Windows 10: My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

Discus and support My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't have access to the product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Irfan Malik1, Jun 5, 2023.

1. My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

I don't have access to the product key.

:)

Irfan Malik1, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jun 5, 2023
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

1. My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10.... - Similar Threads - dell laptop preinstalled

2. My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....: I don't have access to the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-had-windows-8-preinstalled-on-it-i/f1007b0a-b880-408e-9308-1f70ee33b53d
  3. My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My dell laptop had windows 8 preinstalled on it. I updated to free version of Windows 10....: I don't have access to the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-had-windows-8-preinstalled-on-it-i/f1007b0a-b880-408e-9308-1f70ee33b53d
  4. Is there a way to update window 8 to 10 for free? I missed the free update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to update window 8 to 10 for free? I missed the free update.: Is there a way to update window 8 to 10 for free? I missed the free update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-update-window-8-to-10-for-free-i/97f83db5-8a54-42cb-b509-93c53f7fc7cf
  5. Is there a way to update window 8 to 10 for free? I missed the free update.

Is there a way to update window 8 to 10 for free? I missed the free update.: Is there a way to update window 8 to 10 for free? I missed the free update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-update-window-8-to-10-for-free-i/97f83db5-8a54-42cb-b509-93c53f7fc7cf
  6. had windows 7 on my laptop upgraded to windows 10 for free i had to totaly reset my laptop...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    had windows 7 on my laptop upgraded to windows 10 for free i had to totaly reset my laptop...: upgraded my laptop from windows7 to 10 when the offer was on but had to reset my laptop back to factory settings how can i get windows 10 back without buying a product key to activate windows 10...
  7. had windows 7 on my laptop upgraded to windows 10 for free i had to totaly reset my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    had windows 7 on my laptop upgraded to windows 10 for free i had to totaly reset my laptop...: upgraded my laptop from windows7 to 10 when the offer was on but had to reset my laptop back to factory settings how can i get windows 10 back without buying a product key to activate windows 10...
  8. had windows 7 on my laptop upgraded to windows 10 for free i had to totaly reset my laptop...

9. When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version....: When I bought my computer it had Windows 8 then I upgraded to the free Windows 10 version. Where can I locate my code? I need to reinstall Windows 10 due to some computer issues and missing .dll files....
  10. I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in...: Split from this thread. I have a hp laptop with preinstalled windows 8 on it. I purchased the windows 10 upgrade in 2018. I would like to install it, but I do not know how, and do I have to erase the windows 8 version before or after installing the upgrade? I have a laptop...