Windows 10: My defender icon in taskbarcsuddenly went MISSING, "Your IT Administrator disabled access"...

Discus and support My defender icon in taskbarcsuddenly went MISSING, "Your IT Administrator disabled access"... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I try to scan the virus but suddenly it shows to me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app,and the item you tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nazhanramli, Sep 27, 2018.

1. My defender icon in taskbarcsuddenly went MISSING, "Your IT Administrator disabled access"...

I try to scan the virus but suddenly it shows to me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app,and the item you tried to access is not available . Contact IT helpdesk for more information", when I open "virus and threat protection" setting. And also I can't access to some other setting because it keeps telling me only admin can do that. While I'm the only user. I'll attached the picture. My defender icon in taskbarcsuddenly went MISSING, "Your IT Administrator disabled access"... 28c7705e-7645-45f2-b51b-51662b336978?upload=true.png

:)

nazhanramli, Sep 27, 2018

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 27, 2018
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

My defender icon in taskbarcsuddenly went MISSING, "Your IT Administrator disabled access"...

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

My defender icon in taskbarcsuddenly went MISSING, "Your IT Administrator disabled access"...

1. My defender icon in taskbarcsuddenly went MISSING, "Your IT Administrator disabled access"... - Similar Threads - defender icon taskbarcsuddenly

2. Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access: I have reset Windows, start with clean HD. Did the basic set up and still get the same message in Windows Defender when trying to access Virus & threat protection,, action recommended. There is no 3rd party antivirus and no school accounts. User account is an Administrator,...
  3. Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender - Your IT administrator has limited access: I have reset Windows, start with clean HD. Did the basic set up and still get the same message in Windows Defender when trying to access Virus & threat protection,, action recommended. There is no 3rd party antivirus and no school accounts. User account is an Administrator,...
  4. Keep getting "your it administrator has limited access defender"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting "your it administrator has limited access defender": I have already tried different solutions to this issue, deleted registers through cmd, changed properties through the group policy editor, but nothing helped, and my account does not belong to any organization or school. I suspect that I have this problem because of "Lenovo...
  5. Keep getting "your it administrator has limited access defender"

Keep getting "your it administrator has limited access defender": I have already tried different solutions to this issue, deleted registers through cmd, changed properties through the group policy editor, but nothing helped, and my account does not belong to any organization or school. I suspect that I have this problem because of "Lenovo...
  6. Can't disable Windows Defender - IT Administrator has limited access

Can't disable Windows Defender - IT Administrator has limited access: Hello,I cant disable Windows Defender with the local Administrator account because I got the below message. Could you please help me to solve it?...
  7. Administrator Access Disabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Access Disabled?: I just purchased a Windows 11 pc and set it up yesterday. I ran netplwiz yesterday to disable the need for a password at start-up as this is a family computer and we all just need one sign-in. At start-up this morning I now have two accounts to choose from, both mine attached...
  8. Administrator Access Disabled?

Administrator Access Disabled?: I just purchased a Windows 11 pc and set it up yesterday. I ran netplwiz yesterday to disable the need for a password at start-up as this is a family computer and we all just need one sign-in. At start-up this morning I now have two accounts to choose from, both mine attached...
  9. Windows Defender went missing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender went missing.: Hello, so one time i wanted to check something in Windows Defender. Then i realised that there's no WD icon on right-bottom side bar. Then i went to Windows Defender settings and it's completely blank. It's like there's no information about it. Here are some screens that...
  10. My Defender desktop icon is missing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Defender desktop icon is missing.: My desktop icon for Defender has disappeared...how can I make it display again? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/my-defender-desktop-icon-is-missing/6b78c556-ae52-4423-b5df-06f2f9e14f3d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your it administrator has limitted access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. contact it help disk for more information

2. your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available . contact it helpdesk for more information.

3. windows defender it administrator helpdesk

4. turn on windows defender admin