Windows 10: My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone

Discus and support My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am having some issues with my headset. I have Dell G7 laptop with Realtek audio. Whenever I connect my headset my laptop can't recognize it and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gekarlt, Oct 6, 2019.

1. gekarlt Win User

My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone

Hi, I am having some issues with my headset. I have Dell G7 laptop with Realtek audio. Whenever I connect my headset my laptop can't recognize it and I have to restart my computer. After restart, only headphones work but microphone stays undetected. I tried to reinstall realtek drivers but it didn't work out. I also tried to roll back drivers and nothing..
    When I go to "Sounds" under "Recording/Microphone/General" under "Jack Information" it says that there is only "Digital Jack" readable and that's my built-in microphone but I want my external mic to work which is attached to my headphones connected to my pc via 3.5mm jack. Is there any way I can fix it? Please help! I looked everywhere and I couldn't find a solution.

:)

gekarlt, Oct 6, 2019

2. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Oct 6, 2019
  4. My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone

External Microphone Problem

I have the same problem on an HP laptop. I've looked for hours on forums, gone through all the troubleshooting steps on the HP help page for this issue, reinstalled/updated drivers, checked the microphone privacy setting, ran troubleshooting, etcetera.

I'm running Windows10 on an HP laptop, and it refuses to see the microphone on the 3.5mm combo jack. The microphone works fine on an older Dell laptop with a dedicated microphone jack.

Very frustrating, as even the HP help page notes that external microphones should work on the combo jack.

Jeroen van der Valk, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone

1. My dell laptop cannot detect external microphone - Similar Threads - dell laptop cannot

2. How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?: Hi there,I am currently using an Acer laptop Nitro 5, and have Windows 11 installed. I recently bought a new earpiece which comes with an external microphone. However, when I go to the audio settings, the only input option is "Microphone Array", which is the option for the...
  3. How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my laptop to detect an external microphone?: Hi there,I am currently using an Acer laptop Nitro 5, and have Windows 11 installed. I recently bought a new earpiece which comes with an external microphone. However, when I go to the audio settings, the only input option is "Microphone Array", which is the option for the...
  4. My cannot detect the headset microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cannot detect the headset microphone: Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and had some problems with the audio. I have a headset with a built-in microphone. However, the computer can detect the headphones, but not the microphone. Is there anything I can do so that I can detect it?...
  5. My cannot detect the headset microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My cannot detect the headset microphone: Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and had some problems with the audio. I have a headset with a built-in microphone. However, the computer can detect the headphones, but not the microphone. Is there anything I can do so that I can detect it?...
  6. My cannot detect the headset microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Internal and External Microphone Not Detected

Internal and External Microphone Not Detected: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 and I'm running a Windows Version of 10.0.19042 Build 19042. Both internal and external microphones are not being detected. All drivers are fully updated using the Dell SupportAssist app. I've attached a screenshot to describe this issue....
  8. windows not detecting external microphone

windows not detecting external microphone: I am using a remax 195 hb headset which was working fine untill suddenly it's microphone is not detecting, I have tested the headset on other device and there its microphone is working just fine. But when connected to laptop hp 450 g4 its speaker is working just fine but...
  9. my computer is not detecting my external microphone

my computer is not detecting my external microphone: I have a ko8-2 microphone from Zeal Sound and my computer refuses to detect it I've tried to run mmsys.cpl as well as winver I cant uninstall the driver because the device does not even show up in the sound video and game controllers tab I've followed multiple threads to no...
  10. Windows can't detect my external microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows can't detect my external microphone: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 but I didn't like the built in mic for the purpose that I want to use it for so I bought an external mic, but windows can't detect my external mic. Does anyone have any suggestions? I think I tried everything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell g7 doesbt detect external mic