Windows 10: My dell laptop seems to be infected with virus and malware. Couldn't remove them even after...

Discus and support My dell laptop seems to be infected with virus and malware. Couldn't remove them even after... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, Please help. My windows 10 laptop shows $RECYCLE.BIN and $1Recycle.Bin folders in C and D drives. There are few more unknown files in random... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shreekant B, May 3, 2020.

1. My dell laptop seems to be infected with virus and malware. Couldn't remove them even after...

Hi all,

Please help. My windows 10 laptop shows $RECYCLE.BIN and $1Recycle.Bin folders in C and D drives. There are few more unknown files in random locations of program files and don't know where else ! My C drive automatically keeps filling up and the free space is decreasing gradually. I have tried multiple options like using a purchased antivirus named NPAV, which seems inefficient and local, installed free version of Malwarebyte which detected 94 PUP and other types of files I don't know what they are and everytime it kept me showing a message that there are 94 threats and I clicked quarantine each time. But after the free trial ended...I did not purchase the licence of malwarebytes and all those files are still lying in my laptop. My windows defender is off and when I try to switch it on it says ''your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization''. I don't understand what does this mean, which organization is protecting my system ?

I am totally puzzled now about how to clean my computer and begin afresh with only one most powerful antivirus and antimalware installed.

I request all the expert members...please help with your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards.

:)

Shreekant B, May 3, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, May 3, 2020
  3. Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection for Windows 10

Microsoft recommends the use of its own products and sites.

>
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/products

There does not exist 1 security product which is THE best and which will catch each and every infection..

Whenever you think that your computer might be infected you can run on-demand scans with some of the products listed here:

List of Malware Removal Tools

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, May 3, 2020
  4. My dell laptop seems to be infected with virus and malware. Couldn't remove them even after...

remove a virus

1) Do steps 1, 2 and 5 in this multi-step removal guide:
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-potentially-unwanted-program/

2) Do not download anything from the link (pcrisk) which another user previously posted. It's one of those SpyHunter pushing sites. SpyHunter is a commercial program which is absolutely not recommended here in Microsoft Community.

3) Suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, May 3, 2020
Thema:

My dell laptop seems to be infected with virus and malware. Couldn't remove them even after...

1. My dell laptop seems to be infected with virus and malware. Couldn't remove them even after... - Similar Threads - dell laptop seems

2. is my laptop infected with a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is my laptop infected with a virus?: Hi, My laptop is a Lenovo intel Celeron rom 4gb ram 1 tb. I've been using this laptop since 2019 but since last year its been slow. especially after a threat was detected on my system. i used the offline windows defender to clear out threats but that has made my laptop...
  3. is my laptop infected with a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is my laptop infected with a virus?: Hi, My laptop is a Lenovo intel Celeron rom 4gb ram 1 tb. I've been using this laptop since 2019 but since last year its been slow. especially after a threat was detected on my system. i used the offline windows defender to clear out threats but that has made my laptop...
  4. Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware Help - Infected by 'Redeemer' ransomware virus: I was just using my PC until it suddenly restarted, I thought it was a simple malfunction until I saw that it had been rebooted into Windows 10 Safe Mode I am using Windows 10 OSI am trying to access basic Windows 10 functions that should still work in Safe Mode such as the...
  5. Remove Viruses and malwares

Remove Viruses and malwares: Does removing all files and reinstalling windows 10 remove viruses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-viruses-and-malwares/613ca87a-cf46-416e-bb94-1aeeec48b11a
  6. Computer infected with Trojan Virus and Malware

Computer infected with Trojan Virus and Malware: My computer has a problem as it has been infected with Trojan virus and malware and adware as well and the keys are not working the desktop icons are not appearing and I can't use the desktop itself and even the local C drive is also affected in user data now how to repair...
  7. Malware/Virus Removal

Malware/Virus Removal: I ran my command prompt through the advanced start up option to find malware or infected files in my system. The command prompt I ran was as follows: 1. C: 2. -s -h -r /s /d *.* 3. dir I received multiple access denied notifications along with numerous “The target...
  8. Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10

Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my 2/1 RCA laptop. After completing it Cortana was walking me through the start up procedures when things went sideways. Now I can't access my systems program and Microsoft Edge try's to load then crashes. I called a # that my 411...
  9. Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?: Hello, a few days ago my credit card has been compromised, I thought maybe because I turn on credit card autofill in Microsoft Edge but when I entered my Microsoft Account panel "https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=MeControl" I noticed an attention mark on the URL bar when a...
  10. Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?

Is my Microsoft Account infected by a virus or malware?: Hello, a few days ago my credit card has been compromised, I thought maybe because I turn on credit card autofill in Microsoft Edge but when I entered my Microsoft Account panel "https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=MeControl" I noticed an attention mark on the URL bar when a...