Windows 10: my defender is not turning on

Discus and support my defender is not turning on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; sir i have turned off my windows defender from regedit to activate my win 10. then after activating my win and then i tried to turn it on from regedit.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by anshul singroha, Oct 25, 2018.

1. my defender is not turning on

sir i have turned off my windows defender from regedit to activate my win 10. then after activating my win and then i tried to turn it on from regedit.
    i putted the value to the initial and restarted my system.....
    but after that my defender is not turning on.
    i tried alot from regedit as well as from group policy but my defender is not on work again...plss help

:)

anshul singroha, Oct 25, 2018

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Oct 25, 2018
  3. windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Oct 25, 2018
  4. my defender is not turning on

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Roger,

Windows Defender is our first line of defense against any spyware or malware infections that may harm our computer. To turn on Windows Defender manually, you may follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.

If it will not turn on manually, you may need to check if the program was set to Automatic in the Services. Please follow the steps that we've provided last September 3, 2017.

Should you have other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

my defender is not turning on

1. my defender is not turning on - Similar Threads - defender turning

2. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  3. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  4. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is Unwanted Potentially App BlockingPUA in Windows Defender settings is turned off by default?

Is Unwanted Potentially App BlockingPUA in Windows Defender settings is turned off by default?: Hi all! I'm a Windows 11 Home Single Language user. To begin with, I formatted my laptop 2 days ago and installed a third-party antivirus, Malwarebytes. Yesterday, I woke my laptop from its sleep mode and noticed that the Windows Defender notification icon at the bottom right...
  6. Is Unwanted Potentially App BlockingPUA in Windows Defender settings is turned off by default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Unwanted Potentially App BlockingPUA in Windows Defender settings is turned off by default?: Hi all! I'm a Windows 11 Home Single Language user. To begin with, I formatted my laptop 2 days ago and installed a third-party antivirus, Malwarebytes. Yesterday, I woke my laptop from its sleep mode and noticed that the Windows Defender notification icon at the bottom right...
  7. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off: Windows 10 - At login I always have to load Total Av as Windows security states Defender and Total AV .are turned off. Evan after loading Total Av again and I receive Total Av cover Windows Security stares they are BOTH off.Regards DG...
  8. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off: Windows 10 - At login I always have to load Total Av as Windows security states Defender and Total AV .are turned off. Evan after loading Total Av again and I receive Total Av cover Windows Security stares they are BOTH off.Regards DG...
  9. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

10. Windows Defender won't turn on even after removing malware threats. Currently trying to use...

Windows Defender won't turn on even after removing malware threats. Currently trying to use...: Hi there, i'm using Windows 11 64-bit and my Windows Defender won't turn on. I didn't notice this until recently. Currently, the threats have been removed using eset online scanner but the problem persists. I've done some googling and found information about defender_diag and...