Windows 10: My dell laptop all of a sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows udpate. I cannot find...

Discus and support My dell laptop all of a sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows udpate. I cannot find... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My dell laptop all of s sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows update. I cannot find it in my Microsoft account. Also, nobody else set up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by santosh_yadav, May 6, 2021.

1. My dell laptop all of a sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows udpate. I cannot find...

My dell laptop all of s sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows update. I cannot find it in my Microsoft account. Also, nobody else set up my windows 10. Setup was done by me but I never enable bitlocker. Everyone keeps redirecting me to https://onedrive.live.com/recoverykey but that is useless as it doesn't have bitlocker key. Please let me know if anyone can help me with getting my bitlocker key and start the windows on my laptop.

:)

santosh_yadav, May 6, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, May 6, 2021
  3. Asking Bitlocker key

Dell Inspiron 5000 Series laptop asking for bitlocker key while booting which i did not activated.. If somebody can help me out to bypass this or any method to deactivate the locked laptop. Thanks in advance

PankajShukla, May 6, 2021
  4. pj04 Win User

My dell laptop all of a sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows udpate. I cannot find...

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

My dell laptop all of a sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows udpate. I cannot find... [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

My dell laptop all of a sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows udpate. I cannot find... [​IMG]

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

pj04, May 6, 2021
Thema:

My dell laptop all of a sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows udpate. I cannot find...

1. My dell laptop all of a sudden asking for bitlocker key after windows udpate. I cannot find... - Similar Threads - dell laptop sudden

2. I cannot find my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find my bitlocker recovery key: I cannot find the bitlocker recovery key for my laptop. I tried going to my Microsoft account but it says there are no Bitlocker recovery keys associated with my account. As my Mom bought the laptop, I tried checking her account but there were no Bitlocker keys either. I...
  3. I cannot find my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot find my bitlocker recovery key: I cannot find the bitlocker recovery key for my laptop. I tried going to my Microsoft account but it says there are no Bitlocker recovery keys associated with my account. As my Mom bought the laptop, I tried checking her account but there were no Bitlocker keys either. I...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is asking after changing the mother board in dell laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is asking after changing the mother board in dell laptop?: Recently, I have changed mother board in my dell laptop. But it is asking for bitlocker recovery key. I have never enabled bitlocker before changing the mother board, so, I don't have any backup for bitlocker recovery key. How can bypass the bitlocker recovery key so that i...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key is asking after changing the mother board in dell laptop?

Bitlocker recovery key is asking after changing the mother board in dell laptop?: Recently, I have changed mother board in my dell laptop. But it is asking for bitlocker recovery key. I have never enabled bitlocker before changing the mother board, so, I don't have any backup for bitlocker recovery key. How can bypass the bitlocker recovery key so that i...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key is asking after changing the mother board in dell laptop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. HP laptop suddenly asked for bitlocker recovery key after updating on windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop suddenly asked for bitlocker recovery key after updating on windows 11.: I just updated my laptop and suddenly got a message that I need to enter a recovery key. However, I have never set up a BitLocker recovery key and I think it was enabled through the update which has now locked all of my data. I have a lot of coding that I have saved onto my...
  8. HP laptop suddenly asked for bitlocker recovery key after updating on windows 11.

HP laptop suddenly asked for bitlocker recovery key after updating on windows 11.: I just updated my laptop and suddenly got a message that I need to enter a recovery key. However, I have never set up a BitLocker recovery key and I think it was enabled through the update which has now locked all of my data. I have a lot of coding that I have saved onto my...
  9. Dell Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker Recovery Key after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dell Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker Recovery Key after update: Have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Win-10 Home and automatic updates turned on. After a recent update, I cannot log on to the machine. Keeps asking for a Recovery Key and we've not done anything to encrypt the drive. What is Microsoft trying to do? Tried to uninstall last...
  10. my laptop is asking for the bitlock recovery key - where do i find this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my laptop is asking for the bitlock recovery key - where do i find this?: my laptop just loads with a blue bitlocker screen & is asking me to enter the recovery key - where is this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-asking-for-the-bitlock-recovery-key/8ddf3349-eb79-4878-be99-ca831401db27