Windows 10: my dell computer was hacked, how do I expunge the virus

Discus and support my dell computer was hacked, how do I expunge the virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my dell computer was hacked via an email, how do I clean it up?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gregoryfabian, Feb 26, 2020.

1. my dell computer was hacked, how do I expunge the virus

my dell computer was hacked via an email, how do I clean it up?

:)

gregoryfabian, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

Virus on a Dell laptop computer

You posted in the Win 7 forum.

So you have a new Dell computer with a Win 7 operating system? Did you seek advice from Dell?

Why do you think you have a virus?

What antivirus program is installed in your computer?
    Did you seek their advice?

If you think your computer has a virus suggest you scan with two or more of the scanners in
    List
    of Malware Removal Tools

OR

See Remove Viruses, Trojans & Malware from Windows PC (Free Guide)
    Note that you may need to reset your browsers.

How To Reset Internet Explorer To Its Default Settings (2019 Guide)

How to reset Chrome settings to default (2020 Guide)

How to reset Firefox settings to default (2020 Guide)

http://www.howtogeek.com/237527/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

But if you prefer direct assistance from MS suggest contact
    Microsoft Support

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    BROWSER HACK VIRUS

Did you scan with Adwcleaner and the Emsisoft Emergency Kit?

Did you follow all of the suggested steps in How to remove SafeSearch.net & SafeSearch Search (Mac & Windows) to include scanning
    with Zemana, Malwarebytes and if necessary with Hitman Pro?

The scanners that have been recommended should work on "Safesearch" hijacker and also on "some other virus."

Did you reset your browsers as suggested in my previous post?

If you do not wish to use the independent scanners (listed above) that I use when removing adware and PUPS from computers and you do not want to reset your browsers then you may want to reset your computer. Before considering this option suggest you
    carefully review https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Alternatively you can obtain premium support from MS at http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com

Or

You may wish take your computer to a professional computer repair technician.

Regards...

Le Boule, Feb 26, 2020
  4. my dell computer was hacked, how do I expunge the virus

computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

my dell computer was hacked, how do I expunge the virus

1. my dell computer was hacked, how do I expunge the virus - Similar Threads - dell computer was

2. How do I remove the BBWC virus on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the BBWC virus on my computer?: Hello! I'm using a Windows 11 Home. I currently have a virus on my computer, or some sort of thing installed that is affecting my search engine. I've done some research on this and I know I need to remove it. When I go to the control panel and try to uninstall it, it tells me...
  3. How do I remove the BBWC virus on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the BBWC virus on my computer?: Hello! I'm using a Windows 11 Home. I currently have a virus on my computer, or some sort of thing installed that is affecting my search engine. I've done some research on this and I know I need to remove it. When I go to the control panel and try to uninstall it, it tells me...
  4. Virus and hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and hacked: My computer was locked out 3 days ago and they asked me to call a Microsoft number to fix it. When I called that number a guy named Bryan Brown who also gave me his HP ID # picked up and said my computer has been attacked by hackers and now it has several viruses. He asked me...
  5. Virus and hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and hacked: My computer was locked out 3 days ago and they asked me to call a Microsoft number to fix it. When I called that number a guy named Bryan Brown who also gave me his HP ID # picked up and said my computer has been attacked by hackers and now it has several viruses. He asked me...
  6. Virus and hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove a trojan virus from my computer?: ive tried to remove the virus but its not gone someone please help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-trojan-virus-from-my-computer/4b866c11-cfab-4955-a67f-bb390077ea3d
  8. Virus hacked

Virus hacked: First of all I am not happy with yous or those pretending to be you. It's happened 3 time that the warning alerts went on my computer. The last 2 were two weeks apart, after each time they get the warning off but then they ask personal things that aren't their business. This...
  9. Do I have a virus or has someone hacked my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do I have a virus or has someone hacked my computer?: A month ago my Windows 10 desktop started acting really slow and when I started it I couldn't connect to the internet unless I rebooted it. I thought maybe it was AVG Antivirus that was causing the problem so I uninstalled it and I was able to connect to the internet. Then...
  10. Is my computer virused/hacked if...?

Is my computer virused/hacked if...?: Pretty much title. So to give out some context, I recently opened a file I scanned on virus total and 11 engines detected it. Although, I still ran it because hear me out, my friend ran it with no problems, and I also ran it with no problems before resetting my Windows. I'm...