Windows 10: My Dell 7200 tablet will not enter sleep mode

Discus and support My Dell 7200 tablet will not enter sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since my tablet updated it will not sleep. The screen will go dark but tablet stays awake. I tried everything I can think of o resolve this. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SirEdstr, Apr 22, 2021.

1. SirEdstr Win User

My Dell 7200 tablet will not enter sleep mode

Ever since my tablet updated it will not sleep. The screen will go dark but tablet stays awake. I tried everything I can think of o resolve this. I think its a possible driver problem with 20H2 release, but not sure. I finally wiped the HD and reinstalled Win 10 20H2 and all the proper motherboard software and the tablet will not enter sleep mode. I tried rolling back various drivers and still no sleep. I went to Intel website and downloaded their driver update and assistant software and updated 3 drivers and still no sleep. I had this problem on my desktop and my other Dell tablet5179 and wiping and reinstalling Win10 fixed the sleep problem with those two devices. However My Dell 7200 will not enter sleep mode no matter what I try. Does anyone possibly know what causes this sleep problem in Win10 20H2 release?

:)

SirEdstr, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Apr 22, 2021
  3. How do I get back tablet mode? Problem in changing to tablet mode on Nextbook 10

Hello,

• Did you tried to turn ON the Tablet mode from Action Center?
    • Do you get any error message?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps you in turning ON Tablet mode.

There are two options to turn ON the Tablet mode.

Option 1:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
    • Click/tap on Table Mode on the left side, and turn on or off
      Enable tablet mode for what you want.
    Option 2:

• Click/tap on the Action Center system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • At the bottom of the Action Center, click/tap on the Tablet mode button to toggle it
      on (blue) or off (gray) for what you want.
    Keep us posted with the status of Tablet mode issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 22, 2021
  4. My Dell 7200 tablet will not enter sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

My Dell 7200 tablet will not enter sleep mode

1. My Dell 7200 tablet will not enter sleep mode - Similar Threads - Dell 7200 tablet

2. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  3. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  4. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  5. Windows stuck entering sleep mode

Windows stuck entering sleep mode: Hi,I have problems with my laptop entering sleep mode. I have thought the problem is to wake up the computer and I have checked many solutions in this topic but they did not work. It is becoming really annoying because everytime it happens I have to press power button to turn...
  6. Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode: I'm having another problem with my new laptop.I have Windows 10. When I first got the laptop, I was able to put it into sleep mode and it went fully to sleep. You could move the mouse, press any button, lift the lid... it didn't turn on. It was asleep until you pressed the...
  7. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  8. enter tablet mode from lockscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    enter tablet mode from lockscreen: i need tablet mode to unlock my pc, but its on desktop submitted by /u/bobdarobber [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/drhh6q/enter_tablet_mode_from_lockscreen/
  9. Cannot enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot enter sleep mode: Windows 10 is simply not able to enter sleep mode. Whenever I try, the monitor shuts off, but the computer power does not. When I move the mouse, the log-in screen appears (as it would when your computer comes out of sleep). I looked at Windows Event Viewer, and this is...
  10. Screen stays on when entered sleep on tablet.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen stays on when entered sleep on tablet.: I have the acer iocnia w510 (spec), upgraded from 8.1 to win 10 10240. That seemed to go fine, but when now entering sleep mode the screen darkens, but the backlight is still on. Any idea why this happens? 8424