Windows 10: My Dell laptop only detects earbuds/headphones being plugged in on startup

Discus and support My Dell laptop only detects earbuds/headphones being plugged in on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i have earbuds plugged in and havent restarted my laptop, sound plays externally. I have tried everything to reinstalling drivers and wiping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by August##, Mar 9, 2021.

1. August## Win User

My Dell laptop only detects earbuds/headphones being plugged in on startup

Whenever i have earbuds plugged in and havent restarted my laptop, sound plays externally. I have tried everything to reinstalling drivers and wiping the laptop clean. It just randomly started doing this out of the blue so every time i plug in a audio device i have to restart it or it will not detect it. What can I do to fix this?

:)

August##, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Windbrand Win User

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Mar 9, 2021
  4. My Dell laptop only detects earbuds/headphones being plugged in on startup

Will not detect headphones

My Acer laptop’s headphone jack has stopped detecting headphones or earbuds inserted into it. It worked not too long ago and now it doesn’t detect any audio device that is inserted. The sounds just comes out of the speakers even when other audio devices
    are plugged in. I’ve looked up and tried many solutions but none of them have worked. This is very annoying and hope someone has an idea on how to fix this.

kinseyboze, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

My Dell laptop only detects earbuds/headphones being plugged in on startup

1. My Dell laptop only detects earbuds/headphones being plugged in on startup - Similar Threads - Dell laptop detects

2. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  3. My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My speakers are detected but not even plugged and My headphones are plugged but not detected: I have a realtk driver and i'm on windows 10Windows detects my speakers and enables it although it's not even plugged.It doesn't detect my headphones and it's plugged and my microphone tooIn the front panel.I tried to switch to Windows original high defnition audio driver but...
  4. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  5. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...: I suspect this may be a hardware problem since I opened up my PC to clean it and bumped the headphone jack cable where it connected to the motherboard, and there were no Windows updates or installations that happened that could be the culprit, however I did make sure the...
  6. Headphones detected with nothing plugged in; only Mic being detected when headphones ARE...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: My headphone jack wont detect any headphones being plugged into it. Ive tried my headphones on other computers so i know these work. When i plug them in i get Line In Realtek audio coming up as an input device but the headphones wont show up in output devices. Please...
  8. Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.

Headphone jack wont detect headphones being plugged into it.: I've updated every audio related driver I can find and searched for help for literal days and I can't find a solution that works. This issue started one morning for seemingly no reason. There was no windows update or anything unless it was just a background one and all of a...
  9. Earbuds not detected while plugged in.

Earbuds not detected while plugged in.: About 3 or 4 months ago, I bought a new MSI laptop MSI GL75 9SD, i7-9750H, x64-based, GTX 1660Ti and this problem has always existed. I haven't upgraded my OS from Win8>Win10 or anything, it was Windows 10 Home when I bought it. Whenever I plug in my earbuds, there is no sign...
  10. realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in

realtek not detecting headphones after being plugged in: I have a dell laptop and after a windows 10 update, realtek is not detecting my headphones when plugged in. Before, I would receive a notification saying that a device was plugged in. Now nothing is showing up and no sound is coming from the headphones; only from the speakers...