Family safety probably won't be able to stop both methods GREAT!!! But I'm sick and tired of family safety. Wish i didn't have this screen time limit like your kids and i'm the only kid in my class to have this rubbish thing. Microsoft should remove it then
    if it's useless. EVEN BETTER!!!if they did...but they won't. If i get my own computer, my dad has to remove screen time limit from my account but depends on the computer Windows or Mac. Screen time limits just made me hate windows and now i would be going
    for mac when i get my own pc. Screen time limits are unfair for everyone who has it and double unfair if you're the only person in class who has it AKA me. YES you probably worked out something here about me.

TheCoolGamer, Aug 29, 2020
  3. RossH.24 Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass

My son signs into his Windows 10 PC using a Microsoft account, and is part of our family, and subject to Family Safety screen time limits of 2hrs on a Saturday, from 8am to 6:30pm. Also note that his account is verified (I know from experience that Family
    Safety doesn't work properly when an account is not verified).

Today he discovered that when he gets the "15 minutes to go, request more time" dialogue box, if he simply turns off his PC at this point (I mean unplugs it from the mains without shutting down properly), then when the PC starts up again and he logs in,
    it seems to forget how much time he's used so far today, e.g. it's as if the time limits are reset so he gets another 2 hrs.

So, simply doing a hard power off of his PC (equivalent of a power cut) at the relevant time allows him to totally bypass the daily screen time limit.

Is this a known problem, because it seems like a pretty massive flaw in the screen limits system?

Many Thanks,

Ross

RossH.24, Aug 29, 2020
  4. My daughter can bypass Win10 family safety screen time limit. How can I fix this?

time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

My daughter can bypass Win10 family safety screen time limit. How can I fix this?

1. My daughter can bypass Win10 family safety screen time limit. How can I fix this? - Similar Threads - daughter bypass Win10

2. Family Safety time limit not enforced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety time limit not enforced: Hi,we are using the Family Safety on Windows 11; for a couple of monthes it did work properly; nowt the child account linked to the app is not obeying time limits when they are used up.For example, yesterday the limit was where he could only use the Computer until 21.00pm ;...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  5. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  6. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  7. Family safety screen time limits not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety screen time limits not working: Hi CommunityI have a problem with Microsoft 365 screen time limits. Can anyone suggest a fix?My children are in my family group, and they are set up with limits across all devices. The limits work on the Xbox and a laptop computer, but on another desktop computer they have no...
  8. Bypassing family screen time limits

Bypassing family screen time limits: I have my son set up within microsoft family with a chikd account with screen time limits set. However, he just creates other accounts and when his main one switches off he knows he can switch to the other and carry on undetected. How can i stop him creating other accounts?...
  9. Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass

Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass: My kid is managed to disable icon FamilySafety by using some system explorer, and he should be in bed by 9pm, and I see him at 9:30 hardly playing?? Is this Family safety any good?...
  10. Bypassing screen time limits

Bypassing screen time limits: I have been using screen time limits successfully I thought, but now noticed my child will adjust the clock/time to by-pass the restrictions. Can changing of time be restricted? How?...