Windows 10: My dell laptop is not recognize the charger and won't charge

Discus and support My dell laptop is not recognize the charger and won't charge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have to go into settings and uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, then the problem is solved and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Foresthome54, Jan 10, 2019.

1. My dell laptop is not recognize the charger and won't charge

I have to go into settings and uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, then the problem is solved and I can charge my battery. I keep finding these reinstalled and having to uninstall them again to get my battery to charge. Is there a fix for this?

:)

Foresthome54, Jan 10, 2019

2. battery not charging or 1 minute to full charge

Doesn't seem to be the charger cause - after last time of unloading and reloading the battery monitoring software and taking and putting the battery back in, without touching the charger - then the battery charged up to 100%. Tried all the other stuff too - to no avail. It's just pretty weird with the inconsistencies - sometimes the techniques suggested on the forums work - and sometimes they don't. Pretty frustrating. Interesting though that Windows 8.1 had same issue, so I won;t try going back there to solve the problem. I'm beginning to think that there is some incompatibility between Dell laptops and Windows drivers that is at the root of this -but not so often that either company thinks that a fix is in order.

batteryrod, Jan 10, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    Dell Laptop charge problem

It charges with a Dell 65W thing... Tried it at a friends house for 5 minutes

Someone said at Dell Forums: It's very common with many notebooks, not just Dells. The manufacturer's charger has a circuit inside that completes the battery charger circuit.

If you want to charge the battery, you will need a Dell adapter.

Which universal charger do you use?

n-ster, Jan 10, 2019
  4. My dell laptop is not recognize the charger and won't charge

Battery Charger for a Dell Laptop

My friend just gave me a Dell Inspiron 600M Laptop which did work last time he used it, but that was a couple years ago. He no longer has the battery charger for it and I know I can easily buy another one for it. I have two questions: Could there be any long-term effects to the battery for not being charged for over a year or 2? ....and (this is a long shot) would the battery charger from my old Gateway Laptop work on this Dell 600M?

My dell laptop is not recognize the charger and won't charge CIMG9929.jpg

t77snapshot, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

My dell laptop is not recognize the charger and won't charge

1. My dell laptop is not recognize the charger and won't charge - Similar Threads - dell laptop recognize

2. my laptop doesn't recognize the Dell charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop doesn't recognize the Dell charger: my laptop doesn't recognize the Dell charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-recognize-the-dell-charger/8f9f17c7-7202-4844-ac45-2e469115d6f6
  3. my laptop doesn't recognize the Dell charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop doesn't recognize the Dell charger: my laptop doesn't recognize the Dell charger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-doesnt-recognize-the-dell-charger/8f9f17c7-7202-4844-ac45-2e469115d6f6
  4. Why is my laptop's charger no longer charging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop's charger no longer charging?: Basically i was playing VALORANT on my laptop when i a notification that my battery is low and it was at 7%, At first i thought nothing of it, but after 20 minutes it's still at 7%, i just shutted it down and made it do it's thing, but when i booted it, it gave me an...
  5. Why is my laptop's charger no longer charging?

Why is my laptop's charger no longer charging?: Basically i was playing VALORANT on my laptop when i a notification that my battery is low and it was at 7%, At first i thought nothing of it, but after 20 minutes it's still at 7%, i just shutted it down and made it do it's thing, but when i booted it, it gave me an...
  6. Why is my laptop's charger no longer charging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Dell laptop not charging

Dell laptop not charging: My dell laptop wont charge, but will power on when i take the battery out and plug the laptop ini have already tried hard reset didnt work someone please tell me whats going onanother thing to note , i scanned the battery with support assist and said there was a warning...
  8. Dell laptop not charging

Dell laptop not charging: My dell laptop wont charge, but will power on when i take the battery out and plug the laptop ini have already tried hard reset didnt work someone please tell me whats going onanother thing to note , i scanned the battery with support assist and said there was a warning...
  9. Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't charge after unplugging, charger is fine.: Windows 10 HOME - 19041.450 Laptop : HP 250 G5 W4M71EA BIOS VER F.45 BIOS VENDOR Insyde Charger works fine. Indicators show white light when turned on and orange when turned off and battery is plugged in. Resetting BIOS settings to default makes the charger work fine until...
  10. Dell laptop not charging

Dell laptop not charging: My Dell inspiron won`t charge. Says plugged in not charging. Replaced battery with new and tried another charger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-not-charging/27b3e760-4cc8-4d1e-9baf-36d913a44d2c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell laptop not recognizing battery charger acpi driver

2. dell charger not recognized

3. dell laptop adapter charger not recognized

4. dell charger not recognising,
  5. sometimes dell laptop wont recognize charger,
  6. dell laptop not recognizing charger,
  7. dell laptop charger not recognized,
  8. my dell laptop wont charge,
  9. should my laptop recognise a phone charger