Windows 10: My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

Discus and support My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My dell laptop has been misbehaving and its so frustrating. You can't move when using it because you move a certain way and it goes off. There's a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tabitha, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Tabitha Win User

My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

My dell laptop has been misbehaving and its so frustrating. You can't move when using it because you move a certain way and it goes off. There's a way that you touch the bottom- for lack of a better word and it goes off and restarts and so does the screen.
    Then there are other moments when it just hangs, out of nowhere and for no apparent reason.

:)

Tabitha, Dec 15, 2016

2. My NEW Dell laptop keeps restarting randomly (Windows 10)

Do you see an error message when this happens? Like "blue screen of death" error message?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 15, 2016
  3. My NEW Dell laptop keeps restarting randomly (Windows 10)

Hi Gina,

If the description provided by Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] matches with the issue that you're encountering, more likely, it's a hardware-related problem. We recommend that you get in touch with your device manufacturer for further assistance
    regarding your concern. They have enough tools and resources to fix this issue.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Dec 15, 2016
  4. My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

Not sure which Dell laptop you have but something isn't seated right or some corrosion has developed. If you google "your spefic laptop, disassemble video" you will likely find one or more videos. Not everyone is comfortable performing such an operation, some are a real chore and you have to be aware of static. In the north the furnaces are on and static electricity is way up. If you want to be sure you need to buy an anti-static band that you ground and wear. You may need some special drivers .... and patience.

If you don't want to buy an anti static band you need to sit down, ground yourself and try not to touch objects on the connectors. The anti static band is strongly recommended. Static can destroy, and I do mean destroy components like memory.

You may want to find a good repair shop that will investigate, estimate and handle the repair. Hopefully reseating will resolve. It maybe a broken solder joint which likely means full replacement.

Make sure your data is backed up before letting anyone work on your device.

Sorry I couldn't just say, do this.

Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting

1. My dell laptop keeps hanging and restarting - Similar Threads - dell laptop keeps

2. Laptop Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Keeps Restarting: After a Few Minutes of Being on My Laptop I get a screen that says PC error and needs to restart, which it does. Something about a Stopcode. However it Keeps Doing This. How can I Fix It From Happening. Also I have a 3 in Black Horizontal line near the Top Left Corner of...
  3. My laptop will not restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop will not restart: Hi, running Windows 1809 My HP laptop works fine, however if I try to restart it, it will not it, just sits there on the blue screen with the restarting log and never restarts. I have left it for over an hour with no result. How can I fix this? (I ran the check for...
  4. My pc keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc keeps restarting: My father gave me a old computer and a little later the pc couldnt start on it got to the first step when its all black only the windows logo and the dots but them it showthat someghong went wrong the pc just restarted then it showed diagnosting the pc then tabt the pc didnt...
  5. My Laptop keeps restarting randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop keeps restarting randomly: So this has been going on a while now, everytime I log on and go on my laptop it randomly restarts and I don't know why. Like, i'll have 10 maybe 14 minutes of time on it before it restarts. It would say 'restarting' with that little circle going around it then it restarts...
  6. My laptop keeps restarting.

My laptop keeps restarting.: Today, I just updated my laptop. However, after the update my laptop tells me that Windows 10 has run into a problem and will automatically restart in one minute. There is also another message that says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not...
  7. My laptop keep restarting every 3 seconds

My laptop keep restarting every 3 seconds: I reseted my laptop and while it was resetting I turned off the pc,when I turned it on the laptop kept restarting every 3 seconds please someone help Laptop type:Asus Sonicmaster core i3...
  8. My laptop keeps restarting.

My laptop keeps restarting.: At first it only restarted when I tried to login. Then, it restarted after I restarted. Now it brings me to the choose an option screen where the options are continue, use a device, troubleshoot, or turn off your pc. I just atarted doing this randomly so I don't know what...
  9. My laptop freezes and hangs

My laptop freezes and hangs: I bought a Dell Windows laptop in late November - didn't use it until January of this year. I couldn't believe how often it froze and even blue-screened a few times. Dell kept working on it for 6 months - used about 30 hours of my time - they couldn't fix it and wouldn't...
  10. Hanging at 'Restarting'

Hanging at 'Restarting': My Windows 10 PC hangs at the 'Restarting' screen when installing updates or just restarting the computer. It eventually completes the update or restart, but it takes far too long. The computer is a year old and did not do this until after an update several months ago. How...