Windows 10: My dektop PC refuses to boot (neither into BIOS nor Windows)

Discus and support My dektop PC refuses to boot (neither into BIOS nor Windows) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all For some time my computer has had some difficulty logging into BIOS as well as Windows. When I turn it on, it spins up in cycles of 15 - 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeppeArne, Oct 13, 2019.

1. JeppeArne Win User

My dektop PC refuses to boot (neither into BIOS nor Windows)

Hi all

For some time my computer has had some difficulty logging into BIOS as well as Windows. When I turn it on, it spins up in cycles of 15 - 30 seconds, but all that appears on the screen is "No Signal". The blue HDD-led flashes briefly at the beginning of the cycle and again, yet more briefly, towards the end. However, after some trying, the computer may end up booting into BIOS and, after I check out of BIOS, it usually boots into Windows as well.

The last time I tried to access my computer, I used a Windows 10 boot disk, I got a message saying that my computer needed to be repaired, and the error code 0xc000000e. I need to be lucky to get access to the boot disk as well.

In a forum on a different website, I have been advised to make a LinuxLive USB-key to help me get access to and diagnose my computer. However, I could not make my computer access the USB-key I successfully made according to instructions.

I have a lot of photos, luckily not stored on the system participation, but on a different HDD, which I was able to access by installing it in a different computer in the house. However, the folder containing those of my photos which are taken with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40 was completely empty. Of course, I was in shock, and it was an enormous relief when, a couple of days later, I managed to log into Windows on my computer and found that the Lumix DMC-TZ40 photos seemed to be all still there!

I would be very, very happy, if someone could help me get into my computer and -- not least -- get more stable access to my Lumix TC40 photos.

:)

JeppeArne, Oct 13, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Oct 13, 2019
  4. My dektop PC refuses to boot (neither into BIOS nor Windows)

Windows 10 will only boot if selected from the BIOS boot menu.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, every time you need to make changes to Boot Order in BIOS, to start your computer correctly?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suspect that the problem might be due to outdated BIOS update
    or with Boot Configuration data. Suggest you to check for the latest BIOS update and Chipset drivers for your device hardware on Manufacturer website. If you find a new one, try to update the same to see if it correct
    the issue. If problem still persist, then I suggest to rebuild Boot Configuration Data to see if it makes any difference.

Let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool.
    Use your computer or some other connected to Internet for creating a Bootable media (Windows 10 ISO image file). Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options > Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press
      ENTER.
      This command will rebuild boot configuration data if in case any issue with Boot files causing this issue.

Once you done with the above steps, see if the problem still persist.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

My dektop PC refuses to boot (neither into BIOS nor Windows)

1. My dektop PC refuses to boot (neither into BIOS nor Windows) - Similar Threads - dektop refuses boot

2. I changed my system configuration boot settings. Neither my PIN nor command prompt are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my system configuration boot settings. Neither my PIN nor command prompt are...: Hello,I ran into the exact same issue as this one:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-system-configuration-boot-settings/3b618c2e-b5c4-4414-b75e-eb462d2d0dafI followed all the steps mentioned, and at the end, after I created a Windows 11...
  3. I changed my system configuration boot settings. Neither my PIN nor command prompt are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my system configuration boot settings. Neither my PIN nor command prompt are...: Hello,I ran into the exact same issue as this one:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-system-configuration-boot-settings/3b618c2e-b5c4-4414-b75e-eb462d2d0dafI followed all the steps mentioned, and at the end, after I created a Windows 11...
  4. PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10: I HAVE A WINDOWS 10RECENTLY UPGRADED FRM 7 PC AND WITH A GIGABYTE H110M S2 MOTHERBOARD WITH 8GIGS OF RAM.THE PROBLEM IS THAT AN UPGRADE OF WINDOWS CAME AND HALFWAY IT RESTARTED AND SHOWN TO ENABLE SECURE BOOTI DONT REMEMBER PROPERLY AND I DID IT AND IT BOOTED UP AND SHOWED...
  5. PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10: I HAVE A WINDOWS 10RECENTLY UPGRADED FRM 7 PC AND WITH A GIGABYTE H110M S2 MOTHERBOARD WITH 8GIGS OF RAM.THE PROBLEM IS THAT AN UPGRADE OF WINDOWS CAME AND HALFWAY IT RESTARTED AND SHOWN TO ENABLE SECURE BOOTI DONT REMEMBER PROPERLY AND I DID IT AND IT BOOTED UP AND SHOWED...
  6. PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 lets me neither start nor reset my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 lets me neither start nor reset my PC: I have an old Laptop from 2014, originally with Windows 8, I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free. Now i wanted to reset the PC to sell it maybe. When I start it, the Display remains black. (After a short show of the Logo.) when I start it with F12/F8 to start the Windows...
  8. Help!! Installed Ubuntu but now neither Ubunto nor Windows will boot!!

Help!! Installed Ubuntu but now neither Ubunto nor Windows will boot!!: Hello so today i decided to try installing Ubuntu 20.4 on it but now whenever i try booting onto ubuntu it takes forever and doesnt seem to boot anytime soon and when i try to boot into windows it starts preparing a system repair and while i dont mind doing a clean install of...
  9. Neither windows nor explorer search are working

in Cortana
    Neither windows nor explorer search are working: I don't know what caused this but neither Windows search nor Microsoft Explorer Search are working. I click on them and nothing happens. Can anyone help?...
  10. Windows 10 PC refuses to boot

Windows 10 PC refuses to boot: My pc refuses to boot up properly after what I assume was an automatic windows update. My monitor is not receiving an input from the main pc and no, it's not a source issue or a monitor issue nor a cable issue nor will be keyboard and mouse properly function. They receive...