Windows 10: My Defender Antivirus doesn`t start although i have no other antivirus program installed.

Discus and support My Defender Antivirus doesn`t start although i have no other antivirus program installed. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, I`m new to microsoft community, and i need help. When i try to restart it, a dialog box opens with this written on it: the specified service... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Naayel Ibtihaj, Jun 3, 2020.

1. My Defender Antivirus doesn`t start although i have no other antivirus program installed.

Hi there,

I`m new to microsoft community, and i need help. When i try to restart it, a dialog box opens with this written on it: the specified service does not exist as an installed service. This error is also present:

0x80070424 Error
    I recently installed windows 10 pro, and today i restarted the computer, it started to update by itself when it finished, it said we couldn`t install updates. Before that, everything was perfectly fine before than. Plese help! And i need a way without installing windows again.

Thanks in advance,

Naayel

:)

Naayel Ibtihaj, Jun 3, 2020
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

My Defender Antivirus doesn`t start although i have no other antivirus program installed.

need of antivirus

Yes. Every Windows version needs an Anti-Virus.

Windows 10 comes with in-built AV Windows Defender.

Whether you want to use Windows Defender or want to install another AV: that depends on your own preferences and habits.

No matter which AV you want to use, there might be situations in which you want to use other Anti-Malware programs for occasional, on-demand scans.

Suggestion to read:

Smeed, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

My Defender Antivirus doesn`t start although i have no other antivirus program installed.

1. My Defender Antivirus doesn`t start although i have no other antivirus program installed. - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus doesn`t

2. Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus: I have a laptop that came with McAfee and Bitdefender software. Both subscriptions expired. I uninstalled both so that I can just use Windows defender, but it won't start. I get the following message: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization". I...
  3. Is the antivirus program installed?

Is the antivirus program installed?: Is the antivirus program automatically installed in Windows 10 on my new PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-antivirus-program-installed/ca23e274-3af1-4768-a779-05fc6233abeb"
  4. Use other than Defender for antivirus

Use other than Defender for antivirus: I am just curious how many people disable Defender and install another antivirus!! 134425
  5. Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.: Hello everybody. First of all, I want to apologize for my English, is not my natural language. After a normal power off, my laptop didn`t run Windows normally and showed a blue screen saying "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. [...] Stop code:...
  6. defender antivirus

defender antivirus: WTF is Microsoft doing? 5 updates yesterday and 3 so far today. I did not buy a computer to sit and watch it do updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-antivirus/04f21066-ec28-4735-bd29-73f064de299d"
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus wont start

Windows Defender Antivirus wont start: Hello, I have a 4 day old new HP computer and I want to run Windows Defender. I had a free trial version of McAfee. I uninstalled McAfee using their uninstaller. Windows Defender antivirus wont start. I get a message: "unexpected error. sorry, we ran into a problem please try...
  8. Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?

Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?: My new system is running Windows Defender. I see that a McAfee subscription is also included with my purchase. I have always preferred Norton, and I have used it for years, but a knowledgeable IT friend says Defender is enough. Is it generally enough to guard against...
  9. I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.

I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.: Hello! I have a virus that whenever I run Google Chrome and click on a new page, a pop up randomly appears and attempts to hide itself. The goal of the virus is to log my facebook information and hack my account, but luckily I blocked the app it attempts to enable. The...
  10. windows defender or other antivirus?

windows defender or other antivirus?: i just installed windows 10. i know there is the default windows defender, but i'm thinking of downloading another antivirus. which one should i download (preferably free)? or should i stick to the built-in one? 67092