Windows 10: My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

Discus and support My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My dell laptop has been misbehaving and its so frustrating. You can't move when using it because you move a certain way and it goes off. There's a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tabitha, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Tabitha Win User

My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

My dell laptop has been misbehaving and its so frustrating. You can't move when using it because you move a certain way and it goes off. There's a way that you touch the bottom- for lack of a better word and it goes off and restarts and so does the screen.
    Then there are other moments when it just hangs, out of nowhere and for no apparent reason.

:)

Tabitha, Dec 15, 2016

2. My NEW Dell laptop keeps restarting randomly (Windows 10)

Do you see an error message when this happens? Like "blue screen of death" error message?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 15, 2016
  3. My NEW Dell laptop keeps restarting randomly (Windows 10)

Hi Gina,

If the description provided by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] matches with the issue that you're encountering, more likely, it's a hardware-related problem. We recommend that you get in touch with your device manufacturer for further assistance
    regarding your concern. They have enough tools and resources to fix this issue.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Dec 15, 2016
  4. My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

Not sure which Dell laptop you have but something isn't seated right or some corrosion has developed. If you google "your spefic laptop, disassemble video" you will likely find one or more videos. Not everyone is comfortable performing such an operation, some are a real chore and you have to be aware of static. In the north the furnaces are on and static electricity is way up. If you want to be sure you need to buy an anti-static band that you ground and wear. You may need some special drivers .... and patience.

If you don't want to buy an anti static band you need to sit down, ground yourself and try not to touch objects on the connectors. The anti static band is strongly recommended. Static can destroy, and I do mean destroy components like memory.

You may want to find a good repair shop that will investigate, estimate and handle the repair. Hopefully reseating will resolve. It maybe a broken solder joint which likely means full replacement.

Make sure your data is backed up before letting anyone work on your device.

Sorry I couldn't just say, do this.

Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

1. My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting - Similar Threads - dell laptop keeps

2. Dell Laptop keeps entering Bitlocker after every restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Laptop keeps entering Bitlocker after every restart: HiEvery time I try to turn on my laptop it enters the Bitlocker recovery screen. I enter my recovery key and try to continue through but every time it restarts it still opens the Bitlocker recovery screen. I’m so confused why it’s doing this. If anyone can give me any tips on...
  3. My laptop keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps restarting: I was on my laptop and no apps would open, I suspected it was probably something I had just downloaded that I don’t believe was a virus but I went to uninstall it and file explorer wouldn’t open, to get rid of it I reset my laptop as it didn’t have much installed on it...
  4. My laptop keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps restarting: I was on my laptop and no apps would open, I suspected it was probably something I had just downloaded that I don’t believe was a virus but I went to uninstall it and file explorer wouldn’t open, to get rid of it I reset my laptop as it didn’t have much installed on it...
  5. restart the computer error on my Dell laptop

restart the computer error on my Dell laptop: windows cannot complete installation in safe mode, To continue installing windows, restart the computer error on my Dell laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-the-computer-error-on-my-dell-laptop/c159f941-d0d8-43d5-b3e3-3c328fe472be
  6. My dell laptop keeps restarting when i try to install the windows.

My dell laptop keeps restarting when i try to install the windows.: So recently i reseted my laptop because it was slow.I did not make any backup because i didnt want to save any of my files. I have downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool from another device on a usb stick, I have plugged in the stick in the laptop and it seems like it...
  7. My laptop keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop keeps restarting: So I was formatting my laptop and accidentally clicked the 2nd option that says "remove files and clean the drive", now it just keeps restarting because the drive is cleaned, anyone has any idea how can my laptop be saved? I really don't wanna buy a new one. Thanks....
  8. Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell SupportAssist keep restarting my computer: I dont know why but right after I install this program it automatically restarts my computer nonstop until I remove the program completely. This is not happening with other programs....
  9. My laptop keeps restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps restarting.: Today, I just updated my laptop. However, after the update my laptop tells me that Windows 10 has run into a problem and will automatically restart in one minute. There is also another message that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  10. My laptop keeps restarting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop keeps restarting.: At first it only restarted when I tried to login. Then, it restarted after I restarted. Now it brings me to the choose an option screen where the options are continue, use a device, troubleshoot, or turn off your pc. I just atarted doing this randomly so I don't know what...