Windows 10: My Dell Inspirion Windows 10 computer does not show my attached hard drive for Windows Backup.

Discus and support My Dell Inspirion Windows 10 computer does not show my attached hard drive for Windows Backup. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The drive shows on the system though... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Judy 724, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Judy 724 Win User

My Dell Inspirion Windows 10 computer does not show my attached hard drive for Windows Backup.

The drive shows on the system though

:)

Judy 724, Dec 1, 2018
  2. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Windows 10

its already there. there is a hard set factory image from samsung. problem is it takes a long time to get that backup into the drive again and destroys the C drive data.

so looks like i wont be trying windows 10 anytime soon *Stick Out Tongue My Dell Inspirion Windows 10 computer does not show my attached hard drive for Windows Backup. :p

de.das.dude, Dec 1, 2018
  4. My Dell Inspirion Windows 10 computer does not show my attached hard drive for Windows Backup.

Partitioning Hard Drives to run windows and linux

Hi All,

I have a tower with two hard drives. Until now I have been running windows on the first drive and using the second drive as backup. Now I reformatted the backup drive and installed Fedora Core. The installation was successful but how do I get the computer to boot from that drive? I'm in the BIOS and I see where the windows-platform drive is listed as my primary. I scrolled up to this line in the BIOS and tried pressing the spacebar, the return key, the left and right arrows but nothing will change the windows drive to the linux drive.

Can anyone tell me precisely and specifically how to make this change? Help is much appreciated. Thanks!

DanSandbergUCONN, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

My Dell Inspirion Windows 10 computer does not show my attached hard drive for Windows Backup.

1. My Dell Inspirion Windows 10 computer does not show my attached hard drive for Windows Backup. - Similar Threads - Dell Inspirion computer

2. Trying to install windows 10 on my dell inspirion 3647 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install windows 10 on my dell inspirion 3647 desktop: Trying to install windows 10 on my dell inspirion 3647 desktop and i cant get past the install drivers screen ive went to the support drivers and downloads page for Dell and downloaded every driver used separate usb drive but windows isnt seeing them and they dont show up or...
  3. Trying to install windows 10 on my dell inspirion 3647 desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install windows 10 on my dell inspirion 3647 desktop: Trying to install windows 10 on my dell inspirion 3647 desktop and i cant get past the install drivers screen ive went to the support drivers and downloads page for Dell and downloaded every driver used separate usb drive but windows isnt seeing them and they dont show up or...
  4. Trying to install windows 10 on my dell inspirion 3647 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive: Hi, My windows PC is not detecting my HDD correctly. In the file backup section of settings, the hard drive is not detected when trying to add a drive to back up to. Also windows sees it as a "USB" device insted of a "HDD" Drive. The Hard Drive is the only drive I have that...
  6. Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive: Hi, My windows PC is not detecting my HDD correctly. In the file backup section of settings, the hard drive is not detected when trying to add a drive to back up to. Also windows sees it as a "USB" device insted of a "HDD" Drive. The Hard Drive is the only drive I have that...
  7. Windows 10 File Backup not Detecting My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. external hard drive not showing in my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not showing in my computer: My seagate hard drive is not showing in my computer,also light on hard drive is not blinking. But it is showing in devices and printers. When I try to safely remove it nothing happens ,and after removing the hard drive, pop up comes "problem ejecting usb attached SCSIUAS mass...
  9. Attached hard drive does is not displayed in my network.

Attached hard drive does is not displayed in my network.: I can't access it. It DOES, however, show that it is attached when I go to settings for Bluetooth and Other Devices. Ideas; suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attached-hard-drive-does-is-not-displayed-in-my/be1c92d5-975e-44fd-a38e-06d52b794e12
  10. One of my hard drives does not show up on My Computer page

One of my hard drives does not show up on My Computer page: Hello So I've been having an issue with a drive on windows ten. Last night i noticed when accessing the contents for it, explorer would hang and stop responding and eventually like 20 minutes later it would actually load. Now today the drive doesn't show up in the list...